michwood59

Legal fees for i130 application

41 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Question? When my wife’s siblings file the F4 visa application, they are requesting birth certificates and marriage certificates blah blah blah. Do they need to provide copies of all these documents or do they need to be originals?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
1 hour ago, michwood59 said:

Question? When my wife’s siblings file the F4 visa application, they are requesting birth certificates and marriage certificates blah blah blah. Do they need to provide copies of all these documents or do they need to be originals?

Copies when mailing along with petition/application. Bring originals with you to the interview.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife’s siblings are getting documents ready for the F4 visa application. One of the documents needed is the “affidavit of support from the 

petioner” and “ civil documents” What do they mean by these documents? Can anyone be specific as to what the siblings need to get by this? I’m trying to help them understand what they need. 

11 minutes ago, michwood59 said:

My wife’s siblings are getting documents ready for the F4 visa application. One of the documents needed is the “affidavit of support from the petioner” and “ civil documents”

Since your wife only recently filed the I-130 petitions, it is too soon for her siblings to be preparing for visa application.  It would take around 20 years or so before they will be eligible to apply.  No one knows what the actual F4 visa requirements will be at that time, or even whether F4 will still be a visa category by then.  But, if the affidavit of support is still applicable, the income requirement for financial sponsorship will definitely be much different in 20 years.

What her siblings can do now is to check if their civil documents need any correction.  For example, do their names or their parents' names have any misspelling on their birth certificates?  If so, correct them asap.  The PSA website has the procedure for registering corrections.  Are any of the birth certificates late-registered?  If so, they would need to prepare supporting evidence like baptismal records and school records (DepEd Form 137).  It's better to have those documents anyway, regardless of any visa application.

53 minutes ago, michwood59 said:

My wife’s siblings are getting documents ready for the F4 visa application. One of the documents needed is the “affidavit of support from the 

petioner” and “ civil documents” What do they mean by these documents? Can anyone be specific as to what the siblings need to get by this? I’m trying to help them understand what they need. 

You can find all the details of the process and documents needed here (go through all the pages) https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition.html

but as above there is no point doing it now when it is only needed in 20+ years time when a visa becomes available. The affidavit of support has to show current earnings at the time of the visa. Civil documents will change depending on marriage, divorce, children born;  and police certificates will need to be current. It’s totally pointless getting anything now.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello michwood59,

It took 24 years of waiting for my cousins  F4  to be current. And due to this Covid they waited one year to date for their visa interview appointment. Let her apply anyways, It is that long of a wait, but who knows that in this administration immigration law will change. Goodluck, NG

*** One hijacking post removed.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.