Sarge2155

April 2021 - AOS Filers

186 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

We just mailed our packet today.  Hurray for the next wait.

@Sarge2155 - thanks for the thread / checklist!  I think you should move this part to the i-765 section of your OP, or mention it's a code for the i-765 (Page 3, Part 2, Item 27):

Be sure to use the correct filing code of (c)(9) if this code applies to you. The I-485 instructions explains all the codes in detail. If you are filing under a different code (other than (c)(9) the fee for your AOS will not be correct and USCIS will reject your entire packet.

That code is filled out in the i-765, not the i-485, unless I missed something completely obvious.

58 minutes ago, MJ&YY said:

We just mailed our packet today.  Hurray for the next wait.

@Sarge2155 - thanks for the thread / checklist!  I think you should move this part to the i-765 section of your OP, or mention it's a code for the i-765 (Page 3, Part 2, Item 27):

Be sure to use the correct filing code of (c)(9) if this code applies to you. The I-485 instructions explains all the codes in detail. If you are filing under a different code (other than (c)(9) the fee for your AOS will not be correct and USCIS will reject your entire packet.

That code is filled out in the i-765, not the i-485, unless I missed something completely obvious.

You are correct thank you! I'll have to do that if I make another thread next month as this topic  can not be edited now.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 4/9/2021 at 3:52 AM, Sarge2155 said:

Most folks just submit it for the I485, but I'll tell you what I did. Since each form is a stand alone on it's own and adjudicated  on it's own I to be safe prepared  documents for EACH form including the marriage license. Back when I filed people where getting RFEs for not having  a marriage license for the I765 and the I131, but that was then. I think most people now are submitting just for one form and not having any problems. Like I said to be safe that's what I did. You'll  have to use your best judgment on this.

In the instructions they say not to duplicate supporting documents.

Edited by Dæmogar

56 minutes ago, Dæmogar said:

In the instructions they say not to duplicate supporting documents.

I am just telling you that they used to RFE for it and what people did to counter it. Regardless of what instructions say. You do what's best for you! In your own timeline you talk about the more evidence the better! Why would you not try to help since your journey is done. That's very strange!!

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
4 hours ago, Dæmogar said:

For those who is curious, they are processing i-485 delivered on March 18-ish now. Lots of patience...

How you know what date are processing?

Timeline
3 hours ago, Diamda2005 said:

How you know what date are processing?

I got it from one of the members here on this thread for K-1's: "All that's needed is a fairly recent number. I used trial and error to find the latest one processed at the end of the day. The next day I started with that number and looked through the ones following and then found the last one assigned that day. The assigned numbers cover all kinds of things, not just I-129F. So, for example, about 182 WAC#s were assigned yesterday, but only a fraction of those were I-129Fs. There appear to be several people on the boards who are doing this for informational purposes - mostly to track which dates seem to be getting processed at any given time. Other people certainly know more about it than I do :)

I could figure it out only for California's center. If someone can do it for Vermont (number start with EAC), plz share. I am definitely interest in what dates are processing as EAC#.

Edited by Dæmogar

8 minutes ago, Dæmogar said:

I got it from one of the members here on this thread for K-1's: "All that's needed is a fairly recent number. I used trial and error to find the latest one processed at the end of the day. The next day I started with that number and looked through the ones following and then found the last one assigned that day. The assigned numbers cover all kinds of things, not just I-129F. So, for example, about 182 WAC#s were assigned yesterday, but only a fraction of those were I-129Fs. There appear to be several people on the boards who are doing this for informational purposes - mostly to track which dates seem to be getting processed at any given time. Other people certainly know more about it than I do :)

I could figure it out only for California's center. If someone can do it for Vermont (number start with EAC), plz share. I am definitely interest in what dates are processing as EAC#.

Are you sure you are in the right thread...this is an AOS thread not K1!

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
7 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

I am just telling you that they used to RFE for it and what people did to counter it. Regardless of what instructions say. You do what's best for you! In your own timeline you talk about the more evidence the better! Why would you not try to help since your journey is done. That's very strange!!

The process doesn't end with n-400; applying with i-130 + i-485 - that's why I'm here again. And trying to help sharing our knowledge and experience, so no strange ;). We did more evidence of one kind, not duplicates. That's what we did and, as you can see, our timeline was quite fast moving (except for when they misread the date that was current labeling it "past due" and RFE'ing us).

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Did I say something wrong in this thread? Or mislead anyone?

1 hour ago, Dæmogar said:

The process doesn't end with n-400; applying with i-130 + i-485 - that's why I'm here again. And trying to help sharing our knowledge and experience, so no strange ;). We did more evidence of one kind, not duplicates. That's what we did and, as you can see, our timeline was quite fast moving (except for when they misread the date that was current labeling it "past due" and RFE'ing us).

Yes your AOS was fast but that was 2010, you can not compare that speed with today's filers!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

I was thinking the same.. I think is kind of hard to say the dates they work 

and most of the numbers are randomly associated with a date 

4 hours ago, kswheezy said:

Just mailed our packet in! 😊

Welcome to the thread.

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hello! I will be mailing my AOS packet end of this month. I noticed that Form I-944 is missing on the AOS checklist posted by @Sarge2155. Just want to confirm, is Form I-944 (declaration of self sufficient) still needed? Thank you! :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.