J&D1008

March 2021 K1 I-129F filers

2,472 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

So, I just did a run on the 62500 range, and I am not sure if I'm seeing things, but I counted 32 cases touched today, being 4 RFEs and the rest approvals.

I will wait for people who know better than me on this, but if that is the case it is plain bloody amazing.

EDIT: The numbers above are incorrect. The app is double counting.

Edited by Fillipe

10 minutes ago, Fillipe said:

So, I just did a run on the 62500 range, and I am not sure if I'm seeing things, but I counted 32 cases touched today, being 4 RFEs and the rest approvals.

I will wait for people who know better than me on this, but if that is the case it is plain bloody amazing.

EDIT: The numbers above are incorrect. The app is double counting.

Are you sure they were for form i-129F??

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Fk254 said:

Are you sure they were for form i-129F??

Yes it was. But as per my Edit, unfortunately the app was double counting, which I only realized when I looked into the ticket numbers.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
Just now, Fillipe said:

Yes it was. But as per my Edit, unfortunately the app was double counting, which I only realized when I looked into the ticket numbers.

Do you recall how

many there were without the double counting? Hopefully we still have good numbers, as it was looking promising before.

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Timeline
19 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

Do you recall how

many there were without the double counting? Hopefully we still have good numbers, as it was looking promising before.

17 touched. 15 approved. 2 RFEs. All in the 62500 group.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
1 hour ago, Re Mo said:

Seeing approvals above, below and all around me is a real drain on trying to stay positive and up beat.....😐

It is so very draining, but keep the faith. I had cases right before and right after mine get approved before mine was ever touched. There were also so many approvals for cases with the exact date as mine, and several with dates later than mine. It was frustrating and upsetting to see post after post on FB about approvals wondering when I would get mine. I felt happy for those with approved cases, but it was difficult to not feel overlooked and it was heart wrenching, but your day will be here soon. I know it’s easier said than done, but the wait will be so worth it in the end. 

33 minutes ago, lb119397 said:

It is so very draining, but keep the faith. I had cases right before and right after mine get approved before mine was ever touched. There were also so many approvals for cases with the exact date as mine, and several with dates later than mine. It was frustrating and upsetting to see post after post on FB about approvals wondering when I would get mine. I felt happy for those with approved cases, but it was difficult to not feel overlooked and it was heart wrenching, but your day will be here soon. I know it’s easier said than done, but the wait will be so worth it in the end. 

It really doesn't make sense unless they are going according to the noa1 date and not the case numbers. 

Edited by Naeem67

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Naeem67 said:

It really doesn't make sense unless they are going according to the noa1 date and not the case numbers. 

I don't believe they go by the case numbers. I'm thinking it might actually be on a relatively "as we receive it" basis, but with that literally being when the agents receive the case.

As an example, let's say you send it to the lockbox in Texas and that lockbox is what creates the number (I don't know if this is how it happens, but speaking hypothetically). Potentially the lockbox could send the case over to California later than they entered it, or your case gets put in a box with a bunch of other cases and is mixed in there.

The USCIS could be processing them in the order they received them in, but that's not necessarily the order that Texas received them in.

I have no idea if that makes sense, I'm just saying things now to give myself hope that I haven't been forgotten, haha

I-129F Sent: 02/27/2021

NOA1: Received 03/04/2021 (backdated); notice date 03/30/2021

NOA2: 02/14/2022
NVC Case Number Received: 03/15/2022

Sent to Tokyo Embassy: 03/29/2022

Tokyo Embassy Received: 04/04/2022

Interview Date: 06/06/2022

Entered the US: Waiting

Timeline
1 minute ago, dalindeck said:

I don't believe they go by the case numbers. I'm thinking it might actually be on a relatively "as we receive it" basis, but with that literally being when the agents receive the case.

As an example, let's say you send it to the lockbox in Texas and that lockbox is what creates the number (I don't know if this is how it happens, but speaking hypothetically). Potentially the lockbox could send the case over to California later than they entered it, or your case gets put in a box with a bunch of other cases and is mixed in there.

The USCIS could be processing them in the order they received them in, but that's not necessarily the order that Texas received them in.

I have no idea if that makes sense, I'm just saying things now to give myself hope that I haven't been forgotten, haha

Agree. Additionally, you have to factor that then it is distributed among agents, who have different productivity levels. If agents are assigned different work or visa types, and agents have a certain autonomy in the order they do their tasks, it could lead to a certain disorder in the order of things being processed.

Timeline
Just now, Fillipe said:

Agree. Additionally, you have to factor that then it is distributed among agents, who have different productivity levels. If agents are assigned different work or visa types, and agents have a certain autonomy in the order they do their tasks, it could lead to a certain disorder in the order of things being processed.

They should just make all of this digital applications so that everything is infinitely smoother/quicker to process :3

18 minutes ago, dalindeck said:

Same here. Im just trying to give myself some sanity. They received my case in Texas on March 10th. But uscis said they received it on 4/2. My case on the case tracker shows march 10th and im seeing cases after me getting approved.  So, i guess i am 4/2:(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Re Mo said:

Seeing approvals above, below and all around me is a real drain on trying to stay positive and up beat.....😐

Yea seeing everyone get approved before me is such a bummer !

Timeline

Here's the end of day update~

57000 - 0 (=0)
57500 - 0 (=0) 
58000 - 1 Denial (+1 Denial)
58500 - 0 (=0)
59000 - 1 Approval, 1 RFE (+1 RFE)
59500 - 0 (=0)
60000 - 1 Approval (=0)
60500 - 0 (=0)
61000 - 1 Approval (=0)
61500 - 2 Approvals, 2 RFEs (=0)
62000 - 9 Approvals, 4 RFEs (+2 RFEs)
62500 - 15 Approvals, 3 RFEs (+1 RFE)

63000 - 13 Approvals, 3 RFE (+2 RFEs)

63500 - 6 Approvals, 1 RFE (=0)

64000 - 0 (=0)

64500 - 0 (=0)

So this continues the trend of a few updates in the afternoon, but not much of a difference. Still, though, we're at 63 (+7) total changes today which continues the upwards trend! I don't expect this to continue (wouldn't be surprised at getting something 45 or so tomorrow, given how they operate).

With the indoor mask mandate in California ending next week, I wonder if we'll see the pace ramp up again once that happens.

@Fillipe make sure you filter by I-129F applications as your data includes all USCIS case types, and not just the I-129F cases :) Outside of that, looks like you've got the hang of it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.