TBoneTX

All F2B Updates in This Thread (Part 2)

696 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/28/2021 at 9:04 PM, marko1111 said:

Hi does anyone know for delayed interviews if we need new Affidavit of Support for current period or if latest period tax returns are sufficient, for example I submitted my AOS in 2019 and am now heading to interview, please only respond if you know exactly what you are talking about and are sure of it…thanks!

Call NVC, they will have info, please let us know too

Timeline
19 minutes ago, neeuq said:

hi everyone!!

i got an interview letter on september 13, 2021. interview scheduled for october 18, 2021 in montreal.

everything went smoothly - officer asked me about my dad and what he does (as he is the sponsor), when i last saw him, how long i had been away from home, about my lost status, how i did not go back or try to enter the US until i resolved this visa issue. 

i explained how i was doing AOS in the states when i lived there, and submitted my documents twice and was sent to do biometrics after I lost my status. i also showed him (via digital i-94) how i departed in 2017 and never attempted to return until i got the immigrant visa. he also asked if i wanted to opt out of F1 category - which has a longer waiting time - since my father is now a US citizen.

he acknowledged that it must've been really tough for me to have lived in the US my whole life and to not be able to go back for 4 years. and when he approved my visa, he said thanks for my patience  throughout this process. so much relief to finally be at the end of this journey and to have such a genuine, kind officer to be interviewed by.

i got my passport back with the visa on october 25, and got back to california this weekend and finally reunited with my family :)

appreciate all of you forum-goers helping and advising as we all go through this difficult processes. just wanted to give my update to convey some hope to others who are still waiting.

💜

Hi Dear, when u got DQ? Did they ask for latest AOS…give details please 

13 minutes ago, Waiting_ever said:

Hi Dear, when u got DQ? Did they ask for latest AOS…give details please 

DQ: Feb 11, 2021

PD: July 2, 2015

they didn't ask for the affidavit of support form (i had the initial one that was signed when i submitted my documents), but they did ask for the most recent tax returns and w2 of my sponsor - so in this case, 2020. 

13 minutes ago, Waiting_ever said:

I c u are in F1 category or F2B?

F2B

Timeline
2 hours ago, neeuq said:

DQ: Feb 11, 2021

PD: July 2, 2015

they didn't ask for the affidavit of support form (i had the initial one that was signed when i submitted my documents), but they did ask for the most recent tax returns and w2 of my sponsor - so in this case, 2020. 

F2B

My DQ is September, 2020

F2B…why haven’t I gotten invite yet…:(

r u DQ: Feb 11, 2021…or 2020…

4 minutes ago, Waiting_ever said:

My DQ is September, 2020

DQ is feb 2021

i'm sorry i know the wait really sucks :( it could be different embassies/countries are working at a different pace.. i was honestly shocked that my interview came early. i genuinely expected it to be 2 more years.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
18 hours ago, Waiting_ever said:

My DQ is September, 2020

Its probably because your priority date is not current. You date has to be current and case DQ'd. When is your PD?

Timeline
Just now, Edoumundo said:

Its probably because your priority date is not current. You date has to be current and case DQ'd. When is your PD?

Thanks for replying…my PD is November 2014…F2B….it’s been current since long time, I know someone from March 2020 DQed…hasn’t gotten IL yet either…

Timeline
20 hours ago, neeuq said:

hi everyone!!

i got an interview letter on september 13, 2021. interview scheduled for october 18, 2021 in montreal.

everything went smoothly - officer asked me about my dad and what he does (as he is the sponsor), when i last saw him, how long i had been away from home, about my lost status, how i did not go back or try to enter the US until i resolved this visa issue. 

i explained how i was doing AOS in the states when i lived there, and submitted my documents twice and was sent to do biometrics after I lost my status. i also showed him (via digital i-94) how i departed in 2017 and never attempted to return until i got the immigrant visa. he also asked if i wanted to opt out of F1 category - which has a longer waiting time - since my father is now a US citizen.

he acknowledged that it must've been really tough for me to have lived in the US my whole life and to not be able to go back for 4 years. and when he approved my visa, he said thanks for my patience  throughout this process. so much relief to finally be at the end of this journey and to have such a genuine, kind officer to be interviewed by.

i got my passport back with the visa on october 25, and got back to california this weekend and finally reunited with my family :)

appreciate all of you forum-goers helping and advising as we all go through this difficult processes. just wanted to give my update to convey some hope to others who are still waiting.

💜

Congratulations and all the best!

We keep waiting! A tormenting process but nevertheless we remain hopeful. Sucks knowing that the visa bulletin will not be moving until probably the 2022 summer. Hoping for the BBB bill be passed this November, our only hope for faster movement.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Waiting_ever said:

Thanks for replying…my PD is November 2014…F2B….it’s been current since long time, I know someone from March 2020 DQed…hasn’t gotten IL yet either…

Wow! Thats a long time. I can't even begin to imagine the frustration. As stated, it then might be because there is a huge backlog in your Embassy.

On 11/8/2021 at 6:40 AM, neeuq said:

hi everyone!!

💜

Congratulations!! I hope we also get our interview letter soon! 

On 11/8/2021 at 1:40 PM, neeuq said:

hi everyone!!

💜

Congratulations, It is good to hear stories like this and I hope the process will speed up next year by the way my application is in Canada but I am currently living in South America.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2021 at 8:09 PM, neeuq said:

Thank you!! ❤️  definitely doesn't hurt to send them some emails!

@neeuq Congratulations!

It's great that you got your successful interview SO SOON! You were DQ'd on Feb 11, 2021, so I am wondering how your interview was scheduled SO quickly?

Can you please elaborate on "sending them some emails"? I've emailed them asking about timelines for my interview, however no response (they mention that if your question is answered through their guidelines, they will not respond to emails)!

FYI my (F2B) DQ date is September 2020, and I am still awaiting my Interview.

Thanks!

Edited by jpfashizzle

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.