HMI

Filed AOS more than 30 days ago and no NOA1

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

2-3 months. 

The patience journey begins for you

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You read that right. Current timeframe per COVID

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

You can find your month’s filing group here and see what others are saying about NOA1 times. We got ours in like 5 weeks.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/131-adjustment-of-status-case-filing-and-progress-reports/

We received our NOA1 in 19 days, but a safe estimate would be the 3 weeks to 3 months time frame.  Timelines are all over the place.  We received text messages before we received the NOA1.

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to AOS Family K1/K3, from IMBRA~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
22 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

We received our NOA1 in 19 days, but a safe estimate would be the 3 weeks to 3 months time frame.  Timelines are all over the place.  We received text messages before we received the NOA1.

Ours took too three weeks. Some people I know are now taking a week. I guess you can just be patient...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 6/16/2021 at 10:41 AM, flicks1998 said:

We're about to send our AOS packet out today (I'll just look through it one more time and hopefully everything is okay) and something that's been on my mind is that I will be out of status after July 8th. I know that some people get married late during their 90 days and that some people don't even bother sending the AOS packet in until later on, but I've felt that I don't want to risk anything happening that would get me into trouble for being here out of status... 😶

With that said I've heard that after your 90 days are up you can carry a copy of your marriage certificate and AOS NOA1 with you together with your passport and that should be okay. But what do you do if getting the NOA1 is delayed? How do you prove that it's okay for you to be here if you'd ever end up in a situation like that? Not that I plan to do something weird, but couldn't it be something as simple as getting pulled over by the cops for some routine thing and they ask for ID and see in my passport that my K1 status has expired?

I realize that I'm probably overthinking here, but I've read a few horror stories here way back. Most likely it's extremely rare that something would go wrong, but I'd prefer not to risk anything... Any thoughts on this?

On 6/18/2021 at 4:03 AM, stuckonyou said:

what do you do if getting the NOA1 is delayed? How do you prove that it's okay for you to be here if you'd ever end up in a situation like that?

You keep a low profile and hope you don't get in a sticky situation like that.  I know that's not reassuring but you really have no proof until you get the NOA1.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 6/19/2021 at 1:36 AM, Chancy said:

You keep a low profile and hope you don't get in a sticky situation like that.  I know that's not reassuring but you really have no proof until you get the NOA1.

If I were to get an email or a text that they have received my application before I get the NOA1, could that be used until I actually get the physical NOA1?

But so far it was only delivered to USCIS yesterday, so I guess I have to be patient to get anything at all in any shape or form... 👀

18 hours ago, stuckonyou said:

If I were to get an email or a text that they have received my application before I get the NOA1, could that be used until I actually get the physical NOA1?

Maybe, but no one yet has reported here on VJ about being asked for immigration papers by law enforcement and checking if the text notification works just as well as the actual NOA1 letter as proof that they are authorized to stay.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.