297 posts in this topic

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, krishna2629 said:

My passport came in 3 days and 4 th day I went o my border and got my stamping done.

Hi, quick question. How long was your visa valid for on the passport (as in, how long did you have to enter the US after receiving it)? 

Hey guy - I had added myself to the F Visa Tracking sheet myself (hope that's okay).  I got my IL today and updated everything on that sheet.

I have a bit of an odd question - When they take your passport for stamping, before you get it back can you enter the USA on a Nexus card still or you just can't enter the USA at all during that last step of visa processing?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Blueeyes1989 said:

@AWC I believe you cannot enter USA without a passport.

Normally I can enter the USA with just a Nexus card - It's a valid travel document in place of a Passport.  I think I'll just assume it's best practice to not try until I get my passport back.  Thanks for the speed response!

Can anyone who recently cleared interview at Montreal consulate for the family immigration visa interview (F3) help me here? Did you need to take a copy or original birth certificate of the petitioner?Thanks.

Instructions on this page is bit confusing https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MTL-Montreal.html

• Your original birth certificate and that of your petitioner if applicable, English translation, and a photocopy.”

Timeline
11 minutes ago, NGJ said:

Can anyone who recently cleared interview at Montreal consulate for the family immigration visa interview (F3) help me here? Did you need to take a copy or original birth certificate of the petitioner?Thanks.

Instructions on this page is bit confusing https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MTL-Montreal.html

• Your original birth certificate and that of your petitioner if applicable, English translation, and a photocopy.”

I think the key word here is “if applicable”. I also wonder the same thing but from what I’ve heard, I don’t think it’s necessary. We just submitted a black & white scanned copy of the Naturalization Certificate and a colored scanned copy Passport Card photo, and NVC accepted it.

Edited by cyyz2000

9 minutes ago, cyyz2000 said:

I think the key word here is “if applicable”. I also wonder the same thing but from what I’ve heard, I don’t think it’s necessary. We just submitted a black & white scanned copy of the Naturalization Certificate and a colored scanned copy Passport Card photo, and NVC accepted it.

Thank you..but are you talking about upload of docs or interview? Your interview is not done yet so confirming. I also did not upload my mother’s (petitioner) birth cert at DQ stage, but Consulate’s interview document checklist has it so inquiring. I agree with your logic that it is not applicable in our category.Let me know if you get any surprises at the interview, all the best.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, NGJ said:

Thank you..but are you talking about upload of docs or interview? Your interview is not done yet so confirming. I also did not upload my mother’s (petitioner) birth cert at DQ stage, but Consulate’s interview document checklist has it so inquiring. I agree with your logic that it is not applicable in our category.Let me know if you get any surprises at the interview, all the best.

Yes, I was referring to the interview stage. For sure, I’ll let you know if anything comes up. Good luck.

2 hours ago, AWC said:

Normally I can enter the USA with just a Nexus card - It's a valid travel document in place of a Passport.  I think I'll just assume it's best practice to not try until I get my passport back.  Thanks for the speed response!

Regardless if you can enter US or not, it will pose a problem when you come back to Canada. I believe Canada changed its rule before that pandemic and now requires everyone (including Canadians) to have a valid passport while entering Canada.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.