2,965 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, vawa2018 said:

Right,but why would he request anything for my I-360 if they already approved it 11 months ago?

Is for I-360, I thought it was I-485 since you mentioned.. If your I-360 was approved than it could be a glitch. 

38 minutes ago, vawa2018 said:

Hello guys, so I have one question ( concern).

My VAWA was approved last year in December 22, I received my c31 in November and just renewed both C09 and C31. However they have just processed C31 renewal whereas I already have c09 in my hands. For the first time, they did not include my fingerprints on the card. 

I changed my address a moth ago through their website and 2 month ago when I moved, I sent a letter to Vermont but no response from them.

Today my I-360 status changed to initial review even though they approved my petition last year and I have approval notice and everything. My I-485 has been sitting in Chicago field office for 11 months now.

What this initial review might be? 

Most likely a glitch in the system . 

17 hours ago, FeDaniela said:

Since you are a VAWA applicant privacy policy applies to your I-485. Inquiry must be in writing to Your local office since they already have your I-485. I recommend you to contact your county congressman representative to make an inquiry on behalf of your I-485.

I still think you are under processing time since March 2021 was your Vawa approval. New York is taking around 12-18 months to process I-485. 

@FeDaniela hi fedaniela, i have a question, I thought that the receipt date for the i485 was the measuring stick to know the processing time for i485 process at your local uscis office, I did not know that the vawa approval date was a measuring stick to compare how long it takes to process the i485.

1 hour ago, vawa2018 said:

Hello guys, so I have one question ( concern).

My VAWA was approved last year in December 22, I received my c31 in November and just renewed both C09 and C31. However they have just processed C31 renewal whereas I already have c09 in my hands. For the first time, they did not include my fingerprints on the card. 

I changed my address a moth ago through their website and 2 month ago when I moved, I sent a letter to Vermont but no response from them.

Today my I-360 status changed to initial review even though they approved my petition last year and I have approval notice and everything. My I-485 has been sitting in Chicago field office for 11 months now.

What this initial review might be? 

True, it might be jut a glitch :) anyway, that is awesome that your case is moving FORWARD! Congrats :) 

12 minutes ago, marcoisland777 said:

@FeDaniela hi fedaniela, i have a question, I thought that the receipt date for the i485 was the measuring stick to know the processing time for i485 process at your local uscis office, I did not know that the vawa approval date was a measuring stick to compare how long it takes to process the i485.

I-360 is adjudicated in Vermont Service Center only they do not adjudicated I-485 (this is difference with I-130/ I-485 they are both adjudicated together according with priority date ) meaning  the I-485 will not be process until I-360 has reached a final decision in Vermont . Even thought they I-485 have same priority date the processing starts when is transfer and its adjudication starts. 

Edited by FeDaniela

Hi Fam! 

After a few days of getting the interview cancellation, I got another online update that my case has been scheduled for interview but I didn’t receive any notice in the mail for all the updates. My lawyer is not responding to me at all. How do I get a copy of the notice and ask for a change of address? If i do it online i know it might take awhile and I might miss my interview. Help pls! @FeDaniela @Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj @TBoneTX 

393BD452-C762-4789-9043-64EDCB8333A7.jpeg

Edited by MGJ_NY

3 hours ago, FeDaniela said:

Initial review means an officer already have your file to review he can request any evidence and sent you RFE, set your interview if he consider necessary, or waived  the interview if he consider is your case is complete. 

@FeDaniela so my i360 is in initial review since april of this month. How long can i expect to receive a decision? 😕 

8 minutes ago, MGJ_NY said:

Hi Fam! 

After a few days of getting the interview cancellation, I got another online update that my case has been scheduled for interview but I didn’t receive any notice in the mail for all the updates. My lawyer is not responding to me at all. How do I get a copy of the notice and ask for a change of address? If i do it online i know it might take awhile and I might miss my interview. Help pls! @FeDaniela @Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj @TBoneTX 

Interview was Schedule today, The actual interview notice should arrived next week. 

9 minutes ago, Sk N said:

@FeDaniela so my i360 is in initial review since april of this month. How long can i expect to receive a decision? 😕 

it solely depends on the officer. 

8 minutes ago, MGJ_NY said:

Hi Fam! 

Hello dear, one sure way to get your interview notice is through your congressperson/senator. Senator Gillibrand got me my interview notice before my attorney even knew what time it was. Here’s wishing you speedy approval.😊👍

3 hours ago, anita21 said:

hello all, my congressman just sent me a response by uscis chicago. . the content was:

my i485 is under further review by an officer. 

please anyone ever have this response. i am nervous

pd sept 2019

vawa approved :june 2021

they are reviewing your i485 to either schedule interview or waive it, Wait for a letter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.