therek

K1 visa appointment. (SPAIN)

18 posts in this topic

You just wait. Multiple things can affect the time. Obviously the time it takes for it to be reviewed. The embassy may or may not be open, or may or may not have sufficient staff to process everything as efficiently as pre-covid. It is just a waiting game and you will get a message through email or the physical mail that they have received documents and will have instructions in what may be required, if an appointment is possible, and anything else. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, BigBen17 said:

The embassy may or may not be open, or may or may not have sufficient staff 

Why would they be requesting NVC send them files if they weren't open?

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

I'd say start preparing the docs - birth certificate, police certificate(s), financials, proof of relationships, wedding plans, learn about medical exam, how you (or your fiance) will go there, are the vaccines and/or medical record fine? You can start with DS-160 as well. Start preparing the folders for the docs etc. 

I love to be prepared and organized, and this is what I have been doing since our case got to the NVC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
6 hours ago, therek said:

Hi everyone i need an anwser please. Our case was sent already from the NVC to the embassy in Spain. Whats the next step I Should do? Just wait for my package or they will contact me via email? Thanks. 

The embassy just started processing K1 again. Nothe the backlog is over a year. Next step is wait until the embassy contact you via email sending you packet 3 with more info and next steps. But again, you are looking at a year backlog on K1 and other visas, so it might be long wait.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Carlos&Gen said:

The embassy just started processing K1 again. Nothe the backlog is over a year. Next step is wait until the embassy contact you via email sending you packet 3 with more info and next steps. But again, you are looking at a year backlog on K1 and other visas, so it might be long wait.

Might actually be a short wait considering there petition has been at NVC for almost a year 

YMMV

Timeline
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Might actually be a short wait considering there petition has been at NVC for almost a year 

I don't think so, mine was sent to the embassy back in December when they were closed. But you don't know!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Carlos&Gen said:

I don't think so, mine was sent to the embassy back in December when they were closed. But you don't know!

And according to your timeline,  you interviewed 3 months later, during a time where you say they were "closed." 

I am quite certain the consulate would not request petitions if the plan was only to "sit" on them.

YMMV

Timeline
4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

And according to your timeline,  you interviewed 3 months later, during a time where you say they were "closed." 

I am quite certain the consulate would not request petitions if the plan was only to "sit" on them.

I'm a Milligan plaintiff, only reason I got my appointment. My case as well as many other I'm aware of were sent to the embassy just to sit there, even before suing or becoming a named plaintiff.

The US consulate in Madrid has been requesting cases for a long time now, but just recently started working with K1s. That's why it might be a long wait, maybe not. In any case the OP here got a NOA 2 quite early after the lockdown and embay closure, that should definitely help!

Edited by Carlos&Gen

Timeline
4 minutes ago, therek said:

Thanks everyone, how does the embassy know my mail?  ( I haven’t gave it to them)

Yes don't worry, all your contact info is on your file, now being fowarded to the consulate!

8 hours ago, payxibka said:

Why would they be requesting NVC send them files if they weren't open?

They may not be fully open to the public. Every country is different. While there are people working inside doing other things. Certain things may be inaccessible to the public and/or some programs may be running on limited staff. While the consulate in Australia was open they were not doing non-immigrant visas (K1 included). When my Fiance finally got the notice she had to schedule nearly 1.5 months ahead of time (she was not able to schedule immediately roughly 2months after) and even the security officer said that the line is usually to the end of the block, but as of right now there were barely 7 people. As the pandemic changes everything on a daily basis different things are going to happen. Nonetheless there is still a job to do. Having everything ready for when they are ready is important to make things efficient. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

criminal reports would depend on if you need one from another country that you lived in or were born in

as for Spain,  don't get these until asked for them

but your USC fiancee can ask for the IRS transcripts for 2020 taxes to send to you so you are ready with them    /  this is taking a long time to get so have her start now by applying for them online (or in person if her local office is open)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 hours ago, therek said:

Hi everyone i need an anwser please. Our case was sent already from the NVC to the embassy in Spain. Whats the next step I Should do? Just wait for my package or they will contact me via email? Thanks. 

You will just have to wait.  I will say when my wife's package finally got to the consulate in Rio, we didnt hear from them for 4 months.  Finally. We emailed them and then they finally contacted us with instructions.  Hopefully it's less wait for you. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi @therek! We actually just got our packet 3 from the embassy in Madrid today, so thought I'd pop in and reply here. :)
First off, we received it by email -- it specifically was e-mailed to me (the US citizen) instead of my fiancé for some reason, so make sure you're both on the lookout! The email will be arriving from "ivmadrid", so make sure it doesn't go to your spam or something. 

In the meantime, I 100% agree with the advice given by @JulijaKC ! Here's a basic list of what the embassy said you'll need to mail them for step 1 of packet 3, so I'd start getting that together while you wait (they'll have more details in the packet):
1. DS-160 (this is done online, we finished ours before we even got the packet)
2. Copy of biographic page of Passport
3. Birth Certificate (original and one copy)
4. Divorce and Death Certificates (original and one copy) (if applicable)
5. Police Certificates (original) -- from all countries the foreign fiancé has resided in for 6 months or more since the age of 16 -- the Spanish one is the "Certificado de Antecedentes Penales" - it says the current residence one must be no older than 1 year; we've gotten/are getting new ones for each country just to be safe
6. Court and Prison Records (original and one copy) (if applicable)
7. Military Records (original and one copy) (if applicable)
8. One photograph (a passport photo)

9. Evidence of Financial Support (I-134 form and associated things -- there are forums with more details about this on here ;) )
10. Translations (original and copy) -- they say here that you only need translations of any documents that aren't in English or Spanish, but we're going to get the Spanish documents translated into English just in case

Then you take all of that and mail it to them by physical mail. Afterwards, they say they'll contact you to let you know you can schedule an interview appointment. Then you pay the application fee, schedule your interview, and schedule and do your medical. They also tell you what docs to bring to your interview.

Yea, so in short, hold tight, wait for the e-mail, and get those docs mentioned above prepped. Feel free to message me if I can help with any questions and good luck! :D❤️ 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.