shkabaan

N-400 July 2021 Filers

263 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
7 hours ago, Abies said:

Wow.. I might try my luck too since biometrics have been scheduled too.

Thanks for the heads up 

Don't wait for the appointment to come in the mail in case you have an online account, just print it out right from there

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
15 hours ago, Savva said:

Here's my friend's story, she's not on Visajourney and I thought it may be helpful for others, so she lives in Austin TX, with a local office in San Antonio, she applied on November 1st 5 year rule, so on July 13th her status changed from "received" to " biometric appointment was scheduled" (not reuse) and also the letter was uploaded into her document tab, the biometrics were scheduled for August 6th, she called me to that and I told her do not wait and to go there immediately to see if they can squeeze her in right away, so she did go there on the 14th, she got there at 10am no people were there and they let her in without any explanation why she wants to do it earlier, so, at 1pm her status changed from "biometrics scheduled" to "case is being actively reviewed by USCIS" on the 15th (next day) her status changed again, to "interview was scheduled" for August 24th

Hope it will be helpful 😃😃😃

Wow! This scares me lol 😂 This means I better start studying right now 😰….

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

What are you all doing to prepare for the interview/test?

I read the questions on their website… is that all I need to know? Or should I get more resources/information?

Does anyone know how this part of the process works?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Savva said:

Don't wait for the appointment to come in the mail in case you have an online account, just print it out right from there

I have it in my USCIS online account. Will try to be there by Monday. 

I pray they don’t send me back home 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Abies said:

I have it in my USCIS online account. Will try to be there by Monday. 

I pray they don’t send me back home 

Hopefully for you!

19 hours ago, Be11atrix said:

What are you all doing to prepare for the interview/test?

I read the questions on their website… is that all I need to know? Or should I get more resources/information?

Does anyone know how this part of the process works?

Hey be11atrix

just chiming in to say my wife filed a few days after you, also in Atlanta, and she’s also from Colombia! So please keep us updated on your status haha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We filed our N-400 today, so now the final part of the journey begins....

10/25/2016 Hard copy date NOA1                                            09/12/2017  AOS paperwork mailed

11/25/2016 RFE  app update                                                      09/13/2017 AOS paperwork rcvd in Chicago

12/02/2016 RFE hard copy received                                          09/18/2017 AOS paperwork accepted

12/03/2016 RFE information mailed to Ca.Service Center    10/18/2017 AOS case status  Ready to schedule appointment

12/06/2016 App Case update RFE Information Received      11/17/2017 biometrics completed

12/21/2016 App case update Approved (57 days)                 1/8/2018  Interview completed but being reviewed

12/26/2017 NOA 2 hard copy received                                     1/11/2018   I 765 approved

1/03/2017  NVC received case                                                  1/19/2018  EAD/AP combo card received

1/04/2017  NVC issued case number                                       1/23/2018  AOS approved

1/05/2017  Case status changed to in transit                         1/27/2018 Card mailed     

1/10/2017  Case status set to Ready                                       10/23/2019 I 751 mailed to dallas

1/16/2017  Medical exam completed                                       09/24/2020 RFE received

1/18/2017  CFO completed                                                        10/28/2020  RFE info received

1/26/2017  Interview completed                                                11/10/2020 approved                                         

2/13/2017  Case status "ISSUED"                                               12/10.2020 10 year card received

2/17/2017  Visa in hand                                                               07/31/2021 N400 FILED ONLINE

2/24/2017  POE Chicago                                                              08/05/2021 interview scheduled

05/15/2017 Married 🙂

Timeline
On 7/30/2021 at 1:34 AM, Be11atrix said:

I got notified on the app on July 24th as well. You should be getting it very soon 🙏🏼

Got it in the mailbox today 

Hi everyone, filed N400 online on Thursday under the 3-year rule. Also in Atlanta, like some other posters I see here.

Hoping to get biometrics notice very soon as we have a trip out of the country planned in 3 weeks!

2 hours ago, boston_immi said:

Can someone help me. How long from filling N-400 to get biometric? I can file Aug 17 but I am out of town Sept 25 - Oct 3 so I don’t want to file too soon and miss bio apt (because rescheduling can be a nightmare and can take longer)

It’s almost impossible to guess when or if you’ll need biometrics done. If you haven’t had biometrics done by USCIS (inside the country) and only in a US consulate, it’s almost guaranteed you’ll need an appointment. Otherwise, if you do get a reuse it may be the same day as you submit or within the first week from what I’m seeing. If you don’t, then it’s anyone’s guess how long it might take for you to get an appointment notice. Let’s say you do get it, I’ve seen a trend of getting an appointment notice within 1-2 months of applying and the appointment date is within 1 month of the notice. It’s really hard to make any guesses with USCIS to be honest. Apologies if this is not helpful. I know a few people here on VJ and some friends from Boston who’ve applied this year and most got biometrics reuse right away after applying. 

AOS:

05/23/2018:     Sent in all four forms.

10/10/2018:     Interview at Detroit Field Office - Green Card Approved.

11/10/2018:     Green Card Received (Starting CPR 10/15/2018)

ROC:

07/24/2020:     Packet sent.

03/25/2021:     ROC Approved

03/29/2021:     Green Card Received

N-400:

07/17/2021:     Online Submission. NOA and Bio Reused 07/17.
10/20/2021:     Interview Scheduled for 12/03

01/12/2022:     Oath Ceremony

8 hours ago, shkabaan said:

It’s almost impossible to guess when or if you’ll need biometrics done. If you haven’t had biometrics done by USCIS (inside the country) and only in a US consulate, it’s almost guaranteed you’ll need an appointment. Otherwise, if you do get a reuse it may be the same day as you submit or within the first week from what I’m seeing. If you don’t, then it’s anyone’s guess how long it might take for you to get an appointment notice. Let’s say you do get it, I’ve seen a trend of getting an appointment notice within 1-2 months of applying and the appointment date is within 1 month of the notice. It’s really hard to make any guesses with USCIS to be honest. Apologies if this is not helpful. I know a few people here on VJ and some friends from Boston who’ve applied this year and most got biometrics reuse right away after applying. 

Thank you! I had biometrics done in the US for I-485 in 2018 and those were reused for I-751 in December so hopefully they get reused again! I am filling paper (which is what my lawyer does) so that may also take a little longer as I believe with paper N-400 they scan into the system. 

11 hours ago, Rose_3001 said:

Hi everyone, filed N400 online on Thursday under the 3-year rule. Also in Atlanta, like some other posters I see here.

Hoping to get biometrics notice very soon as we have a trip out of the country planned in 3 weeks!

We filed online Atlanta on Wednesday. Got biometrics notice for Monday the 23rd of august 

Timeline

Just had my biometrics that was scheduled for August 17th 2021 (11am) done. Status says USCIS is actively reviewing my case🤪🤪🤪

Thanks @Savva for the heads up 😂😂😂

Edited by Abies

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.