Sangeeta Rana

Less marrige pictures

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi me and my husband has a age difference of 19 years and we did court marriage because my n his family was against of this marriage because of age issues. Right now our case is in nvc soon i will get the interview date more over because of corona he didn’t get a chance to come india. So do i need to worry about my interview, can they reject our case.

i have few pictures of ours

bank statements of our joint account 

the gifts he sent me from Us receipt and pictures 

xoom statement 

i used his bank card in india that accounts statement

call records 

chats 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

37 vs 18 is different than say 69 versus 50.  

The larger the age gap the more evidence of bonafide relationship needed including time spent together.  

Assuming you are 19 years younger than your husband, you should be prepared for the question: “if your husband was a citizen and resident of India would you be married to him?”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mike E said:

37 vs 18 is different than say 69 versus 50.  

The larger the age gap the more evidence of bonafide relationship needed including time spent together.  

Assuming you are 19 years younger than your husband, you should be prepared for the question: “if your husband was a citizen and resident of India would you be married to him?”

Yes definitely I would marry him. Even though i told him come back here i dont wanna go. But he is settle he dont wanna i have every one here so this is so challenging for me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, Sangeeta Rana said:

Hi me and my husband has a age difference of 19 years and we did court marriage because my n his family was against of this marriage because of age issues. Right now our case is in nvc soon i will get the interview date more over because of corona he didn’t get a chance to come india. So do i need to worry about my interview, can they reject our case.

It's hard to say how your case will turn out, but with a big age gap officers like to see lots of time together, to show that the relationship is real.  How much time have you spent together, in person?  How many visits has your husband made to be with you?  Did you marry on the first visit?  All of this information will help get the best advice.  Can you meet again in a third country before the interview?  The more visits the better, to overcome age gap concerns.  Good luck!

Timeline
14 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

It's hard to say how your case will turn out, but with a big age gap officers like to see lots of time together, to show that the relationship is real.  How much time have you spent together, in person?  How many visits has your husband made to be with you?  Did you marry on the first visit?  All of this information will help get the best advice.  Can you meet again in a third country before the interview?  The more visits the better, to overcome age gap concerns.  Good luck!

Hey i met him in person the second time and then we got married. We are dated each other since 2018. He was came to talk his family about us but they turned against him and threatened me and all so we decided to get married this time otherwise we didn’t have any plan for marrige. That is why we didn’t think about all these proof n all. And yes we planned a honeymoon trip in maldives in april but india gone in worst condition because of the covid situation and we had to stop the plan until this covid situation turn down. Because of covid he didnt get a chance to come and this is not any fake reason its genuine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sangeeta Rana said:

Hey i met him in person the second time and then we got married. We are dated each other since 2018. He was came to talk his family about us but they turned against him and threatened me and all so we decided to get married this time otherwise we didn’t have any plan for marrige. That is why we didn’t think about all these proof n all. And yes we planned a honeymoon trip in maldives in april but india gone in worst condition because of the covid situation and we had to stop the plan until this covid situation turn down. Because of covid he didnt get a chance to come and this is not any fake reason its genuine.

India is going to be a long wait for a visa interview due to COVID, so you still have time to meet in a third country one or more times prior to the interview, something I highly recommend that you do if possible, take all that evidence (original boarding passes, passport stamps, hotel receipts) to the visa interview later this year or early next year whenever it is scheduled and hope it is enough.  If you are denied at the interview because of concerns about the age gap and insufficient evidence of a bona fide marriage relationship, they normally give you more time to submit additional evidence.  Also look into financial co-mingling evidence--joint credit card statements, beneficiary on insurance (life, dental, health, vision) and retirement accounts, will, living will, power of attorney, IRS tax transcripts as married filing jointly, etc.  Good luck!

15 hours ago, Sangeeta Rana said:

xoom statement 

call records 

chats 

My husband is 17 years older than me, I had no questions at my interview on the age gap. We managed to get a joint bank account, I'm not sure if using his card in India is evidence. Try and get a lot of evidence to be prepared like I did. Better to have it and not need it or need it and not have it.

Best of luck!

wpid-1030ldr.gif

19 hours ago, Sangeeta Rana said:

xoom statement 

call records 

chats 

You have got all the good proofs. Be confident , you will be fine. Carmel 34 and bobjenny are right 

Edited by Siggy

Timeline
7 hours ago, bobjennyhitched said:

My husband is 17 years older than me, I had no questions at my interview on the age gap. We managed to get a joint bank account, I'm not sure if using his card in India is evidence. Try and get a lot of evidence to be prepared like I did. Better to have it and not need it or need it and not have it.

Best of luck!

I only use his credit card only have each evidence for it. Thank you 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Love have no boundaries,Having said that people at the embassy usually are very familiar with the culture of the countries they are in.And in South Asia that much of age difference is a big no and it's big red flag.To overcome that you have to work very hard with lots of proofs.and best one in my opinion is birth of a child ,which shows your marriage is serious and and not  fake ,just get green card.

Edited by Nasirlahore

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/12/2021 at 8:14 AM, Sangeeta Rana said:

I am sure you might have heard that- one size doesn’t fit for all...Then same goes in all walks of life...I am sure many members have said and will say that if your relationship is legitimate then don’t worry about anything...but unfortunately in a practical life things are different than a theory one. USCIS always want you to prove the bonafide of your relationship than submitting just a marriage certificate and a few chat/calls/pictures, otherwise everyone would have sailed thru so easily.

Also, keep it in mind that it doesn’t matter what/how a relationship seems legitimate and bonafide to us and others, instead how it looks to USCIS and Consular officers is all matters. So, what I, you and other people think of the legitimacy and bonafide of your relationship is not matter, rather what USCIS and consular officers will think is that all matters. 

Further, one poster has correctly and rightly explained over here that age issue between the couples is cultural-related and that’s how consular officers will take it to deal with it because consular officers always go along with local laws and customs. When they are posted in particular country, they are trained well about the local culture. Having said that, age issue won’t be matter to couples in Western countries, Russia, Philippines and some Asian and Latin American countries because by large age has never been an issue in their culture, but its a whole ball game for couples from India and Pakistan...and I am speaking based upon my own case.

Yes, there must be some couples who were easily be sailed thru despite of big age gap in India and Pakistan, but they are not norm because majority of cases wherein big age gap are drilled too much and cases are delayed for many months and even years (like it was in my case). There was a big age gap between me and my ex wife (from India). We had 28 yrs age gap. She was 18 and I was 46. Even though every thinks of me being only 26-28 even know, US embassy in India thought its a BIG BIG red flag and it was biggest no no in our case. Yes, I understand that they didn’t see me in person to know how I look like as we didn’t submit much photos when we filed I-130...We really were married for love...and its not that she wanted to immigrate to US as most people do...she is from a very good and rich family. She wanted to move to US just because of me.

As I said before in one of my other postings on this site that whenever a file reaches to local US consulate/Embassy then local staffs do other processing on the case...they review the whole file...and point out any red-flag or questionable info and write a memoranda for consular officer...Consular officer reads that memoranda only than whole file most of the time as they are so busy that they don’t have time to go over with every nitty gritty details and documents on your file...Its the job of local staff in the visa section...and these staffs are always bound by local customs. On my ex wife’s case they put a BIG red flag mark just because of age...During the interview, 6 fraud American officers took my wife in a small room and kept shooting questions...3 of those women were very dangerous...6” tall..and big eyes...scary ones...because they were from fraud dept...They demanded her cellular phone first...Phone was outside the embassy...she was told to bring it in...some people left their cellular phone at their home or at hotel room then embassy rescheduled their interview and asked them to bring their phone as well...Only when they suspect a fraud...and huge age gap will invoke fraud investigation..

They right away scanned and saved everything from my wife’s cellular phone to their memory chip...everything from the phone..So if you are chatting or talking with other people on the side in the back of your fiancé then they would know...then right in front of my wife, they called her mom...friends and uncle and aunts to ask them if they were aware of our marriage...and they even told her mom that her mom sold her daughter when she had no objection to marry me who was her father’s age. They have big staff inside India in US consulate who does all investigation...like local people...those Indian women called as well to my wife’s mom to tell this...and even sent local people at my place in India and my wife’s place to ask neighbor if they know about our marriage. I was from north India (Delhi) as my mom and family still live there while I was living in US for the last 30 yrs...and my ex wife was from South India (Hyderabad). They took 7 hours to interview my wife during fraud interview...and were putting the word in my wife’s mouth and in her head that I was the worst person in this whole world...a pedefier...they called many her friends...She was even asked, during the interview, by lady officers, as to how many times we do sex everyday...and what positions...Could you imagine that? So unethical...and we are not even allowed to take attorney inside the embassy.

My ex wife and I were married in court as her father was against of this marriage because of different religion..Nobody knew about my age as my ex wife didn’t want anyone to know as she knew that nobody would have accepted it...According to her, it was about her life and her love and her happiness than anyone else. My immediate family was upset too as they were saying that I was marrying a kid especially when my nephews and neices were more of age than my ex wife...which is why my brothers and sisters were not happy and didn’t attend the wedding...The relationship with whole family turned out to be in turmoil...USCIS had sit on my ex wife’s case for a year after investigation in the name of AP and never contacted...I got the help from my local congressperson to know where is the case...Local consulate sent my whole case back to USCIS...local fraud field investigation unit to investigate me...like inquiring from people in my job and my neighbour etc..4 federal agents showed up at my house in the middle of night to investigate...took pictures of every corner of my house...asked tons of documents...this and that...All this mainly for big age-gap, otherwise I hv had a very clean record in last 30 years in US...not even a traffic ticket. Never did anything wrong in my life...It took 3 yrs for them to keep investigating and in the end my ex could tolerate and we decided that I will move to India to live with her...so we finally withdrew the petition after 3 yrs. Four years ago my ex wife died during giving birth..

I am not saying that every case in India of big age gap will end up like this...Instead I believe that if you frontload truck load of documents then you might have a different outcome. We filed in rush and submitted only 2 pics...We didn’t know that one needs to have enough documents and pics...Also, we went to a law firm in India to inquire about the marriage who said that he can get us married right there and let us walk away with a marriage certificate within 30 minutes...so we did marry right there..in our jeans and without any guest. Indian weddings are very colorful events....thus consular people are aware of it...they want to see wedding pictures...wedding receptions...honeymoon pictures...etc...etc..pictures with family too...

Now I have a fiancé’s in India who is 30 yrs younger than me...I knew her for the last 3 yrs..when she was 18 and now she is 21 yrs...her whole family knew about it...they invited me to spend time in their house...I stayed in their house for many times as they are from Punjab...Even her uncles and aunts all they like me very much even though they are all younger than me but no one knows my age except she and her older sister...Her older sister was dying to marry with me as she fell madly in love with me as she and I were best friends as we met thru a matrimonial site...When I didn’t show any love interest in her, she introduced her sister to me which I fell in love at first sight...Again, I look like as if I am only 28-30...everyone even in US says the same...But these girls don’t care about my age, even though I am 10 younger than their father and 13 yrs older than her mom...they say that age is just numbers...And believe it or not, they act more maturely than me...They are much mature in their thoughts and acts...I have visited them a few times...and now going there in this October to marry her...I know that its gonna be a big hassle...So this time I will do things differently...gonna have colorful weddings...thousands of pictures..and  with family as well...and even honeymoon (which I didn’t have last time)...and I would even try to have baby by the time interview comes...otherwise things would be very rough in my case...Sorry, I am not trying to scare you or anyone else, just stating my own experience with huge age gap when it comes to US consulate in India. Good luck

Timeline
7 hours ago, TWISTIE said:

I am sure you might have heard that- one size doesn’t fit for all...Then same goes in all walks of life...I am sure many members have said and will say that if your relationship is legitimate then don’t worry about anything...but unfortunately in a practical life things are different than a theory one. USCIS always want you to prove the bonafide of your relationship than submitting just a marriage certificate and a few chat/calls/pictures, otherwise everyone would have sailed thru so easily.

Also, keep it in mind that it doesn’t matter what/how a relationship seems legitimate and bonafide to us and others, instead how it looks to USCIS and Consular officers is all matters. So, what I, you and other people think of the legitimacy and bonafide of your relationship is not matter, rather what USCIS and consular officers will think is that all matters. 

Further, one poster has correctly and rightly explained over here that age issue between the couples is cultural-related and that’s how consular officers will take it to deal with it because consular officers always go along with local laws and customs. When they are posted in particular country, they are trained well about the local culture. Having said that, age issue won’t be matter to couples in Western countries, Russia, Philippines and some Asian and Latin American countries because by large age has never been an issue in their culture, but its a whole ball game for couples from India and Pakistan...and I am speaking based upon my own case.

Yes, there must be some couples who were easily be sailed thru despite of big age gap in India and Pakistan, but they are not norm because majority of cases wherein big age gap are drilled too much and cases are delayed for many months and even years (like it was in my case). There was a big age gap between me and my ex wife (from India). We had 28 yrs age gap. She was 18 and I was 46. Even though every thinks of me being only 26-28 even know, US embassy in India thought its a BIG BIG red flag and it was biggest no no in our case. Yes, I understand that they didn’t see me in person to know how I look like as we didn’t submit much photos when we filed I-130...We really were married for love...and its not that she wanted to immigrate to US as most people do...she is from a very good and rich family. She wanted to move to US just because of me.

As I said before in one of my other postings on this site that whenever a file reaches to local US consulate/Embassy then local staffs do other processing on the case...they review the whole file...and point out any red-flag or questionable info and write a memoranda for consular officer...Consular officer reads that memoranda only than whole file most of the time as they are so busy that they don’t have time to go over with every nitty gritty details and documents on your file...Its the job of local staff in the visa section...and these staffs are always bound by local customs. On my ex wife’s case they put a BIG red flag mark just because of age...During the interview, 6 fraud American officers took my wife in a small room and kept shooting questions...3 of those women were very dangerous...6” tall..and big eyes...scary ones...because they were from fraud dept...They demanded her cellular phone first...Phone was outside the embassy...she was told to bring it in...some people left their cellular phone at their home or at hotel room then embassy rescheduled their interview and asked them to bring their phone as well...Only when they suspect a fraud...and huge age gap will invoke fraud investigation..

They right away scanned and saved everything from my wife’s cellular phone to their memory chip...everything from the phone..So if you are chatting or talking with other people on the side in the back of your fiancé then they would know...then right in front of my wife, they called her mom...friends and uncle and aunts to ask them if they were aware of our marriage...and they even told her mom that her mom sold her daughter when she had no objection to marry me who was her father’s age. They have big staff inside India in US consulate who does all investigation...like local people...those Indian women called as well to my wife’s mom to tell this...and even sent local people at my place in India and my wife’s place to ask neighbor if they know about our marriage. I was from north India (Delhi) as my mom and family still live there while I was living in US for the last 30 yrs...and my ex wife was from South India (Hyderabad). They took 7 hours to interview my wife during fraud interview...and were putting the word in my wife’s mouth and in her head that I was the worst person in this whole world...a pedefier...they called many her friends...She was even asked, during the interview, by lady officers, as to how many times we do sex everyday...and what positions...Could you imagine that? So unethical...and we are not even allowed to take attorney inside the embassy.

My ex wife and I were married in court as her father was against of this marriage because of different religion..Nobody knew about my age as my ex wife didn’t want anyone to know as she knew that nobody would have accepted it...According to her, it was about her life and her love and her happiness than anyone else. My immediate family was upset too as they were saying that I was marrying a kid especially when my nephews and neices were more of age than my ex wife...which is why my brothers and sisters were not happy and didn’t attend the wedding...The relationship with whole family turned out to be in turmoil...USCIS had sit on my ex wife’s case for a year after investigation in the name of AP and never contacted...I got the help from my local congressperson to know where is the case...Local consulate sent my whole case back to USCIS...local fraud field investigation unit to investigate me...like inquiring from people in my job and my neighbour etc..4 federal agents showed up at my house in the middle of night to investigate...took pictures of every corner of my house...asked tons of documents...this and that...All this mainly for big age-gap, otherwise I hv had a very clean record in last 30 years in US...not even a traffic ticket. Never did anything wrong in my life...It took 3 yrs for them to keep investigating and in the end my ex could tolerate and we decided that I will move to India to live with her...so we finally withdrew the petition after 3 yrs. Four years ago my ex wife died during giving birth..

I am not saying that every case in India of big age gap will end up like this...Instead I believe that if you frontload truck load of documents then you might have a different outcome. We filed in rush and submitted only 2 pics...We didn’t know that one needs to have enough documents and pics...Also, we went to a law firm in India to inquire about the marriage who said that he can get us married right there and let us walk away with a marriage certificate within 30 minutes...so we did marry right there..in our jeans and without any guest. Indian weddings are very colorful events....thus consular people are aware of it...they want to see wedding pictures...wedding receptions...honeymoon pictures...etc...etc..pictures with family too...

Now I have a fiancé’s in India who is 30 yrs younger than me...I knew her for the last 3 yrs..when she was 18 and now she is 21 yrs...her whole family knew about it...they invited me to spend time in their house...I stayed in their house for many times as they are from Punjab...Even her uncles and aunts all they like me very much even though they are all younger than me but no one knows my age except she and her older sister...Her older sister was dying to marry with me as she fell madly in love with me as she and I were best friends as we met thru a matrimonial site...When I didn’t show any love interest in her, she introduced her sister to me which I fell in love at first sight...Again, I look like as if I am only 28-30...everyone even in US says the same...But these girls don’t care about my age, even though I am 10 younger than their father and 13 yrs older than her mom...they say that age is just numbers...And believe it or not, they act more maturely than me...They are much mature in their thoughts and acts...I have visited them a few times...and now going there in this October to marry her...I know that its gonna be a big hassle...So this time I will do things differently...gonna have colorful weddings...thousands of pictures..and  with family as well...and even honeymoon (which I didn’t have last time)...and I would even try to have baby by the time interview comes...otherwise things would be very rough in my case...Sorry, I am not trying to scare you or anyone else, just stating my own experience with huge age gap when it comes to US consulate in India. Good luck

Hey thanks really thanks I might call my husband and tell this.And he is coming to India we are going honeymoon together.

Edited by Sangeeta Rana

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.