2,947 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Joyland said:

Good morning Family,

I hope you are all well and healthy.  

I have a question.  Anyone know,  how long after the local office receives the RFE to update the Medical Exam they approve and send the Green Card?

@Stillwinning!!!😊, @Villanelle, @sandranj

Set your mind at 2-5 months, if it happens sooner, then great! There’s really no fixed time...just estimates!😊

1 hour ago, Ocean23 said:

Thanks @Makanaki @Shroy123 @balo101

I am planning on going back to college and hopefully the PF can help me pay in-state tuition. 

Does anyone know about that by the way? Do schools have to consider us as “residents” if we have a pending I-360 and I-485 applications, plus a valid PF and we let them know about it? 

I am sorry i do not know about this but i think they will register you as an alien

30 minutes ago, Joyland said:

Good morning Family,

I hope you are all well and healthy.  

I have a question.  Anyone know,  how long after the local office receives the RFE to update the Medical Exam they approve and send the Green Card?

@Stillwinning!!!😊, @Villanelle, @sandranj

Usually 2 to 6 months depends on the background check and field office but in most cases, after submitting medicals, gc comes within 2 months

11 hours ago, God is a good God said:

I got my cousin who got termination in 2 months. He was in immigration proceedings, went for his marriage interview. His case couldn't be approved on spot because he was in immigration proceedings. His lawyer filed a motion to terminate after , it was granted fast and two weeks after,new card being produced. This is chicago court. This happened in the last 3 months. His green card came in two weeks ago

Do you think you could get me a copy of whatever motion was filed on your cousin's behalf? Obviously you know, all identifying features removed. I just feel like I need a sample to build my own version around. This is like the only piece that I'm missing cause if I could get these proceedings terminated, I could just put together my AOS packet and file with USCIS.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

2 hours ago, Shroy123 said:

Usually 2 to 6 months depends on the background check and field office but in most cases, after submitting medicals, gc comes within 2 months

@Shroy123 Thank you for your answer.

In my case, they already said in the letter that they would need the exam to make a decision.

So I thought it would be quick!  I ended up not renewing my Work Permit and my license expires in a few days.  I will probably have to go without driving for this waiting period.

On 4/8/2021 at 3:55 PM, Shroy123 said:

Hi All.. I hope you all are doing well. Long time 😄

Well just an update. My I485 has been approved. I went for an interview today and it was one of the easiest interview. Only yes/no questions and within 15 minutes, status changed to "New Card is Being Produced" 🥰🥰🥰

Finally the long journey of AOS has been completed today. I would like to thank you each and everyone of you @Stillwinning!!!😊 @FeDaniela @sandranj @Apollo @Lola_lalo and all.

Male petitioner here~ 

Yay Congratulations, I am so happy for you my dear. You gave me hope. I thought they totally forget our petition.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 4/8/2021 at 1:58 PM, HopOnHope said:

Nope . I did not ask for fee waiver . 

So the check you sent with your I485 application hasn't been cashed?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello V family. I need some information if you dont mind.

May 2020- i-360- vawa filed,

Nov 2020- i-485/765/131,

Feb 2021-2nd RFE for marriage in good faith and living together. (Still preparing reply)

April 2020- bio for I-360- code 2. Yet to done with bio. 

1. is it unusual to send bio while RFE is not responded? 

2. Will they send another bio for I-485/765/131? Or use this bio (of I-360) to rest I-485/765/131? 

3. what is BIA stand for? I read that often here. 

Thank you. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Aadi135 said:

Nov 2020- i-485/765/131,

Feb 2021-2nd RFE for marriage in good faith and living together. (Still preparing reply)

2. Will they send another bio for I-485/765/131? Or use this bio (of I-360) to rest I-485/765/131? 

Thank you. 

Also, 4. I didn’t request for EAD while filing I-360, so if my VAWA approve in the future. Will uscis by default issue me EAD or not? 

33 minutes ago, Aadi135 said:

Nov 2020- i-485/765/131,

Thank you. 

19 minutes ago, Aadi135 said:

Also, 4. I didn’t request for EAD while filing I-360, so if my VAWA approve in the future. Will uscis by default issue me EAD or not? 

1. Biometrics have nothing to do with RFEs for the most part, in other words have an RFE won't put a hold on the biometrics.

2. Either or. These days they tend to reuse old biometrics so they'll most likely just apply the ones from I-360 to the I-485/I-765/I-131.

3. Board of Immigration Appeals. It's basically where you appeal decisions of immigration judges and denials on I-130s to. Not extremely relevant to VAWA.

4. They'll issue you a C09 (AOS-based) EAD once they get to it. They won't issue you a C31 (VAWA-based) EAD upon I-360 approval but that's not a big deal.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Hello everyone!
I have a pending I-485 and changed attorney like 4 months ago.
If this update is related to the G-28 why the I-485 didn’t update.
Can someone give me more info about what’s happening ?
having the process stuck on something and then updating to this got me really anxious 😟 

April 7, 2021 Name Was Updated

April 7, 2020 We received your response for Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.

March 2, 2020 We sent a request for additional evidence for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.
(GOOD CHARACTER)

January 28, 2020 We received your case and waived the filing fee for your Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.
Edited by Nomadboy
Misspelled

Filed: Timeline
8 hours ago, Demise said:

Do you think you could get me a copy of whatever motion was filed on your cousin's behalf? Obviously you know, all identifying features removed. I just feel like I need a sample to build my own version around. This is like the only piece that I'm missing cause if I could get these proceedings terminated, I could just put together my AOS packet and file with USCIS.

Why don't you use a lawyer? Or ask Sandra to help you draft one, then do AOS for yourself.

I used a lawyer for mine. Took about a month. To me this is too complicated to DIY.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.