J&D1008

May 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

855 posts in this topic

NOA1 receipt date 24th May 2021, 

"The earliest you can submit questions is August 16, 2022"

Feels like they are just putting this date further and further back. 

Would anybody be able to explain something to me, that's been worrying me? 

If when my case is finally processed (NOA1 already received, I'm referring to the next step) - if it's declined or additional information is required (such as them asking about something on the form for example) what exactly is the process? And how long should I expect it to take? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, jp1000 said:

NOA1 receipt date 24th May 2021, 

"The earliest you can submit questions is August 16, 2022"

Feels like they are just putting this date further and further back. 

3 hours ago, jp1000 said:

Would anybody be able to explain something to me, that's been worrying me? 

If when my case is finally processed (NOA1 already received, I'm referring to the next step) - if it's declined or additional information is required (such as them asking about something on the form for example) what exactly is the process? And how long should I expect it to take? 

Only about 15% of May 2021 cases have been processed so far, so don't worry too much! :) If you get an RFE (request for evidence) they will update your status to say that they mailed you a request for additional evidence. This letter will explain what you need to send and have a deadline in it.  Once you supply the additional information it will be about 3-4 weeks to get the NOA2.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
10 June end of day (I believe these are the final numbers unless few rfe come in as its Friday afternoon)

20 rfe
2 rfe received
1 notice
40 approvals
1 appeal dismissed

✈️ Certified Travel Professional / Owner of two travel companies (Greece & USA) - Contact me for any travel related questions or Join my Travel Hub Info Group

March 2020 - Met / Started dating LDR

October 2020 - Met in person

December 2020 - Decided to get engaged/married
May 2021 - K1 filed

December 2021 - Travelled to the states on ESTA

June 2022 - K1 approval

September 2022 - NVC case number

October 2022 - Case sent to the embassy

November 2022 - Postponed interview for 1 year - Couldn't leave country yet due to work obligations

November 2022 - Travelled to the states on ESTA - 2nd time

September 2023 - Resumed case / took medical

October 2023 - Embessy interview - Approved

December 2023 - Arrived at the states

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

March 2024 - Biometrics 

May 2024 - EAD - AP Combo Card Approved

end of day updates for May:

81500: 7 Approvals, 9 RFESs (13 new / 3 in progress)

82500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
83000: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
83500: 6 Approvals (6 new / 0 in progress)
84000: 7 Approvals, 6 RFESs (11 new / 2 in progress)
84500: 10 Approvals, 2 RFESs, 1 Other (Appeal Was Dismissed) (12 new / 1 in progress)
85000: 5 Approvals, 1 RFES, 1 Other (Notice Explaining USCIS Actions Was Mailed) (5 new / 2 in progress)
85500: 2 Approvals, 5 RFESs (6 new / 1 in progress)
86000: 1 RFES (1 new / 0 in progress)
88000: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
06/10/22: 50 Total Updates: 33 Approvals, 15 RFESs, 2 Others (Appeal Was Dismissed, Notice Explaining USCIS Actions Was Mailed)

66 total updates including 81500.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Does anyone know if there are less cases to go through in June/July/august compared to how many there were in March and April? I’m tryna give myself some hope that it won’t stay at a 13 month wait 😅

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Rosalea said:

Does anyone know if there are less cases to go through in June/July/august compared to how many there were in March and April? I’m tryna give myself some hope that it won’t stay at a 13 month wait 😅

June is huge. There are about 3100 cases still pending. It used to be about 3500-3700 total.

Timeline
Just now, Mbfernandes said:

June is huge. There are about 3100 cases still pending. It used to be about 3500-3700 total.

HURRR what about July and august? It better not go up from 13 months!!!!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Rosalea said:

HURRR what about July and august? It better not go up from 13 months!!!!

Keep in mind it's more about how efficient they are than the amount of cases per month. Historically every month receives about 2k-3k K1 cases and USCIS used to process them in about 6 months. They've been keeping up a better pace since last month.

*Correction, all three months mentioned are huge, being August the biggest (4k cases).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15hiSOTm85W1CG6c0jzQ8B7lXLo1JEwsWKr3zIszC2Zg/edit?usp=sharing

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mbfernandes said:

Keep in mind it's more about how efficient they are than the amount of cases per month. Historically every month receives about 2k-3k K1 cases and USCIS used to process them in about 6 months. They've been keeping up a better pace since last month.

*Correction, all three months mentioned are huge, being August the biggest (4k cases).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15hiSOTm85W1CG6c0jzQ8B7lXLo1JEwsWKr3zIszC2Zg/edit?usp=sharing

Well that’s good. Aren’t they only doing like 50-60 a day rn though? So won’t it take them 2 months to do each month at that speed? I know no one can really know what will happen but I’m just trying to gauge what the trend is rn and if things are going faster or at the same 13-month wait.

Timeline
Just now, Rosalea said:

Well that’s good. Aren’t they only doing like 50-60 a day rn though? So won’t it take them 2 months to do each month at that speed? I know no one can really know what will happen but I’m just trying to gauge what the trend is rn and if things are going faster or at the same 13-month wait.

No, it's about 120-140 per day.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Mbfernandes said:

No, it's about 120-140 per day.

Oh! Ok jokes that’s way better than what I thought. I guess my core question here is, do you guys thing the wait time will increase? I’m not necessarily hoping it’ll go down, but just that it won’t go up 😅

Timeline
1 minute ago, Rosalea said:

Oh! Ok jokes that’s way better than what I thought. I guess my core question here is, do you guys thing the wait time will increase? I’m not necessarily hoping it’ll go down, but just that it won’t go up 😅

If this pace is maintained, the 13 months timeline is kept. Which, honestly, is good news, as it's been only increasing since last year. For the first time, since they started to work on April 2021 cases, things have been improving. This Monday they've processed about 220 cases, which was unbelievable. I can only see the waiting times getting shorter if they did that everyday. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.