FJinSD

Case FINALLY received - but processed @USCIS Harrisonburg Storage Center?

13 posts in this topic

I am an American citizen petitioning on behalf of my alien spouse/stepdaughter. Despite the incompetence of RapidVisa having initially mailed it to the WRONG service center (as noted in an earlier thread) - my I-130 is FINALLY being processed.  The USPS showed that it was delivered to that incorrect facility (Dallas vs Phoenix) on the 29th of March, 2021.
Strangely enough - yesterday (Sunday) evening (April 18, 2021) - I received not one but FOUR text messages (identical) saying that my case was received.  I was given a receipt number.
I used the USCIS mobile app and logged in then added the receipt number.  The app says it was received on the 29th of March and that I was mailed a receipt notice or acceptance notice.  Yesterday was the 18th and no notice received - but as I understand that is not unusual and could take up to 30 days.  So far - so good.  Furthermore - the app notice states:  "It is being processed at our Nebraska Service Center Location".

Here is where it gets confusing - almost simultaneously I received FOUR identical emails.  These state "Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS Harrisonburg Storage Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number IOEXXXXXXXXXX"
I know it may be asking a lot - but could anyone design a more confusing system of communicating?  I think not...
In any case - I am hoping for two outcomes.  1) That someone out there can decipher this for me (i.e., which of these two messages likely reflect the real location in real time?) and 2) That someone else who receives similar information can understand that it is either usual or unusual as the facts may eventually show.
Thanks for any pertinent info.

Just now, JeanneAdil said:

IOE would mean electronic filing 

and Nebraska handles spouse visas 

Thank you for the reply - but I filed using a third party service and it was mailed in (not electronically filed). From what I've gathered since posting - they're converting all petitions to digital and it may simply be that this process is done in Harrisonburg.  That's why I appreciate these forums - LOTS of experience here.  FWIW - I'll create a timeline when I have more info re: have received actual I-797. Cheers.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
41 minutes ago, FJinSD said:

Thank you for the reply - but I filed using a third party service and it was mailed in (not electronically filed). From what I've gathered since posting - they're converting all petitions to digital and it may simply be that this process is done in Harrisonburg.  That's why I appreciate these forums - LOTS of experience here.  FWIW - I'll create a timeline when I have more info re: have received actual I-797. Cheers.

Did your third party service file it or did you file it because it looks like it got re-filed electronically

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

Did your third party service file it or did you file it because it looks like it got re-filed electronically

IOE is also for paper filing of spouse visas.

We mailed ours in Feb 2020 and our case # was IOE.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

Got that, however, you filed a petition, not a “spouse visa”

Thanks for the heads up

You're welcome.  We all call it the spouse visa process.  The guide here on VJ is for how to file for spouse visa, not how to file for spouse petition.

Is it even possible to file a paper DS-260?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
9 minutes ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

You're welcome.  We all call it the spouse visa process.  The guide here on VJ is for how to file for spouse visa, not how to file for spouse petition.

Is it even possible to file a paper DS-260?

Visa process, and "visa" are not the same thing.  You filed a petition to start a visa process.  Correct terminology is very important, particularly when communicating with beginners.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Several posts -- not containing incorrect information at all -- have been removed for being off the OP's topic.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
12 hours ago, FJinSD said:

IOE only means that the form is available for online filing, it doesn't matter if you actually file online or not, you still get the IOE.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.