J&D1008

APRIL 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

2,043 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I put in an inquiry on 12/25 and got the same non-answer response yesterday. Since they backtracked the date I thought I’d just get the “you’re in processing time” message. I’ve already marked the calendar for 30 days from yesterday for round 2. I’m still debating whether to do another self inquiry or to do a congressional one for round two. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

My fiance and I submitted an inquiry on the 12/17 and got a generic response as well on the 12/30. I wasn't aware we could submit a new inquiry 30 days after response but that is great to know!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
25 minutes ago, keickhoff said:

What is a congressional inquiry, curious?

Inquiry submitted on behalf of your representative. From my understanding, it goes to a different place than the ones we can submit ourselves; it takes 4-6 weeks for a response. It’s another helpful tool for us to check up on progress, but of course doesn’t ‘speed up’ the process.

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Timeline

Yes, I’m still debating on that for the second or if I’ll wait and try to do it for the 3rd. Change it up a bit and hope for that “third times a charm” thing to set in. 

8 hours ago, slavaskii said:

Inquiry submitted on behalf of your representative. From my understanding, it goes to a different place than the ones we can submit ourselves; it takes 4-6 weeks for a response. It’s another helpful tool for us to check up on progress, but of course doesn’t ‘speed up’ the process.

Where can you submit this?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Saivarshini said:

You should do a google search for the congressional representative of your district (unless you already know who it is) and navigate their website. There should be a contact section somewhere on the website where you can then fill out an inquiry. For me, someone got back to me relatively quickly, and they asked me to sign a privacy release form including my case information before they inquired on my behalf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Saivarshini said:

25 minutes ago, keickhoff said:

Sounds to me like you need to have an attorney file for you, they will know where to file it

An attorney doesn't need to file this, in fact, your congressman offers it as a free service to their constituents (they offer a whole host of services actually; they're quite happy to help out their own). @Amanda&David has the correct process, you will need to fill out a Privacy Act Waiver to allow them to inquire with USCIS. This is just like one page, however, and you should be completely able to fill it out on your own. Very simple altogether!

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Timeline
2 hours ago, Saivarshini said:

Here are the links in case you don't know who they are:

Senators (just choose the state) https://www.senate.gov/senators/senators-contact.htm

Representatives (put in your zip code): https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

For each one under their contact section there should be something that says something close to "Help with a Federal Agency" and should include instructions on how to submit your documentation/information to them. 

Thank you so much. I'm going to bookmark this page and fill it out after I get a response for the second inquiry we placed two days back. 

Also, not sure if every inquiry 30 days from response or filing because I filed the first one on December 6th and got the response on 16th December. When we called USCIS on January 6th, one agent was able to place follow up request. However, when I tried to submit online, it didn't let me. 

Not sure if I'm going to get anything out of this inquiry but doing whatever I can at this point. 😕

Edited by Saivarshini

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thanks for all l the info!  I sent an email to my US Representative last night see what kind of response I get.  South Dakota only has one representative for the entire state, so it was easy to find my rep. Lol

Timeline
On 1/2/2022 at 1:26 PM, CJPinEcuador said:

WEEKLY CHART UPDATE 01/02:

No movement from last week.

TOTALS:

108 Approvals

18 RFEs

3359 Other Action aka “waiting and others”

Here’s hoping 2022 will be kinder to us all!

WEEKLY CHART UPDATE 01/08:

Approvals this week: 7

TOTALS:

115 Approvals

17 RFEs

3348 Other Action aka “waiting and others”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/5/2022 at 2:10 AM, centric23 said:

Reply from inquiry. 

265E09A8-2059-4216-86E6-5776BE013221.png

Does anyone know what a pending review response means? I've seen others post their responses, but this one looks different. TIA!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.