J&D1008

March 2021 K1 I-129F filers

2,472 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, MeG@Am said:

It's sad and discouraging really.  But I'm honestly asking... What can we do????  I mean our representatives can't even do much even if we ask for their help.  Is there other route we can do other than inquiring and asking help from our representatives?

So does that mean that we just take what they shove in our mouth???  We take it or leave it?  

I hope I meet someone working in USCIS and ask what are they actually doing there?

I don't know.  Tomorrow is Friday... and they usually slow down on Friday.  Monday is President's day.  So I'm expecting maybe a lot of them taking a long weekend.  

😥

Calling representatives is the best you can do, especially if you are living in Democrats district that stand for reelection.

Go to them in person, tell them, that you are utterly disappointed with current administration,it is insane that USCIS under pro immigration Democrats is less efficient and slower than under anti-immigration Republicans.

Tell them that you are life long democrat, but this is unacceptable and that you will probably vote for Republicans in next election.

None of this needs to be true, but they will understand that the situation is serius only when they will lose their seats.

Second best is to go to Uscis and Juddo twitter, and every time tjey start to virtu signal, you just remaid them that there is backlog and that you are tired of waiting.

Sadly more than this we can't do

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
29 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

If I may ask, did you inquire with your congressman before the inquiry date? I was planning on sending out a request to my other Senator tomorrow, particularly because by the time it gets into the hands of USCIS, it will likely be 3+ weeks and if I don't have NOA2 by then the case will be outside processing time again anyway. Last time it took 2 months for a USCIS response so I'm surprised you heard back so soon from them. 

And as a general comment to the rest of the replies in this thread: I'm so sorry this is hanging over your heads :( 

My case had been outside of normal processing times since October and I submitted the request for their assistance in early January. They are supposed to respond to congressional inquiries within 30 days. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
14 minutes ago, I129f49619 said:

I haven't heard back from my Congressional inquiry I filled in December, soooo who knows

Have you followed up? If not then you need to do that. No one is going to prioritize your case, and it can be easily forgotten if you don’t follow-up. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

So I’ve had a habit of running certain groups well after close and noticed an update seemingly come in late for the 645x. Wasn’t caught when I ran it at 4pm, or on any of the charts. Brings them to 7 for the day. I didn’t see anything in 640x, but perhaps there were a few more that snuck in late. Weird how that started this week.

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
27 minutes ago, lb119397 said:

Have you followed up? If not then you need to do that. No one is going to prioritize your case, and it can be easily forgotten if you don’t follow-up. 

Ya I've followed up twice to no avail

Timeline
4 hours ago, DSBeijing said:

I tell my fiance everyday, just be happy we are May filers. Backlog is growing larger by the day, May is small month with 2600 cases, after it June, July, September... have in average 3000 cases per month.

That means that they need to do 140 cases a day just to keep current processing time. 

Every time they process less that 140, wait time for people at the end of cue grows larger.

Crazy how missmanged is USCIS

Does anyone happen to know how many cases October 2021 has (I'm sorry this is not March related, but I'm asking just in case anyone has the info)

Edited by katiana

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
8 hours ago, lb119397 said:

Honestly, at this point what I would recommend is that as soon as you see your date come back up, submit an inquiry if you’d like, but also reach out to your congressman/woman and/or senator(s). I did not believe that this would help, so I held off on doing so. At the encouragement of others, I finally did. At nearly the 30-day mark (and the Monday after the estimated processing timeframe retrogressed to February), I received a forwarded email from my congressman’s office that included this verbiage from USCIS: 

Your constituent’s case is pending review with an adjudications officer. Due to the COVID-19 measures, all officers are working from home, we are unable to determine at this time how long the review process will take. (the reviewing officer has been informed of this inquiry) 

The bit in the parentheses made me roll my eyes, because I did not think that it would make a difference, but it just so happens that my petition was approved the day after they replied to my congressman’s office’s inquiry. I would push for any and all available avenues. Not to mention that in addition to submitting inquiries (myself and then would call USCIS and the agent would also submit one on my behalf), I also called every week, and I asked to speak with a T2 agent as well. Some people will claim that doing this will delay your case, but honestly, I feel that this helped me get my case finally approved. Otherwise, I would still be waiting in my group, which has not seen any movement in at least a week. 

What exactly do you say to your congressman, is there an official request form or template?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mari_Justin said:

What exactly do you say to your congressman, is there an official request form or template?

Sometimes on their websites, they will have a section like "Assistance to Federal Services" so search for that first. But if not, just send them a message in their contact and if you can, call them. I'm now in the process of contacting both a senator and a representatives to try and move our process. If you can, give them reasons why you need your case approved quickly (like job contract is ending or apartment lease is up). Good luck! So far, both of mine said there's nothing they can do for this first step but that they may be able to help with the NVC step. 😕 

10 hours ago, DSBeijing said:

I tell my fiance everyday, just be happy we are May filers. Backlog is growing larger by the day, May is small month with 2600 cases, after it June, July, September... have in average 3000 cases per month.

That means that they need to do 140 cases a day just to keep current processing time. 

Every time they process less that 140, wait time for people at the end of cue grows larger.

Crazy how missmanged is USCIS

We are September filers, and we're paranoid. 😭

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Fk254 said:

The case right after us just got an RFE..

Case Received March 23rd

Part of me believes that it's easy sometimes to find a case that needs an RFE vs an approval. 

This is just a theory, But I believe the reason Monday and Tuesday saw a large increase in cases was because they were probably working on the cases on Saturday, and decided to report it the next two business days.

Or, it's also possible they might be some workers doing overtime or nightwork, reporting a larger case processing increase the next day.

Just a theory.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Re Mo said:

Day 347 and I have turned off notifications of near timeline approvals because it causes a great deal of disappointment & frustration with each day that passes by me......

Stay strong buddy! We're all with you. 

5 minutes ago, EdwinShinobi said:

This is just a theory, But I believe the reason Monday and Tuesday saw a large increase in cases was because they were probably working on the cases on Saturday, and decided to report it the next two business days.

Or, it's also possible they might be some workers doing overtime or nightwork, reporting a larger case processing increase the next day.

Just a theory.

you have to remember also.. there are case workers, working from home. Again.. in another 45 to 90 days.. I believe things will get back to some kind of normally even as  today CA is loosening more and more guild lines. it's only a matter of time when more and more people will be back at their office working. you just have to think about it for a second, that dam virus almost killed a million people here ( US).. and it's taking it 2 years to recover, and there was and is a lot of people whom was in their process when things shut down. Once again.. think about how it was even a year and half ago.. and how it is now.. the progress is slow..  but more and more.. it's gaining momentum. (imo)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.