Joe Kano

Scheduling Oath, Can that be postponed

32 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Scandi said:

Yes you can, I see this all the time in the Swedish groups on Facebook. People had planned trips to Sweden to visit family and wouldn't get their passports in time, so they decided to postpone the oath ceremony and travel on their greencards in the meanwhile. Doesn't seem to have been an issue for any of them. I believe the majority of them informed the officer about their planned trips at the actual interview though. 

👍

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Just to add another story: one of my friends had her interview a couple of weeks ago (In July).  She has an international trip at the end of this month, so she asked the officer to schedule the oath for after she returns from the trip.  No problem doing that, they made a note and she will do it on her return. 

1 hour ago, Coco&Kitten said:

Just to add another story: one of my friends had her interview a couple of weeks ago (In July).  She has an international trip at the end of this month, so she asked the officer to schedule the oath for after she returns from the trip.  No problem doing that, they made a note and she will do it on her return. 

Thanks

I hope we can get the same results.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 7/21/2021 at 3:34 PM, SusieQQQ said:

I think @Timona said she recently did this, tagging for attention 

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to answer but I will give it a shot.

You can get PP asap on same day. Dallas allows walk ins. Other locations, you will have to make appointment. As of yesterday, the government pulled out appointments from online because bots were scooping up all appointments and selling for like $400 -1000. So as of now, you have to call to get appointment. 

I hope I answered the question. If not, lemme know what it was. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

6 hours ago, Timona said:

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to answer but I will give it a shot.

You can get PP asap on same day. Dallas allows walk ins. Other locations, you will have to make appointment. As of yesterday, the government pulled out appointments from online because bots were scooping up all appointments and selling for like $400 -1000. So as of now, you have to call to get appointment. 

I hope I answered the question. If not, lemme know what it was. 

Thank You for your answer.  

My wife interview is on a Saturday in Irving, I was a little surprised they would be open on a Saturday

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Back in 2015, my sister was unable to make her oath ceremony due to work. She was chief resident at a hospital in NYC at the time and could not get permission to be away from work. She managed to reschedule the interview with no problems. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
45 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Back in 2015, my sister was unable to make her oath ceremony due to work. She was chief resident at a hospital in NYC at the time and could not get permission to be away from work. She managed to reschedule the interview with no problems. 

Things are different now during COVID. Getting appointment for anything at USCIS is like a blessing. 

5 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

Thank You for your answer.  

My wife interview is on a Saturday in Irving, I was a little surprised they would be open on a Saturday

An interview on Saturday? Or is this oath?

Irving Texas?

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

8 hours ago, Timona said:

Things are different now during COVID. Getting appointment for anything at USCIS is like a blessing. 

An interview on Saturday? Or is this oath?

Irving Texas?

Some of the offices seem to be doing what they can to catch up on backlogs/compensate for Covid measures. Example our local ASC now opens at 6am!!! and is open till 6pm.  It used to be 8-5 (or maybe even 8-4), and I think some offices are now open on Saturday as part of this push. 

7 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Some of the offices seem to be doing what they can to catch up on backlogs/compensate for Covid measures. Example our local ASC now opens at 6am!!! and is open till 6pm.  It used to be 8-5 (or maybe even 8-4), and I think some offices are now open on Saturday as part of this push. 

That was my first thought as well being on a Saturday, they are trying to catch up 

• 3 weeks later...

Update: She had her interview yesterday , she passed.   There is a small issue with her name when she came to USA and got her greencard she took her last name and made it her middle name, this is common in Philippines once you get married. 

So she was told she will have to go to District Judge who will swear her in and do the legal name change at the same time in our county we live in.  So she is suppose to wait for a letter and she asked the IO about changing dates due to pre planned trips coming up.  She was once she gets the oath date then she can reschedule.

I am guessing it will be a few months before she gets a oath date, but we shall see. 

21 hours ago, SadFace said:

Im waiting for 3 month for my oath and name change…. So it can be long waiting

Thank you for that.

We have 2 trips planned to Cancun Mexico one early September and one in October.  That would be perfect for us, and then after we make the trips she can work on getting that US Passport, and I won't schedule any more out of country trips till she has US Passport in hand.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.