shkabaan

N-400 July 2021 Filers

263 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, RS_ said:

Hi All, 

I’m wondering what list of documents did you attach online to the N400 application? I’ll be applying based on the 3 year rule and a list of documents would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank You

Hi! 

if you’re submitting online, then it will specifically ask you for specific documents in their own sections like:

copy of LPR card,

marriage certificate,

USC Spouse’s birth certificate,

if you’re a male and fulfill the criteria, then proof of selective service registration,

and tax documents.

Apart from this, there is an additional supporting documents section where you can add whatever. I added:

our joint lease agreement,

spouse’s US passport bio page,

one debit card statement PDF since 01/2021,

and one credit card statement PDF since 01/2021, where we have joint ownership.

Also filing under 3 year rule! Hope this helps! Good luck! 

Edited by shkabaan

AOS:

05/23/2018:     Sent in all four forms.

10/10/2018:     Interview at Detroit Field Office - Green Card Approved.

11/10/2018:     Green Card Received (Starting CPR 10/15/2018)

ROC:

07/24/2020:     Packet sent.

03/25/2021:     ROC Approved

03/29/2021:     Green Card Received

N-400:

07/17/2021:     Online Submission. NOA and Bio Reused 07/17.
10/20/2021:     Interview Scheduled for 12/03

01/12/2022:     Oath Ceremony

Hello all.

I just filed my N400 Online I'm From New jersey. 

July 18,2021 biometric Reuse.

July 18, 2021 Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS
July 18, 2021 We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and sent you a receipt notice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/17/2021 at 9:46 AM, heamatite2000 said:

Filed today! 17th July 😄😄 hopefully the time goes by fast

Following your progress. Make sure to update your timeline so the numbers on the site are accurate. I filed in June and my office is also Orlando. Hopefully we have smooth cases and can help each other along the way.

As an FYI, my case time frame was updated about a week after I sent it in. It went from an estimate of 15 months to about 11 months over the course of a couple of weeks. Lots of people on here are saying that the time frames they give on the website are not accurate, but are average times. They appear to be catching up on applications after COVID-19 shutdowns, and Orlando looks like it is processing applications pretty quickly. We'll know more on Orlando around September 23rd, as this is around the time they come out with the next processing report, by local office.

Here is the latest processing report, by local office: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/reports/N400_performancedata_fy2021_qtr2.pdf

Best Regards.

Edited by bsd058

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filling the N400 form. This is my first marriage and had no kids before or from the current marriage. My husband has one son from his prior marriage. Need help to answer this question.

Here is the question from the N400 form.

Do you have any children?

You must indicate all of your children, including:

• Children who are alive, missing, or deceased
  • Children born in the United States or in other countries
  • Children under or over 18 years of age
  • Children who are currently married or unmarried
  • Children living with you or elsewhere
  • Current stepchildren
  • Legally adopted children
  • Children born when you were not married

So, will I choose yes or No?

If yes-is it considered current Step children? Please guide. Thank you!

Edited by humming bird

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
13 minutes ago, humming bird said:

Filling the N400 form. This is my first marriage and had no kids before or from the current marriage. My husband has one son from his prior marriage. Need help to answer this question.

Here is the question from the N400 form.

Do you have any children?

You must indicate all of your children, including:

• Children who are alive, missing, or deceased
  • Children born in the United States or in other countries
  • Children under or over 18 years of age
  • Children who are currently married or unmarried
  • Children living with you or elsewhere
  • Current stepchildren
  • Legally adopted children
  • Children born when you were not married

So, will I choose yes or No?

If yes-is it considered current Step children? Please guide. Thank you!

If the Child stays with both of you and/or part of husband's dependent in tax filing ... then this child is your current Step child.

Edited by Leap of Faith

5 minutes ago, Leap of Faith said:

If the Child stays with you ... then He/she is your current Step child.

Thank you Leap of faith. The child is an adult, not included in our tax return as dependent and does not stay with us.

So, which option should I choose? Yes or No?

Is he not my step child in relation whether stays with us or not?

(Also, I absolutely detest the term step child) But I am stuck on this.

Edited by humming bird

Timeline
2 minutes ago, humming bird said:

Thank you Leap of faith. The child is an adult and does not stay with us.

So, which option I should choose? Yes or No?

My guess is if you are the N400 applicant... then he is not !

Timeline

would go for Husband's Adult child being not your current Step Child... and NO for Children in your application based on your situation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have been trying to file online, and when I was uploading documents, either it will only capture the first page or it wont upload at all. I am using Google Chrome.  Now, I just decided to file paper and send it via USPS.  Then after I printed all documents needed, I saw a thread saying to use Internet Explorer.  😖

Anybody have a problem uploading documents?

Edited by Mydy
Correcting info

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
16 hours ago, humming bird said:

Thank you Leap of faith. The child is an adult, not included in our tax return as dependent and does not stay with us.

So, which option should I choose? Yes or No?

Is he not my step child in relation whether stays with us or not?

(Also, I absolutely detest the term step child) But I am stuck on this.

The answer is YES. You must list ALL children, no matter the age, no matter where they live. They are your adult stepchild, or most certainly children born when you were not married. None of this is about dependency. Just about how many children there are between you and your spouse. 

From the N-400 instructions>>

Item Number 1. Indicate your total number of children. Count all of your children, regardless of whether they are alive, missing, deceased; born in other countries or in the United States; under 18 years of age or over 18 years of age; married or unmarried; living with you or elsewhere; current stepchildren; legally adopted children; or children born when you were not married.

Item Number 2. Provide information about all your children listed in Item Number 1., regardless of age. If needed, use a separate sheet of paper to provide the information requested. Provide the following information for each child including the child’s current legal name; A-Number (if applicable); date of birth; country of birth (type or print the name of the country at the time of your child’s birth, even if the name changed); relationship to you (for example, biological child, stepchild, legally adopted child); and current address.

1. If your son or daughter is living with you, type or print “Child Residing With Me” in the space provided for the child’s address;

2. If your son or daughter is not living with you, type or print the address where your child resides; or

3. If your son or daughter is missing or deceased, type or print “Child Missing” or “Child Deceased” in the space provided for the address.

15 hours ago, Leap of Faith said:

would go for Husband's Adult child being not your current Step Child... and NO for Children in your application based on your situation.

This is incorrect. ALL children must be listed, as the form itself and instructions state. 

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

4 hours ago, KayDeeCee said:

The answer is YES. You must list ALL children, no matter the age, no matter where they live. They are your adult stepchild, or most certainly children born when you were not married. None of this is about dependency. Just about how many children there are between you and your spouse. 

From the N-400 instructions>>

Item Number 1. Indicate your total number of children. Count all of your children, regardless of whether they are alive, missing, deceased; born in other countries or in the United States; under 18 years of age or over 18 years of age; married or unmarried; living with you or elsewhere; current stepchildren; legally adopted children; or children born when you were not married.

Item Number 2. Provide information about all your children listed in Item Number 1., regardless of age. If needed, use a separate sheet of paper to provide the information requested. Provide the following information for each child including the child’s current legal name; A-Number (if applicable); date of birth; country of birth (type or print the name of the country at the time of your child’s birth, even if the name changed); relationship to you (for example, biological child, stepchild, legally adopted child); and current address.

1. If your son or daughter is living with you, type or print “Child Residing With Me” in the space provided for the child’s address;

2. If your son or daughter is not living with you, type or print the address where your child resides; or

3. If your son or daughter is missing or deceased, type or print “Child Missing” or “Child Deceased” in the space provided for the address.

This is incorrect. ALL children must be listed, as the form itself and instructions state. 

Thank you so much for your input KayDeeCee. I selected yes and included my husband's sweet son's info.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.