Edddie&Beatrice

Admitted as CR1 but on tracking green card it says permanent resident card (merged)

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I was admitted as CR1 even though it was past our 2 year anniversary. On tracking green card today I got the notification on the photo. 

Does it mean they will send me a 10year green card? 

Or is this the notification to all even those who will get CR1 card?

What can I do to ensure they send me a 10yr green card

IMG_20210801_232721_116.jpg

9 minutes ago, Edddie&Beatrice said:

Or is this the notification to all even those who will get CR1 card?

Both CR-1, IR-1, etc get that message.

9 minutes ago, Edddie&Beatrice said:

What can I do to ensure they send me a 10yr green card

If you receive the incorrect card then you should file Form I-90 for freehttps://www.uscis.gov/i-90

Reason for Application (D) My existing card has incorrect data because of DHS error.

Total $0

I recommend online filing; in the above link click on Blue "File Online" button.

Timeline
Just now, HRQX said:

Both CR-1, IR-1, etc get that message.

If you receive the incorrect card then you should file Form I-90 for freehttps://www.uscis.gov/i-90

I recommend online filing; in the above link click on Blue "File Online" button.

Thank you for the information

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Progress Reports to General Immigration-Related Discussion.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 2 months later...
Timeline

I want to file form I-90 online, to have category on my green card changed from CR1 to IR1 should I create a USCIS account or is it Okay to use the account my husband used when he filed I-130?

1 hour ago, Edddie&Beatrice said:

I want to file form I-90 online, to have category on my green card changed from CR1 to IR1 should I create a USCIS account or is it Okay to use the account my husband used when he filed I-130?

What do you mean?   Do you mean removing conditions on a 2 year conditional GC?   That’s not I-90, but I751.   There are guides at the top here on that process.

24 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

What do you mean?   Do you mean removing conditions on a 2 year conditional GC?   That’s not I-90, but I751.

Seems OP got a conditional GC due to USCIS error.  US entry on spouse visa was after 2 years of marriage --

• Ontarkie changed the title to Admitted as CR1 but on tracking green card it says permanent resident card (merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Related question merged with existing topic~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
7 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

What do you mean?   Do you mean removing conditions on a 2 year conditional GC?   That’s not I-90, but I751.   There are guides at the top here on that process.

I entered  USA after our second anniversary got CR1 what to it changed to IR1.

Edited by Edddie&Beatrice

Timeline

Someone help me with a link of an official site where it's stated  that when one enters USA after 2nd anniversary they should get 1R1? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
5 hours ago, Edddie&Beatrice said:

Someone help me with a link of an official site where it's stated  that when one enters USA after 2nd anniversary they should get 1R1? 

You became the permanent resident the day you entered the US (listed as Resident Since) date on your GC. Since that day was past your 2 year anniversary, it shouldn't have been conditional.

You can just file i90 online checking uscis error option and you'll get a 10 yr GC.

There might be other links as well but it's well stated in the link below.

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-we-grant-your-green-card/conditional-permanent-residence/removing-conditions-on-permanent-residence-based-on-marriage

Your permanent resident status is conditional if it is based on a marriage that was less than two years old on the day you became a permanent resident. We give you conditional permanent resident status when you are either admitted to the United States on an immigrant visa or adjust your status to that of a permanent resident.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

9 hours ago, Edddie&Beatrice said:

where it's stated  that when one enters USA after 2nd anniversary they should get 1R1?

See 8 C.F.R. § 235.11(b): "Correction of endorsement on immigrant visa. If the alien is subject to the provisions of section 216 of the Act, but the classification endorsed on the immigrant visa does not so indicate, the endorsement shall be corrected and the alien shall be admitted as a lawful permanent resident on a conditional basis, if otherwise admissible. Conversely, if the alien is not subject to the provisions of section 216 of the Act, but the visa classification endorsed on the immigrant visa indicates that the alien is subject thereto (e.g., if the second anniversary of the marriage upon which the immigrant visa is based occurred after the issuance of the visa and prior to the alien's application for admission) the endorsement on the visa shall be corrected and the alien shall be admitted as a lawful permanent resident without conditions, if otherwise admissible."

Timeline
On 11/2/2021 at 7:54 AM, arken said:

You became the permanent resident the day you entered the US (listed as Resident Since) date on your GC. Since that day was past your 2 year anniversary, it shouldn't have been conditional.

You can just file i90 online checking uscis error option and you'll get a 10 yr GC.

There might be other links as well but it's well stated in the link below.

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-we-grant-your-green-card/conditional-permanent-residence/removing-conditions-on-permanent-residence-based-on-marriage

Your permanent resident status is conditional if it is based on a marriage that was less than two years old on the day you became a permanent resident. We give you conditional permanent resident status when you are either admitted to the United States on an immigrant visa or adjust your status to that of a permanent resident.

Thank you, I am doing that 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.