A&K2021

fill out I-130a on behalf of spouse who is currently overseas

14 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, 1380anthony said:

Do I have to fill in the preparer and interpreter with my information if I am filling the form on behalf of my wife? She is oversees 

No you don't have to. And even the signature is waived if she is overseas. I just completed mine like a week ago. 

9 hours ago, mycase17 said:

No you don't have to. And even the signature is waived if she is overseas. I just completed mine like a week ago. 

Did you receive the approval? I read the people fill in the preparer's info. I just want to make sure. Did you fill the I-864? Im having trouble understanding and filling it

2 hours ago, 1380anthony said:

Did you receive the approval? I read the people fill in the preparer's info. I just want to make sure. Did you fill the I-864? Im having trouble understanding and filling it

You don't need I-864 for I-130. That is at NVC stage as per my understanding. Please follow the I-130 guidelines. 

And i just filed recently, so it will take another 6-9 months for approval or may be more. 

Edited by mycase17

4 hours ago, 1380anthony said:

I filled out the I-130A while talking with my wife over a video call. I did not fill out the preparer's section as I consider that she was just as involved as I was in the process, and personally I feel that the language is geared more towards a hired preparer than cases like this where one spouse helps the other:

Provide the following information about the preparer you used to complete Form I-130A if he or she is different from the preparer used to complete the Form I-130 filed on your behalf.

However, if you feel that listing yourself as preparer is appropriate in your case, I see no harm in that. Our case was approved by USCIS.

One other thing that we did just in case was that in the additional information section of the I-130A we referenced page 3, part 4, number 6 (spouse beneficiary's signature and date, which we left blank) and copied the portion of the instructions that said: If your spouse is overseas, Form I-130A must still be completed, but your spouse does not have to sign Form I-130A.

Edited by JKLSemicolon

6 hours ago, mycase17 said:

You don't need I-864 for I-130. That is at NVC stage as per my understanding. Please follow the I-130 guidelines. 

And i just filed recently, so it will take another 6-9 months for approval or may be more. 

Ohhhh Ok, I new to all this and at the time and I wanted to save some money by not contracting a lawyer. I am still at evidence from the i130 form online. I added my divorce judgment and I  just  recently got a PDF from my marriage certificate in spanish. I need to translate it and upload it to evidence. So the i864 is afterwards at the NVC? I trying to go too fast then.

• 4 months later...

On March I posted that I filledi130a on behalf of my wife that is abroad and that I filled the interpreter's and preparer's and signed it since I am the bilingual and the one filling it up. Some said I did not have to do it, but it was ok if I did. My question is: Should I do another i130a leaving the interpreter and preparer in blank and upload it to " other evidence" or should I just leave it the way I did it first??

17 minutes ago, 1380anthony said:

Should I do another i130a leaving the interpreter and preparer in blank and upload it to " other evidence" or should I just leave it the way I did it first??

Just wait for USCIS decision on your petition.  You haven't been sent an RFE for I-130A, right?  So there's no use uploading a new form now.

20 minutes ago, 1380anthony said:

Is the next step i864?

After the petition is approved, first you'll need to pay the Affidavit of Support fee via CEAC.  Then yes, submit the I-864 and supporting documents.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

duplicate topics merged

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
On 3/2/2021 at 10:45 PM, 1380anthony said:

I-864 comes later.  Download the instructions for all forms and become an A-Student of those instructions.  Doing so will be critical to your ultimate success.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.