laylalex

Despite the myth of flight, there is no California exodus, UC research shows

8 posts in this topic

The researchers drew on public opinion data, the U.S. Census, consumer credit histories, home ownership rates, venture capital investments, and information from the Franchise Tax Board to make their determinations that there is no California exodus. 

"Sliced and diced by geography, race, income and other demographic factors, our efforts have produced a clearer picture of who perceives California as the Golden State versus a failed state," said UC Regent John A. Pérez in a statement. "The empirical data will be, at once, disappointing to those who want to write California’s obituary, as well as a call to action for policymakers to address the challenges that have caused some to lose faith in the California Dream."

Thad Kousser, chair of the political science department at UC San Diego and the lead researcher of the most recent survey, added: "Despite the popular notion of unhappy Californians leaving the state en masse, our robust research shows there is actually no exodus." 

He said he hoped the research would encourage policymakers to focus more on the middle class struggling to afford housing and people facing the greatest economic challenges to make their lives better. 

https://www.ktvu.com/news/despite-the-myth-of-flight-there-is-no-california-exodus-uc-research-shows

Don't worry, non-Californians, we're not coming to make you all Commies!

It's not surprising to me. Anecdotally, I don't think I've ever known anyone who moved out of state because they just couldn't take California anymore. (I'm sure they exist. I just haven't met them.) Most people I know moved because of work, to be with family, or just because they wanted the lifestyle in another state.

5 minutes ago, Trompe le Monde said:

our house prices would be a bit more sensible if everyone was leaving

I still think that Fraud-o-Meter is wrong. Devar shouldn't be on there at all. He is too pure. And we cannot forget this about him:

IDkXuGD.jpg

34 minutes ago, Trompe le Monde said:

our house prices would be a bit more sensible if everyone was leaving

Hey I tried my best to help by moving out of state. Sorry I couldn't help that much. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hmmm.

Businesses Are Fleeing California Along With Its Residents, And President Biden Should Pay Attention

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adammillsap/2021/08/27/businesses-are-fleeing-california-along-with-its-residents-and-president-biden-should-pay-attention/amp/

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!