Soccer.Player

N400 interview decision pending tracker

408 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Congratulations @LAN400!!! Very happy to hear you finally got an update 😃

And many THANKS for taking the time to write down your experience and tips to get through the process.  I totally agree with you, we are like a big family here and I also truly appreciate all the help that comes through this site. 

Let us know when your oath ceremony happens!

So I've been around here for a while, and my journey finally came to an end today after a 26 month wait!

This was my complete timeline from filing I-751 to completing the oath:

- Sep 2018: Filed I-751
- Jun 2019: Filed N-400
- Feb 2020: N-400 Interview (Passed tests, but unable to make a decision as I-751 had not been approved)
- Mar 2020: I-751 Approved
- May 2021: Filed AR-11 (But didn't receive a confirmation)
- Jun 2021: Filed second AR-11
- Jun 2021: N-400 Approved (on the same day that they processed the second AR-11)
- Jul 2021: Oath scheduled in the old state, then cancelled
- Aug 2021: Oath scheduled in the new state
- Aug 2021: Oath ceremony completed

In the nearly 1.5 year long wait between the interview and approval I did all the usual things, contacted senators, representatives, Ombudsman, sent emails, sent case enquiries, added additional evidence online. My experience of these is that nothing made any difference. Every single response was a generic note that makes me think they didn't even look at my case.

What finally got the approval over the line was when I moved to a new state, so my case would have been transferred to a new field office. If I hadn't moved, I could well have still been waiting now.

I'll never know the reason for the crazy long delay, but I have two possible theories:

1. I had provided a LOT of evidence for the I-751. At the interview, the Officer didn't have the file, but she could see the number of pages on her system, and said something to the effect of "Jeez, how many pages... this is going to take a while". I've since read that the Officer maybe responsible for scanning in the I-751 in a combo interview, so it's possible mine just went to the bottom of her pile because it was going to be annoying/time consuming to scan all my documents in.

2. My file just got lost in the Officers office. She had a lot of files stacked up around the place, and maybe my filing the AR-11 forced someone to go find my file.

Whatever the cause was, I hope my experience helps others in the same situation in future.

Advice I'd give other people in a similar situation:

- Try not to stress about it. You can drive yourself crazy obsessing about it. Sit back, and try to relax. I drove myself crazy in the early days, but after 10 months or so of waiting I just kind of accepted that it would be done when it was done, and my anxiety levels got a whole lot better.

- Make sure you have accounts setup in both the old and new system, and check them both regularly (some information is only posted in the old, and some only in the new), and set both up to alert you on text and email.

- Moving states seemed to be what finally sorted mine. It's extreme but if you're really at your wits end, it might be the answer!

That's all I can think of at the moment. Good luck to everyone still on the journey, and I'll check back on the forum occasionally to help out where I can.

Timeline

Congratulations @bing10, was about time 🙂

So, from the original list, I can see 3 of you have already got decisions made.  The rest, we are still waiting, but with more hope after reading the different stories.

Maybe we can ask @Soccer.Player to update the list, to include the new ones that came later and to reflect the decision dates for those who got them.

Hello everyone, please see my signature for timeline...

My husband had his n-400 interview August 26th. We arrived at Federal Plaza NYC at 10:30 for his 10:55 appointment, they told us to come back 10 minutes later as you can't arrive move than 15 minutes before. We got to room 8-100 and the security guard told me I cannot go inside with him, only the petitioner is allowed in. So I sat in the park across from Federal Plaza for FOUR HOURS. They took him in the room at 2:15 and he was out by 2:45.

He passed the civics test with flying colors. We put together a humongous binder with copies of everything we have together, utilities, lease, insurance, 401K, bank statements, 150 photos from 2017-2021, wedding album etc. He didn't ask for ANY documentation, literally not even one document. However, we didn't include my W2's (even though he had tax returns for the last 3 years) and his *first* 2 year greencard (he only took his 10 year gc with him). The officer said he needs to come back on Tuesday (today) 8AM, to deliver the remaining documents. My husband went there this morning, hand delivered the documents to the officer, was in and out in less than 5 minutes. The officer then called his cell when my husband got in the car asking about my W2's, my company is HQ'd in Washington DC however my office is in NYC so he wanted to clarify why the W2 had Washington DC- so my husband explained why and then the officer said ok no problem thank you for the explanation "we will mail you a notice with the decision"....

And the wait begins.. I'm so bummed out- i thought this would all be behind us but unfortunately we have to wait and see what they decide. I don't foresee them not approving his application, can anyone think of a reason? I would assume the officer would let him know if there were any issues, right? 

n-400 Timeline (husband) filed under 3 year marriage rule

(day 1) Submitted application & payment online (online ETA October 2021) 10/23/2020

(day 5) Text update that NOA was mailed 10/28/2020

(day 113) Biometric reuse letter mailed 2/12/2021

(day 279) Text saying there is an update to our cases, interview scheduled for August 26, 2021 7/29/2021

(day 322) Oath ceremony will be scheduled 9/10/2021

(day 327) Oath ceremony scheduled for Oct 1st 9/14/2021

(day 343) Oath ceremony complete & certificate received! Applied for US passport same day. 10/1/2021 

Timeline
On 8/31/2021 at 8:14 AM, Paulinadeb88 said:

Hello everyone, please see my signature for timeline...

My husband had his n-400 interview August 26th. We arrived at Federal Plaza NYC at 10:30 for his 10:55 appointment, they told us to come back 10 minutes later as you can't arrive move than 15 minutes before. We got to room 8-100 and the security guard told me I cannot go inside with him, only the petitioner is allowed in. So I sat in the park across from Federal Plaza for FOUR HOURS. They took him in the room at 2:15 and he was out by 2:45.

He passed the civics test with flying colors. We put together a humongous binder with copies of everything we have together, utilities, lease, insurance, 401K, bank statements, 150 photos from 2017-2021, wedding album etc. He didn't ask for ANY documentation, literally not even one document. However, we didn't include my W2's (even though he had tax returns for the last 3 years) and his *first* 2 year greencard (he only took his 10 year gc with him). The officer said he needs to come back on Tuesday (today) 8AM, to deliver the remaining documents. My husband went there this morning, hand delivered the documents to the officer, was in and out in less than 5 minutes. The officer then called his cell when my husband got in the car asking about my W2's, my company is HQ'd in Washington DC however my office is in NYC so he wanted to clarify why the W2 had Washington DC- so my husband explained why and then the officer said ok no problem thank you for the explanation "we will mail you a notice with the decision"....

And the wait begins.. I'm so bummed out- i thought this would all be behind us but unfortunately we have to wait and see what they decide. I don't foresee them not approving his application, can anyone think of a reason? I would assume the officer would let him know if there were any issues, right? 

It is weird that they asked about the W2 forms, but not surprising.  It is still early though, you might get an update soon, the majority of these cases resolve in a couple of weeks. If not, then you will join this group unfortunately.  It seems USCIS is looking for excuses to lengthen the process sometimes...

On 9/2/2021 at 7:15 PM, Coco&Kitten said:

It is weird that they asked about the W2 forms, but not surprising.  It is still early though, you might get an update soon, the majority of these cases resolve in a couple of weeks. If not, then you will join this group unfortunately.  It seems USCIS is looking for excuses to lengthen the process sometimes...

Agreed, nothing with USCIS is easy especially the last few years. Fingers crossed we all get an update soon!

(day 1) Submitted application & payment online (online ETA October 2021) 10/23/2020

(day 279) Text saying there is an update to our cases, interview scheduled for August 26, 2021 7/29/2021

(day 343) Oath ceremony complete & certificate received! Applied for US passport same day. 10/1/2021 

Quick update- we got a text message on Sept 10th that there has been an update to our case- "Oath ceremony will be scheduled!" Hope this is the end!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I would like to share my story. 
On Sep 17 2021, I was on my citizenship interview. Everything was fine, I was asked all questions from N-400, the IO was formal and official. After I answered all questions, I signed a few docs and signed Pledge of Allegiance. And after all this, IO asked for my taxes, if I have with me. I gave it (last 5 years), IO said, we will review it and will send you written decision about your application. 

I don’t own and debt and I don’t have any problems with my taxes. So I think that I should be fine. On your experience how long it might take to review them my taxes? When is the best way to start reaching USICS about my application? 

Thanks!

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

i sent message to uscis through online system for update and i got this update.but i did not got any RFE notice by mail or in my uscis account.

Thank you for your inquiry dated September 12, 2021.

Requesting information about your N-400, Application for Naturalization:
USCIS records indicate that we are awaiting your response to our Request for Evidence (RFE) on this case. Your case is currently in suspense or on hold until we receive your response. 
If you have access to your USCIS online filing system account, we encourage you to upload your evidence electronically. Use the “View Case Details” link to access the Respond to RFE Button.
You may view and print a copy of your USCIS Request For Evidence (RFE) within your USCIS online filing system account. After you log in to your USCIS online filing system account, access the Home Tab to find the "Documents" field to view or print your official Request for Additional Evidence notice from USCIS.
If you do not have access to your USCIS online filing system account, you may mail your evidence to the service center that is processing your case. Be sure to include your name, A-number, and IOE receipt number on every document that you submit, and include a copy of the RFE. You may mail your evidence to the PO Box return address listed in the upper right hand corner of the RFE.
We encourage you to respond to the RFE notice by the response deadline. Regulations do not provide for an extension of time to respond to our notice. Failure to respond to the RFE by the response deadline may result in the denial of your application.
Please note that extended absences outside of the United States may affect your ability to naturalize. USCIS policy requires that an applicant for naturalization must have resided continuously in the United States up to the time of naturalization. For more information on the Continuous Residence requirement, click here.
For general information about what to expect during the naturalization process, please visit our website at: my.uscis.gov/citizenship/what_to expect.
If you need more assistance with your USCIS online filing system account, please submit another inquiry to the USCIS Contact Center at my.uscis.gov/account/needhelp or log into your online account for specific case inquiries and contact us at my.uscis.gov/account/inbox.
If you move remember to update your address in the USCIS online filing system or contact the USCIS Contact Center at my.uscis.gov/account/needhelp or log into your online account for specific case inquiries and contact us at my.uscis.gov/account/inbox. You must also update your address using our online tool at uscis.gov/addresschange.
If you have any other questions, please visit the USCIS Contact Center.
If you haven’t done so already, visit myaccount.uscis.gov to sign up for a USCIS online account where you can explore filing online, send us secure messages through your account inbox and get instant updates on the status of your case.
If you move, you must update your address with USCIS within 10 days using our online tool at uscis.gov/addresschange, and in your USCIS Online Account.
This mailbox is not monitored for incoming messages. Please do not reply to this message.

Got ds 3032 :23 March 2010

Interview : 09-09-2010 Result :Administrative Processing

In december 2010 priority dates retrogessed and wait priority date current again in

MARCH 2012 2nd

Medical submit :07 March 2012 Result :Administrative Processing

3rd Medical submit :28th Feb 2013 Result Administrative Processing

4th Medical submit :26th Feb 2014 Result :Got email reply from embassy that they will call me for finger prints and oath ..and still waiting Got call for finger prints and oath

on 12th MAY Went for finger prints and oath :21th May Result :ApprovedVisa Issued :22.05.2014

visa Issued Today after 3 years 8 months and 13 days

Green Card fee paid : 05/06/2014

Poe :17/06/2014

Ssn Received :27-06-2014

Green Card Produced and Mailed :07/22/2014

Got 10 YEAR Green Card :25/07/2014

Citizenship

Event                                Date

Service Center :             Online

CIS Office :                     New York City NY

Date Filed :                     2019-12-21

NOA Date :                     2019-12-28

Bio. Appt. :                     2020-01-06

Interview Date :            2021-03-25

Approved :                     2021-11-03

Oath Ceremony :          2021-11-19

11 hours ago, Soccer.Player said:

Hi Everyone,

i sent message to uscis through online system for update and i got this update.but i did not got any RFE notice by mail or in my uscis account.

Thank you for your inquiry dated September 12, 2021.

USCIS records indicate that we are awaiting your response to our Request for Evidence (RFE) on this case. Your case is currently in suspense or on hold until we receive your response. 
If you have access to your USCIS online filing system account, we encourage you to upload your evidence electronically. Use the “View Case Details” link to access the Respond to RFE Button.
You may view and print a copy of your USCIS Request For Evidence (RFE) within your USCIS online filing system account. After you log in to your USCIS online filing system account, access the Home Tab to find the "Documents" field to view or print your official Request for Additional Evidence notice from USCIS.
If you do not have access to your USCIS online filing system account, you may mail your evidence to the service center that is processing your case. Be sure to include your name, A-number, and IOE receipt number on every document that you submit, and include a copy of the RFE. You may mail your evidence to the PO Box return address listed in the upper right hand corner of the RFE.
We encourage you to respond to the RFE notice by the response deadline. Regulations do not provide for an extension of time to respond to our notice. Failure to respond to the RFE by the response deadline may result in the denial of your application.
Please note that extended absences outside of the United States may affect your ability to naturalize. USCIS policy requires that an applicant for naturalization must have resided continuously in the United States up to the time of naturalization. For more information on the Continuous Residence requirement, click here.
For general information about what to expect during the naturalization process, please visit our website at: my.uscis.gov/citizenship/what_to expect.
If you need more assistance with your USCIS online filing system account, please submit another inquiry to the USCIS Contact Center at my.uscis.gov/account/needhelp or log into your online account for specific case inquiries and contact us at my.uscis.gov/account/inbox.
If you move remember to update your address in the USCIS online filing system or contact the USCIS Contact Center at my.uscis.gov/account/needhelp or log into your online account for specific case inquiries and contact us at my.uscis.gov/account/inbox. You must also update your address using our online tool at uscis.gov/addresschange.
If you have any other questions, please visit the USCIS Contact Center.
If you haven’t done so already, visit myaccount.uscis.gov to sign up for a USCIS online account where you can explore filing online, send us secure messages through your account inbox and get instant updates on the status of your case.
If you move, you must update your address with USCIS within 10 days using our online tool at uscis.gov/addresschange, and in your USCIS Online Account.
This mailbox is not monitored for incoming messages. Please do not reply to this message.

My experience of these case updates is that they are pretty meaningless, the person checking on your case probably glanced at your file and selected the wrong response.

If this was me though, I'd do another enquiry selecting the option for 'Did not receive notice by mail'. My guess is you'll get a response saying "nothing is outstanding at this time".

image.png.065e5baadc9d5b8b4fc1fb82ac316eaa.png

Timeline

I have been re-reading this entire thread.  So, any updates on the pending cases? @Soccer.Player(I know you got an RFE, did that get resolved?), @Neickers, @hxk, @oriana77, @anakai, @leonidas_alexan, @bunkx, @judefabulous, @robot11... not sure if I forgot anybody.

So, on my end, only one update: after 120 days I contacted my Senator.  They contacted my field office (in Denver) to inquiry about my case.  About 2-3 weeks later they received an answer from USCIS stating that my A-file remains locked at one of the Federal Records Center.  Apparently many centers are still closed because of COVID, so they can't retrieve those files for review, thus causing the delay.  Anybody else has heard of this?  to me it seems unbelievable that they cannot retrieve a file in a timely manner (4-5 months).  So, at this point I think I am stuck waiting.

I was curious if anyone else has made any progress.

4 minutes ago, Coco&Kitten said:

I have been re-reading this entire thread.  So, any updates on the pending cases? @Soccer.Player(I know you got an RFE, did that get resolved?), @Neickers, @hxk, @oriana77, @anakai, @leonidas_alexan, @bunkx, @judefabulous, @robot11... not sure if I forgot anybody.

So, on my end, only one update: after 120 days I contacted my Senator.  They contacted my field office (in Denver) to inquiry about my case.  About 2-3 weeks later they received an answer from USCIS stating that my A-file remains locked at one of the Federal Records Center.  Apparently many centers are still closed because of COVID, so they can't retrieve those files for review, thus causing the delay.  Anybody else has heard of this?  to me it seems unbelievable that they cannot retrieve a file in a timely manner (4-5 months).  So, at this point I think I am stuck waiting.

No updates from my side. I will be past 120 days this Friday. I plan to send a request to my Senator or Congressman/woman's office then.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 9/29/2021 at 3:17 PM, Coco&Kitten said:

Hi,

I sent another message from  inbox to uscis and got this reply back

Thank you for your inquiry dated September 21, 2021.

Our systems indicated that a Request for Evidence Notice was not issued to you.

After careful review of your inquiry, we determined that your issue will be best addressed by the USCIS office processing your case; therefore, we are forwarding your inquiry to the Brooklyn Field Office. The referral ID for this inquiry is ...... The Brooklyn Field Office will contact you concerning your case once they have reviewed your inquiry.

Got ds 3032 :23 March 2010

Interview : 09-09-2010 Result :Administrative Processing

In december 2010 priority dates retrogessed and wait priority date current again in

MARCH 2012 2nd

Medical submit :07 March 2012 Result :Administrative Processing

3rd Medical submit :28th Feb 2013 Result Administrative Processing

4th Medical submit :26th Feb 2014 Result :Got email reply from embassy that they will call me for finger prints and oath ..and still waiting Got call for finger prints and oath

on 12th MAY Went for finger prints and oath :21th May Result :ApprovedVisa Issued :22.05.2014

visa Issued Today after 3 years 8 months and 13 days

Green Card fee paid : 05/06/2014

Poe :17/06/2014

Ssn Received :27-06-2014

Green Card Produced and Mailed :07/22/2014

Got 10 YEAR Green Card :25/07/2014

Citizenship

Event                                Date

Service Center :             Online

CIS Office :                     New York City NY

Date Filed :                     2019-12-21

NOA Date :                     2019-12-28

Bio. Appt. :                     2020-01-06

Interview Date :            2021-03-25

Approved :                     2021-11-03

Oath Ceremony :          2021-11-19

On 10/2/2021 at 3:24 AM, Soccer.Player said:

After careful review of your inquiry, we determined that your issue will be best addressed by the USCIS office processing your case; therefore, we are forwarding your inquiry to the Brooklyn Field Office. The referral ID for this inquiry is ...... The Brooklyn Field Office will contact you concerning your case once they have reviewed your inquiry.

That's a good result. I was able to get some movement on my case when an enquiry was forwarded to the local office.

Make sure you keep checking the old system, as you'll see the enquiry they have made, entered on that.

Edited by bing10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.