297 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, cyyz2000 said:

Hello, we're also waiting for an interview at MTL as well. 

Category: F3

PD: July 2008

DQ: July 2020

Thanks, your case is filed and moving exactly one month ahead of mine so will definitely be interesting in knowing your case updates. Let’s hope the MTL consulate starts operating at full capacity in coming weeks.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, NSG1 said:

Thanks, your case is filed and moving exactly one month ahead of mine so will definitely be interesting in knowing your case updates. Let’s hope the MTL consulate starts operating at full capacity in coming weeks.

For sure. Keep me updated if anything comes up

• 2 weeks later...

Montreal consulate did not approve a single F3 visa in February. I don't know if we should get discouraged ( trend will continue)or hopeful (will be given priority to F3 in next few months to catch up)...thoughts?https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/FEBRUARY 2021 - IV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.pdf

2 hours ago, NSG1 said:

Montreal consulate did not approve a single F3 visa in February. I don't know if we should get discouraged ( trend will continue)or hopeful (will be given priority to F3 in next few months to catch up)...thoughts?https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/FEBRUARY 2021 - IV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.pdf

Biden only lifted the ban on 24 Feb. I think expecting Montreal to have then scheduled interviews and managed to issue visas all within the next 4 days would probably be a little optimistic?

12 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Biden only lifted the ban on 24 Feb. I think expecting Montreal to have then scheduled interviews and managed to issue visas all within the next 4 days would probably be a little optimistic?

You have a good point, but as per the report, about 40 F3 visas were issued at other consulates around the world. 

3 hours ago, NSG1 said:

You have a good point, but as per the report, about 40 F3 visas were issued at other consulates around the world. 

A grand total of 40 - forty!!!! - visas are issued around the entire world and you are worried because  none of those have been in Montreal?!! A consulate with notoriously long scheduling times? Really?

I’m  personally way more surprised than any got issued anywhere at all, than that none got issued at Montreal. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, I am waiting for my interview date in Montreal as well. I emailed the embassy on May 19th, 2021 for an updated on F3 interviews and no reply yet. I will keep you posted once they reply. Do you know if we are allowed to travel from Canada to the US for leisure during this stages of the Visa application?

Thanks.

Category: F3

PD: July 2008

DQ: Feb 2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.