TBoneTX

All F2B Updates in This Thread (Part 2)

689 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I am Permanent Resident and  I filed for my unmarried son who is above 21 years old. I filed I130 for him in F2B category. I am a citizen of India.

My questions are 

1) If My son do marriage after I130 approval, then the I130 petition which I filed for him gets revoked?

2) If My son is in USA and file I-485 (when priority date becomes current) after I130 approval and do marriage , then my I130 petition gets revoked or not ?

Today I did live chat with 2 USCIS representative and the first representative said "the I130 petition will not get revoked". the second representative said "Depends on when your son get married within the process of application I-130 being completed after approval. Because your son will have to wait for the interview in his home country in order for him to get approval from them. If you son is in USA and filed I485 and it is in pending then it will not effect him getting green card on F2B application if he do marriage"

I am confused with their answers. Thank you for your help in advance.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
19 hours ago, HYga said:

Hi guys,

Does any body know for which DQ date that NVC  recently giving interview appointment? My question is for those from Africa. My DQ is July 2020, but never got interview appointment.

It depends on you country’s backlog. Which country are your from and you PD 

On 12/1/2021 at 7:22 AM, jpfashizzle said:

@neeuq Congratulations!

It's great that you got your successful interview SO SOON! You were DQ'd on Feb 11, 2021, so I am wondering how your interview was scheduled SO quickly?

Can you please elaborate on "sending them some emails"? I've emailed them asking about timelines for my interview, however no response (they mention that if your question is answered through their guidelines, they will not respond to emails)!

FYI my (F2B) DQ date is September 2020, and I am still awaiting my Interview.

Thanks!

hi there! sorry for the late response.

i was sending them emails pretty frequently - every week. i included letters of support from my therapists, family members, and friends. i was constantly rejected when asking to expedite my visa. i also emailed the california congress offices, senator offices, USCIS departments, NVC, etc. honestly anyone i could think of lol.. i truly don't know if any of it helped or if i was just next in line for the appointments, but i also genuinely thought i'd have to wait 1.5-2 years  to receive my interview letter. 

which consulate/embassy have you applied with? each of them has a different backlog/scheduling. i truly don't know how anything works internally, but somehow i got booked and i'm very grateful

On 12/21/2021 at 4:42 PM, neeuq said:

hi there! sorry for the late response.

i was sending them emails pretty frequently - every week. i included letters of support from my therapists, family members, and friends. i was constantly rejected when asking to expedite my visa. i also emailed the california congress offices, senator offices, USCIS departments, NVC, etc. honestly anyone i could think of lol.. i truly don't know if any of it helped or if i was just next in line for the appointments, but i also genuinely thought i'd have to wait 1.5-2 years  to receive my interview letter. 

which consulate/embassy have you applied with? each of them has a different backlog/scheduling. i truly don't know how anything works internally, but somehow i got booked and i'm very grateful

Hi,

Would it be possible if you can give us the emails of those you have requested to have your interview schedule expedited?  I would really appreciate it.

Thank you! 

On 12/22/2021 at 9:30 AM, iza25 said:

Hi,

Would it be possible if you can give us the emails of those you have requested to have your interview schedule expedited?  I would really appreciate it.

Thank you! 

hi,

so the emails include a lot of personal details, so i prefer to not disclose them word for word, but i can explain the gist of what i wrote:

• I explained that my family moved from Canada to US when i was 4 years old and US is all i knew as I was there my whole life -almost 20 years. 
  • I left the US b/c of my unintentional overstay. Though during that "overstay" (not even sure how much it amounted to),  I was trying to adjust my status and was even sent to do biometrics, but I, being young and frankly stupid, overlooked the fact that I didn't renew my Canadian visa.
  • When this came to my attention as USCIS sent me a request for evidence in 2017, I sought guidance from immigration attorneys. I talked to many and they all gave me incorrect information/advice and even ghosted me (still haven't heard from them even though I was retaining/ready to pay!). 
  • Departed the U.S. in 2017 to file an extreme hardship waiver (which doesn't make sense but that is what i was advised to do), it was denied, then transferred my AOS to consular processing.  
  • I didn't visit my home/family/friends for 4.5 years. I didn't touch US land in all that time, and it was impacting my mental health especially in the last stretch (2020-2021). My entire family became U.S citizens during this time.
  • I also acknowledged the difficulties of processing cases during pandemic as well as previous administration stopping issues of green cards for a while. 

i basically explained this over and over again in a lot more detail along with letters of support from family and my therapists i've had over the years. They kept rejecting me  for expediting though. They never approved me for an expedite. I am not sure what worked, or if I was genuinely just next in line, but that's what I kept emailing about for months. I also emailed the same information to the USCIS, NVC, congress/senator offices, etc.

Hope that's helpful! I know it's rough and the wait really truly does suck and I really hope you get your interview soon and are able to reunite with your loved ones ❤️ 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 12/23/2021 at 9:23 PM, neeuq said:

hi,

so the emails include a lot of personal details, so i prefer to not disclose them word for word, but i can explain the gist of what i wrote:

• I explained that my family moved from Canada to US when i was 4 years old and US is all i knew as I was there my whole life -almost 20 years. 
  • I left the US b/c of my unintentional overstay. Though during that "overstay" (not even sure how much it amounted to),  I was trying to adjust my status and was even sent to do biometrics, but I, being young and frankly stupid, overlooked the fact that I didn't renew my Canadian visa.
  • When this came to my attention as USCIS sent me a request for evidence in 2017, I sought guidance from immigration attorneys. I talked to many and they all gave me incorrect information/advice and even ghosted me (still haven't heard from them even though I was retaining/ready to pay!). 
  • Departed the U.S. in 2017 to file an extreme hardship waiver (which doesn't make sense but that is what i was advised to do), it was denied, then transferred my AOS to consular processing.  
  • I didn't visit my home/family/friends for 4.5 years. I didn't touch US land in all that time, and it was impacting my mental health especially in the last stretch (2020-2021). My entire family became U.S citizens during this time.
  • I also acknowledged the difficulties of processing cases during pandemic as well as previous administration stopping issues of green cards for a while. 

i basically explained this over and over again in a lot more detail along with letters of support from family and my therapists i've had over the years. They kept rejecting me  for expediting though. They never approved me for an expedite. I am not sure what worked, or if I was genuinely just next in line, but that's what I kept emailing about for months. I also emailed the same information to the USCIS, NVC, congress/senator offices, etc.

Hope that's helpful! I know it's rough and the wait really truly does suck and I really hope you get your interview soon and are able to reunite with your loved ones ❤️ 

I'm just glad all this is behind you now. Thanks for the details and coming back here to help others out! Live, love, be free, be happy. All the best. Hugs

16 hours ago, Mundo254 said:

I'm just glad all this is behind you now. Thanks for the details and coming back here to help others out! Live, love, be free, be happy. All the best. Hugs

this is so sweet-  thanks so much. :)

it's the least i can do. i know how brutal this process is and i want to give people some hope through it all.

❤️ 

On 12/23/2021 at 6:23 AM, neeuq said:

hi,

Hi,

Thank you so much for these, I appreciate the time and effort.  At least it will give me and the others an idea what we can do on our end.  

Have a Happy Holiday! 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/8/2021 at 12:40 PM, neeuq said:

hi everyone!!

i got an interview letter on september 13, 2021. interview scheduled for october 18, 2021 in montreal.

everything went smoothly - officer asked me about my dad and what he does (as he is the sponsor), when i last saw him, how long i had been away from home, about my lost status, how i did not go back or try to enter the US until i resolved this visa issue. 

i explained how i was doing AOS in the states when i lived there, and submitted my documents twice and was sent to do biometrics after I lost my status. i also showed him (via digital i-94) how i departed in 2017 and never attempted to return until i got the immigrant visa. he also asked if i wanted to opt out of F1 category - which has a longer waiting time - since my father is now a US citizen.

he acknowledged that it must've been really tough for me to have lived in the US my whole life and to not be able to go back for 4 years. and when he approved my visa, he said thanks for my patience  throughout this process. so much relief to finally be at the end of this journey and to have such a genuine, kind officer to be interviewed by.

i got my passport back with the visa on october 25, and got back to california this weekend and finally reunited with my family :)

appreciate all of you forum-goers helping and advising as we all go through this difficult processes. just wanted to give my update to convey some hope to others who are still waiting.

💜

Happy New Year neeuq,

Would you please advise if you expedited your case? My case got DQ'ed on Aug. 28, 2020 and I'm still waiting for an IL from Montreal. 

Thank you in advance! 

1 hour ago, andy@wpg said:

Happy New Year neeuq,

Would you please advise if you expedited your case? My case got DQ'ed on Aug. 28, 2020 and I'm still waiting for an IL from Montreal. 

Thank you in advance! 

happy new year to you too!

nope - i got rejected for all the expedite requests i made. 

when is your PD?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, neeuq said:

happy new year to you too!

nope - i got rejected for all the expedite requests i made. 

when is your PD?

Good morning! 

My PD is Jun. 16, 2015. I thought you expedited your case.

I’ll contact NVC to see what’s going on with my case. Hopefully they can give me some update. 

All the best to your new life in California!!! :) 

5 hours ago, andy@wpg said:

Good morning! 

My PD is Jun. 16, 2015. I thought you expedited your case.

I’ll contact NVC to see what’s going on with my case. Hopefully they can give me some update. 

All the best to your new life in California!!! :) 

no they kept rejecting me for the expedite.

yes contact NVC and the consulate and keep following up! i would say on a weekly basis.

and thank you so much! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.