J&D1008

JUNE 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

636 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Pranav469 said:

Hi everyone, I submitted my case first week of June and got a response (NOA1) on June 16. They received the documents June 9th. Been waiting since then but haven’t heard anything. Anybody in June get a reply yet or is it really random? I’ve seen the May post getting some replies so I was hoping this month has been seeing some responses as well.

This whole process is really frustrating and the waiting game is absolutely torture. 

Please update your timeline. This process calls for a lot of patience. They are currently working on March filers. Give or take another 2-3 months before they reach June. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
On 12/26/2021 at 9:52 PM, Pranav469 said:

Hi everyone, I submitted my case first week of June and got a response (NOA1) on June 16. They received the documents June 9th. Been waiting since then but haven’t heard anything. Anybody in June get a reply yet or is it really random? I’ve seen the May post getting some replies so I was hoping this month has been seeing some responses as well.

This whole process is really frustrating and the waiting game is absolutely torture. 

I am on the same boat. I received my NOA1 June 10th and still waiting and hoping for an earlier NOA2 rather than later. 

This waiting process is getting harder and harder 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Flora88 said:

I am on the same boat. I received my NOA1 June 10th and still waiting and hoping for an earlier NOA2 rather than later. 

This waiting process is getting harder and harder 

I know this process calls for lots of patience. I would say about another 2-3 months before june is touched 

Timeline
2 hours ago, J&D1008 said:

I know this process calls for lots of patience. I would say about another 2-3 months before june is touched 

Oh my still have that long to wait. When I started the process I was told by my lawyer that it would take less time than what it is actually taking presently.  
Well what can we do it is not in our hands. Just have to sit and wait 

Thanks for the update

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Flora88 said:

Oh my still have that long to wait. When I started the process I was told by my lawyer that it would take less time than what it is actually taking presently.  
Well what can we do it is not in our hands. Just have to sit and wait 

Thanks for the update

Unless your attorney is a VJ member, he's likely only going by what USCIS is officially saying and doesn't actually know the current state of things :) When I first filed way back when, the online 'gurus' were all saying that processing should speed up dramatically thanks to politics and the backlog clearing. Unfortunately, nobody has a crystal ball, but it was already evident at that time that USCIS' estimate of 6-8 months for I-129F was incorrect. Only now did it get super bad, with it being more like 10-12, but I digress. It's been slow, likely, because of the holidays, but always feel free to check out the earlier filer threads to see where they're currently at :) Today was a "big" week for those with WAC numbers beginning with 600xxx.

Edited by slavaskii

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
On 12/27/2021 at 12:52 AM, Pranav469 said:

They are still working first week of march...

Timeline
1 hour ago, dahianaly1 said:

They are still working first week of march...

But on this site when you go to the processing system. It indicates that they are on March 24 and when you go to the approved I-129 there are several from March approved until the med to end of March. There is just so much different information that is out there. Some places are saying that they are working on February, some places beginning of March and some places end of March beginning April. So I am just confused and just becoming very impatient , I don't mean to come off rude. This wait is starting to get to me. And with the holidays even more depressed that I had to spend it without my fiancé. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Flora88 said:

But on this site when you go to the processing system. It indicates that they are on March 24 and when you go to the approved I-129 there are several from March approved until the med to end of March. There is just so much different information that is out there. Some places are saying that they are working on February, some places beginning of March and some places end of March beginning April. So I am just confused and just becoming very impatient , I don't mean to come off rude. This wait is starting to get to me. And with the holidays even more depressed that I had to spend it without my fiancé. 

Check yourself using Case tracker app, it allows to you to do searches for 500 wac numbers each time. They have been working in 57XXX to 60XXX Noa1 cases during december, that's the only fact. Just random approvals from late march but majority is just for first week of march so yeah, we have to be patient.

This is a worksheet that march filers made: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lAwW6yWDnqV4C7D9ZC0hYurgg1DCPeMMacoXHD6LTHM/edit?fbclid=IwAR35_PLq_zy2dFfsaE_QSOWZJr0OJ4_g0WugFpOcdp-ij5FsJ6VUpuoYc5w#gid=0

Edited by dahianaly1

Timeline
1 minute ago, dahianaly1 said:

Check yourself using Case tracker app, it allows to you to do searches for 500 wac numbers each time. They have been working in 57XXX to 60XXX Noa1 cases during december, that's the only fact. Just random approvals from late march but majority is just for first week of march so yeah, we have to be patient.

This is a worksheet that march filers made: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lAwW6yWDnqV4C7D9ZC0hYurgg1DCPeMMacoXHD6LTHM/edit?fbclid=IwAR35_PLq_zy2dFfsaE_QSOWZJr0OJ4_g0WugFpOcdp-ij5FsJ6VUpuoYc5w#gid=0

thank you so much. 

I actually do have that app  I will check again 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Flora88 said:

thank you so much. 

I actually do have that app  I will check again 

My NOA 1 is June 21st, just I'm just getting the idea that I'll have an answer for April or May so I don't get impatient or let this hurt my relationship. Best of luck for you too!

Timeline
Just now, dahianaly1 said:

My NOA 1 is June 21st, just I'm just getting the idea that I'll have an answer for April or May so I don't get impatient or let this hurt my relationship. Best of luck for you too!

Yeah I am June 10th. I was hoping with the 6-8 months to hopefully hear back until February, but it doesn't seem like that is a possibility. 

Yeah sometimes giving yourself a longer waiting time helps a bit that your expectations are not too high so that if you get an answer earlier than even better. Sadly this is out of our control

Best of luck to you as well. 

Question, I was thinking. Does the embassy where the beneficiary is coming from make a difference in the time of approval for the NOA2. Because there are places where is it backlogged. There are people who have been waiting for over a year just to get interviews due to the backlog. Maybe the USCIS might just skim through and process the applications where the embassy's are not backlogged and clear those off and than slowly go through the ones that are backlogged to not overload the embassy's paper work either. 

Is that a possibility? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Flora88 said:

Yeah I am June 10th. I was hoping with the 6-8 months to hopefully hear back until February, but it doesn't seem like that is a possibility. 

Yeah sometimes giving yourself a longer waiting time helps a bit that your expectations are not too high so that if you get an answer earlier than even better. Sadly this is out of our control

Best of luck to you as well. 

Question, I was thinking. Does the embassy where the beneficiary is coming from make a difference in the time of approval for the NOA2. Because there are places where is it backlogged. There are people who have been waiting for over a year just to get interviews due to the backlog. Maybe the USCIS might just skim through and process the applications where the embassy's are not backlogged and clear those off and than slowly go through the ones that are backlogged to not overload the embassy's paper work either. 

Is that a possibility? 

As far as i know, they do not work like that. There are petitions from the Philippines, Nigeria etc still being worked (approved/denied, RFE), so country does not matter to USCIS. It matters when you get to the NVC and whether your petition will be forwarded or held until an interview is ready. Also, the reason there are many different timelines to what date USCIS is up too is because they work randomly. We have seen a small amount of April 2021 filer petitions (about 150 or less) be reviewed when they were still working on December 2020 filers. The processing time on the website always fluctuates. After January there seemed to be a big slowdown as to how many cases they processed. Some speculate that since it happened around september, the vaccine mandate played a role and then holiday vacations as well. I was approved in 7 months and still waiting for an interview slot. So this process very frustrating but calls for patience. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, J&D1008 said:

As far as i know, they do not work like that. There are petitions from the Philippines, Nigeria etc still being worked (approved/denied, RFE), so country does not matter to USCIS. It matters when you get to the NVC and whether your petition will be forwarded or held until an interview is ready. Also, the reason there are many different timelines to what date USCIS is up too is because they work randomly. We have seen a small amount of April 2021 filer petitions (about 150 or less) be reviewed when they were still working on December 2020 filers. The processing time on the website always fluctuates. After January there seemed to be a big slowdown as to how many cases they processed. Some speculate that since it happened around september, the vaccine mandate played a role and then holiday vacations as well. I was approved in 7 months and still waiting for an interview slot. So this process very frustrating but calls for patience. 

Thank you for explaining that to me. 

Hopefully you get an interview day soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone! 

I know we are still at least a couple of months away from receiving approvals, but I created a chart for June. I started it but it's incomplete. If anyone wants to help complete the chart, please let me know and I'll share it with you. Work will get super busy for me starting next week, so I would really like to pass this off to someone else to update. I was hesitant to share it because it's incomplete and I won't be able to update it, but at least it's a start. I also believe that it will be helpful and useful for other June filers. 

Here's the link to view the chart: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hUb8mdiE2N7peEHhU5aUN0r4GXNFBcm5hGHjbGIYr6Q/edit?usp=sharing

I don’t understand how the California service center can be the only one taking so long. When I applied back in June the time frame was 6-8 months and now it’s gone up to 7-9.5 months. If they have such a large case load, they should get more staff to handle the volume. This is just common sense business practice. Surely the USCIS realizes they have this large backlog. People waiting to be with their loved ones. I can’t even imagine how long the Mumbai center will take if this part is taking so long.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.