Sarge2155

April 2021 - AOS Filers

186 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline
On 10/19/2021 at 9:24 AM, ccfalls said:

Interview went great! Case status changed immediately to 'Card Being Produced' then yesterday to 'Case Was Approved', and the EAD and AP status both changed to 'Case Closed, Benefit Received By Other Means.' 

I'm over the moon and didn't expect all this to happen so soon!

Do you mind sharing details about your interview? 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Hi April filers, I just want to give a quick update of my timeline. My initial AOS  package got to USCIS on Feb 11, 2021. On March 23, the entire package was back in my mail, they sent it back because I used an outdated version of form I-485 😔. So definitely lost my place in line, corrected the error and resent the package. 

They received it on April 1st, 2021. Got NOAs in the mail on April 28. Then the long wait began, and most of us know what the long wait can do to a person; talking about feeling depressed and the like. Somewhere in between I got the I-693 deficiency letter. 

Finally on October 2nd, exactly 6 months from April 1st, the biometrics appointment letter came in the mail. Biometrics were scheduled for the 22nd of the same month. A day after having the fingerprints taken, my online case status updated to “show fingerprints taken”. A week later my case updated to say “Case ready to schedule for interview.” And yesterday (Nov 5th), which is exactly 2 weeks from biometrics taken, my case updated to my “Employment card being produced”. And that’s the news I’ve been waiting for 💃🏾. Card not yet mailed though. 

My case was moving really slow just like most people’s experience, but it gained momentum after biometrics. If you are still waiting for biometrics, hang in there. They’re around the corner. All the best 😊

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone just an updated

Sept 20th I had a interview scheduled for November 8th and October 8th got notice that it was cancelled. The notice said unforeseen circumstances.

I have heard nothing yet for a rescheduled date but called the USCIS and put a request for a reschedule in as of this morning. 

Ps. we did go to the interview at the date it was scheduled as suggested by some members but we were turned away. Some seem to get lucky about still getting an interview and well we were not haha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

We've reached the dreary point where I think USCIS has lost our application. They received the I-485/765/131 packet on 4/26/2021 and is being processed out of the National Benefits Center and the Portland, OR field office. But even still the biometrics letter hasn't come. Our I-130 said it was "actively being processed" on September 4 and today we could officially file the online case inquiry form. We would just really like Uncle Sam to get us a work permit for Christmas. We're not hurting for money, but gainful employment is about so much more than revenue. Theres only so many computer games you can play and feel productive. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 11/6/2021 at 12:42 PM, Gloriousruins said:

Hi April filers, I just want to give a quick update of my timeline. My initial AOS  package got to USCIS on Feb 11, 2021. On March 23, the entire package was back in my mail, they sent it back because I used an outdated version of form I-485 😔. So definitely lost my place in line, corrected the error and resent the package. 

They received it on April 1st, 2021. Got NOAs in the mail on April 28. Then the long wait began, and most of us know what the long wait can do to a person; talking about feeling depressed and the like. Somewhere in between I got the I-693 deficiency letter. 

Finally on October 2nd, exactly 6 months from April 1st, the biometrics appointment letter came in the mail. Biometrics were scheduled for the 22nd of the same month. A day after having the fingerprints taken, my online case status updated to “show fingerprints taken”. A week later my case updated to say “Case ready to schedule for interview.” And yesterday (Nov 5th), which is exactly 2 weeks from biometrics taken, my case updated to my “Employment card being produced”. And that’s the news I’ve been waiting for 💃🏾. Card not yet mailed though. 

My case was moving really slow just like most people’s experience, but it gained momentum after biometrics. If you are still waiting for biometrics, hang in there. They’re around the corner. All the best 😊

Congratulations! Very similar timeline here.

NOA1 April 26th and Bio on Sept. 27th.

Anxiously waiting on EAD...!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
On 11/17/2021 at 6:53 PM, XenophiliusPDX said:

We've reached the dreary point where I think USCIS has lost our application. They received the I-485/765/131 packet on 4/26/2021 and is being processed out of the National Benefits Center and the Portland, OR field office. But even still the biometrics letter hasn't come. Our I-130 said it was "actively being processed" on September 4 and today we could officially file the online case inquiry form. We would just really like Uncle Sam to get us a work permit for Christmas. We're not hurting for money, but gainful employment is about so much more than revenue. Theres only so many computer games you can play and feel productive. 

Sorry you are going through some long waiting. But I’m sure if I-130 status says it’s being actively processed, then you’re case is still in the system, they haven’t lost it. Just not sure why they haven’t sent the biometrics appointment yet. I’m sure you’ve tried to call them. Hope you hear something soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Looks like a little movement here in Alabama.

Checked status and EAD (I765), shows NEW CARD BEING PRODUCED.

Paperwork was submitted on April 30th. 

Hopefully AOS will be coming soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 hours ago, AlaMike said:

Looks like a little movement here in Alabama.

Checked status and EAD (I765), shows NEW CARD BEING PRODUCED.

Paperwork was submitted on April 30th. 

Hopefully AOS will be coming soon.

Just checked status online.

AP (I131) was approved Dec 1

Now just waiting on the big one...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

updating my case

Interview was canceled end of October due to "unforeseen circumstances". It was supposed to occur November 8th. 

Middle of November I made a rescheduling request with the USCIS and received an email a week later saying my request had been forwarded to OKC scheduling unit. 

Crickets since, but hoping for a reschedule soon. 

We filed I-485 in April. Biometrics were done in August. Just had AOS interview on Friday. She passed and green card is on the way.

Interview was very easy. He only wanted to see 3-4 documents. He said he already planned to approve us before we came in based on our file.

Good luck everyone!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Well, a frustrating update. Today, my case tracker app updated to say that USPS returned a notice to USCIS as undeliverable, and I knew it could only be the biometrics appointment notice. I scoured through my paperwork and found that the NOA1 had the wrong address on it, but I didn’t catch it because I requested an additional copy when the other NOA1s arrived but the I-485’s didn’t. The submission had the right address, but it was entered into the database wrong for that application. After being very frustrated with the new automated phone system which will hang up on you if you request to speak to a human multiple times, we got though only to find out that the appointment was scheduled for a week ago. 

The undeliverable update occurred today! Argh! Now we have to wait up to 30 days for an “officer” to call us to correct the file, even though I filed an AR-11 today to correct the address. Hopefully then we can schedule the appointment and get back on track. Looks like we will definitely not have work authorization before the end of the year. But at least we know the file isn’t just missing. 

On 12/4/2021 at 4:39 PM, Trutta said:

We filed I-485 in April. Biometrics were done in August. Just had AOS interview on Friday. She passed and green card is on the way.

Interview was very easy. He only wanted to see 3-4 documents. He said he already planned to approve us before we came in based on our file.

Good luck everyone!

Quick update: She had her interview on Thursday. On Monday we got a letter saying she was approved. Green card was at the house on Wednesday. Less than a week! Finally some fast movement. Keep the faith all!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.