2,947 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Good morning, I have just received an invitation for an interview in my local USCIS office. I live in Miami. Does anyone know how long I would have to wait for it? 

Case Was Transferred To Schedule An Interview

After few hours the case changed again... this is so stressful! First they stated that case was transferred to a local office, and after few hours they changed it that case was transferred to another office. I am confused. And few days ago they stated that correspondence has been received but I never sent any letter! Anybody can help what's going on? Do you usually get two different notifications from USCIS?

Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
23 hours ago, Salyeen said:

Anyone has idea what happen if the EAD got lost ? And how long will take to get another one my lawyer lost mine he killed all my happiness. 

and can I take a letter from ice ? That my ex call them lie ! 

I had my EAD lost too, I personally think someone steals them in the post office because there are entire forum threads with people saying status shows delivered, but no card. I had my mailbox in a secure locked location. 

Anyways what I did was contact my congressman, she asked for proof it was lost. I showed her that I opened a claim with USPS and they sent me an email after a few weeks that they couldn't find it. Idk if it's necessary to wait for that, but I did. I also tried calling USPS office many times, but it was useless.

After my congressman contacted USCIS saying the card was lost it only took a couple of weeks to get new one.

12 minutes ago, Rosa Garcia said:

After few hours the case changed again... this is so stressful! First they stated that case was transferred to a local office, and after few hours they changed it that case was transferred to another office. I am confused. And few days ago they stated that correspondence has been received but I never sent any letter! Anybody can help what's going on? Do you usually get two different notifications from USCIS?

Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction

It doesn't really sound like they scheduled the interview, just stating that you're on the list waiting to get scheduled.

Edited by Engineering-rocks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 hours ago, sandranj said:

You or your attorney filed  form I-765 with the wrong category.It must  be category C9 and not C31, they can't process the EAD category C31 before VAWA approval.

Please how does one change from c31 to c9  ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Eno said:

Please how does one change from c31 to c9  ?

File a new form I-765 with the category C09 based on your pending I-485. 

if you have only the I-360 then you need to wait until they approved it and then they will send your C31 automatically 

Edited by John_

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Engineering-rocks said:

I had my EAD lost too, I personally think someone steals them in the post office because there are entire forum threads with people saying status shows delivered, but no card. I had my mailbox in a secure locked location. 

Anyways what I did was contact my congressman, she asked for proof it was lost. I showed her that I opened a claim with USPS and they sent me an email after a few weeks that they couldn't find it. Idk if it's necessary to wait for that, but I did. I also tried calling USPS office many times, but it was useless.

After my congressman contacted USCIS saying the card was lost it only took a couple of weeks to get new one.

@Salyeen Actually you know what I think I'm remembering it wrong. I actually had to apply for the EAD renewal AGAIN (I probably attached some proofs of USPS lost mail claims) and the congressman contacted USCIS explaining that I'm applying because previous one was lost, so they expedited this new one and I got it after a couple of weeks.

13 hours ago, sandranj said:

Having a child won't be a problem for your VAWA case, but it  might be for your I-485 because it doesn't sit well with USCIS when  the person remarries  just a  few months after the divorce(6/18 months). I hope your future wife has a green card because you won't be able to sponsor her for at least 5 years.

Thank you. She's a US CITIZEN. we are planning to just have a child. Maybe we can wait until I get my green card through vawa and get married afterwards

Filed: Other Timeline
On 3/23/2021 at 2:52 AM, AJJU said:

Hello Guys 

Just wanted share that my case was transferred and hopefully will get a mail notice soon.   

My request is to please be patience and we all get approved and get our cards.  

Screen Shot 2021-03-21 at 4.58.54 PM.jpg

@AJJU, congrats dear. Which state are you. My vawa was approved on 11/23/2020 and up till now my 485 has not been transferred. It only says finger print has been applied and that was since may 2020  when I filled for my 485, 131 and 765. Nothing has been changed so far. Do  need to write to Uscis to transfer my case  ?

38 minutes ago, Precious100 said:

@AJJU, congrats dear. Which state are you. My vawa was approved on 11/23/2020 and up till now my 485 has not been transferred. It only says finger print has been applied and that was since may 2020  when I filled for my 485, 131 and 765. Nothing has been changed so far. Do  need to write to Uscis to transfer my case  ?

My vawa was also approved 11/2020. I just got a mail this week from the national benefit center that they are missing my medical (so it transferred from Vermont to them) and I'll either get a RFE or an interview notice from local office. 

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi! In November, I came to usa with k12 visa, and we got married in December. we received the first AOS notification in late December. my wife's in the military. and she's always harassing me and kicking me out of the house. She used my status to harass me. I depend on her, i don't have work permit, i don't have any status and no one here.for months, she was constantly beating me, and I constantly had bruises and wounds on my body. because of the constant pressure and violence, I couldn't take it anymore and had to call the police. and because of domestic violence, my wife stayed in jail1 night. and we talked again the other day, and she said that there would be no more violence, that she regretted it. I believed her, and we got back together. I called the detective and told him I didn't want a prison charge, and the case was dropped. but yesterday she hit me again 3 times and left the house. I can't make any contact with her right now. I have video recordings and photos of the violence she inflicted on me. now this relationship has ruined me psychologically. divorce is the inevitable end. so far, we haven't been to any interviews. any chance I can get residence permit? Sorry about my English. Thank you!

Edited by Kaydan
Add new sentence

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, Ana FL said:

My vawa was also approved 11/2020. I just got a mail this week from the national benefit center that they are missing my medical (so it transferred from Vermont to them) and I'll either get a RFE or an interview notice from local office. 

@Ana FL, wat state are u dear ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Kaydan, welcome to the forum!  Your thread is being moved to the "Effects of Major Family Changes" forum and being merged with the master thread "VAWA, Part 22," to get the highest concentration of experienced responses.  Good luck to you.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

1 hour ago, Kaydan said:

Hi! In November, I came to usa with k12 visa, and we got married in December. we received the first AOS notification in late December. my wife's in the military. and she's always harassing me and kicking me out of the house. She used my status to harass me. I depend on her, i don't have work permit, i don't have any status and no one here.for months, she was constantly beating me, and I constantly had bruises and wounds on my body. because of the constant pressure and violence, I couldn't take it anymore and had to call the police. and because of domestic violence, my wife stayed in jail1 night. and we talked again the other day, and she said that there would be no more violence, that she regretted it. I believed her, and we got back together. I called the detective and told him I didn't want a prison charge, and the case was dropped. but yesterday she hit me again 3 times and left the house. I can't make any contact with her right now. I have video recordings and photos of the violence she inflicted on me. now this relationship has ruined me psychologically. divorce is the inevitable end. so far, we haven't been to any interviews. any chance I can get residence permit? Sorry about my English. Thank you!

Looks like you have proof of abuse, please read through the thread to see other documents that you have to gather, such as proof of good faith marriage, proof or joint residence, your statement that details your relationship through the marriage, as well as proof of good moral character such as police clearance. Hopefully our resident lawyer @sandranj as well as other fonts who give good advice like @Engineering-rocks  @Stillwinning!!!😊 and many other will chime in with some advice. Stay safe, take care of yourself and feel free to ask any questions in here, this is a safe space. 

6 hours ago, Precious100 said:

@Ana FL, wat state are u dear ?

Florida 

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.