1,047 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I'm new here so catching up.

We filed beg March 2021 online, it went to Nebraska service centre. Got NOA1 straight away. It was under active review from around  April - September.  Got approved beg Sept, now we are at NVC stage. 

My husband is USC and I am Australian and we are filing from switzerland 

Hi, I've been scouring this thread for some info and have a couple of questions, which are probably really obvious but couldn't find anything in the FAQ.

The AR period seems really different for everyone. Some ARs start almost immediately and last a long time, whereas others don't get that status for a long time. We've not had any change since our NOA1 6 months ago which seems mostly normal but are worried that when we eventually get actively reviewed we'll have another 6 months of review. Is this just an obscurity of USCIS or is there a pattern? Do different filing locations behave differently with this?

5 hours ago, haiku said:

We filed beg March 2021 online, it went to Nebraska service centre. Got NOA1 straight away. It was under active review from around  April - September.  Got approved beg Sept, now we are at NVC stage. 

Hey! Seen you're in Geneva which is where we lived when we first met!

1 hour ago, Laud said:

Hi, I've been scouring this thread for some info and have a couple of questions, which are probably really obvious but couldn't find anything in the FAQ.

The AR period seems really different for everyone. Some ARs start almost immediately and last a long time, whereas others don't get that status for a long time. We've not had any change since our NOA1 6 months ago which seems mostly normal but are worried that when we eventually get actively reviewed we'll have another 6 months of review. Is this just an obscurity of USCIS or is there a pattern? Do different filing locations behave differently with this?

Hey! Seen you're in Geneva which is where we lived when we first met!

AR is definitely different by location. I see you’re at Texas Service Center like me, which unfortunately has probably the longest AR. Probably plan for 9-12m total wait time for approval at this location and don’t focus much on when your AR comes in. My dates are:

PD 2/26/21

AR 5/12/21

I expect approval hopefully latest by end of the year. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
14 hours ago, haiku said:

That's really similar to our timeline. Filed on March 5, active review from April 2 - August 28th, approved officially on Sept 2.

On 9/21/2021 at 4:10 AM, Hubbster14 said:

Yep, I tried doing the same and can confirm it doesn't work currently. 

On 9/21/2021 at 4:08 AM, Hubbster14 said:

Decided to follow your example and file I-129F today. Can't hurt us, so why not go for that too :) even if it somehow sheds the time by a few weeks only, it will still be worth it. 

Hi! After mailing I129-F at Texas address, how long did it take them to send you a text/notice saying they received your application? Also, was it forwarded to the same service center as your I130 is being processed at?

2 minutes ago, nikmak said:

Hi! After mailing I129-F at Texas address, how long did it take them to send you a text/notice saying they received your application? Also, was it forwarded to the same service center as your I130 is being processed at?

I just know FedEx told me it was delivered 9/23, but still nothing from uscis. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
4 minutes ago, nikmak said:

Mine was mailed early August, received on the 20th of August. I am yet to receive any acknowledgement of receipt on their part. To be fair, my I-130 application was approved on the 16th of September so they might have just dropped the I-129f entirely before the NOA1.

02/23/21: I-130 NOA1

05/05/21: First "Actively reviewed"

08/05/21: I-129f submitted

09/15/21: Unsolicited documents uploaded on the website

09/16/21: Second "Actively reviewed"

09/16/21: NOA2 (K3 Denied)

09/20/21: NVC Received and case number assigned

09/20/21: AOS and IV fees paid

09/27/21: NVC documents submitted

12/29/21: Documentarily qualified

01/14/22: Interview scheduled

02/16/22: Interview

1 minute ago, Ovid3 said:

Mine was mailed early August, received on the 20th of August. I am yet to receive any acknowledgement of receipt on their part. To be fair, my I-130 application was approved on the 16th of September so they might have just dropped the I-129f entirely before the NOA1.

You officially represent best case scenario for me lol you’re one of the rare fellow texas center peeps with me here

1 minute ago, Ovid3 said:

Did they send you text or anything to say they got your application? How do we know it has reached proper location other than delivery service saying it was delivered? BTY congrats on quick approval! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Hubbster14 said:

You officially represent best case scenario for me lol you’re one of the rare fellow texas center peeps with me here

The estimates in Texas are a bit wild, but it looks like they are processing a lot of November 2020 to January 2021 cases right now, so yours is hopefully just around the corner!

22 minutes ago, nikmak said:

How do we know it has reached proper location other than delivery service saying it was delivered?

Theoretically I believe they should send a NOA1, but that might not be until the file reaches the Center where it will actually be "processed". Since it's all paper, 2 to 4 weeks from delivery to some form of receipt wouldn't be surprising.

02/23/21: I-130 NOA1

05/05/21: First "Actively reviewed"

08/05/21: I-129f submitted

09/15/21: Unsolicited documents uploaded on the website

09/16/21: Second "Actively reviewed"

09/16/21: NOA2 (K3 Denied)

09/20/21: NVC Received and case number assigned

09/20/21: AOS and IV fees paid

09/27/21: NVC documents submitted

12/29/21: Documentarily qualified

01/14/22: Interview scheduled

02/16/22: Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.