Cluck

K1 Visa Vermont Processing Times 22 months?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The processing time is somewhat confusing it says 22 + months for anything received from 2018 my case wasn't received until October of 2020 does that mean I have a 22 month timeline that starts there?

Potentially... the dates are averages for processing that type of application (fastest/slowest) and shows which cases they are actively processing.. so yes you could potentially be waiting e.g. 22 mths for your application to be adjudicated but in most cases e.g 70% it’s processed at the faster pace.. it also means your case must have been filed prior to the current processing date (2018)  for you to make an enquiry.. 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Timeline

Yes my case was transferred to Vermont on October 22, 2020. My petition was received March 13, 2020. Could I really be looking at 2 years from now. If that is the case. I would be better off marrying in the Phillipiness and then apply for marriage visa, which wont be denied for a criminal offense that happened 30 years ago!

8 minutes ago, Cluck said:

Yes my case was transferred to Vermont on October 22, 2020. My petition was received March 13, 2020. Could I really be looking at 2 years from now. If that is the case. I would be better off marrying in the Phillipiness and then apply for marriage visa, which wont be denied for a criminal offense that happened 30 years ago!

Historically, married visa’s take longer usually since more checks etc are done as part of the process.. I filed married in 2018, still waiting...

thanks to covid and visa issuance restrictions k1 processing times have stretched out and is taking a lot longer with backlogs..

marriage has always been the superior visa in my opinion, since there are no restriction after you enter the US... k1 sucks since you could be waiting 22 mths after entry to get your green card via AOS.. 

the choice of visa really depends on you, but neither are fast, you just need to be patient 

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

Timeline

Thank you Duke and Marie. So you think I should wait and see how the K1 goes first? I just dont want to wait 22 months to be denied and then start a CR1 and go through 2 more year process.

6 minutes ago, Cluck said:

Thank you Duke and Marie. So you think I should wait and see how the K1 goes first? I just dont want to wait 22 months to be denied and then start a CR1 and go through 2 more year process.

It’s the risks you take... I doubt it’ll take 22 months, maybe another 6 🤷‍♀️.. you’ve already waiting a year, would be a shame to have wasted that time and start all over again with CR1.. have you tried asking on one of the country specific threads?

good point @Jorgedig the offences may mean CR1 is a better choice

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

Timeline

No I haven t tried that.Ill try.

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

Historically, married visa’s take longer usually since more checks etc are done as part of the process.. I filed married in 2018, still waiting...

thanks to covid and visa issuance restrictions k1 processing times have stretched out and is taking a lot longer with backlogs..

marriage has always been the superior visa in my opinion, since there are no restriction after you enter the US... k1 sucks since you could be waiting 22 mths after entry to get your green card via AOS.. 

the choice of visa really depends on you, but neither are fast, you just need to be patient 

For the IR visa I agree. That's about as good as it gets IMO.

But nowadays CR1 visas are now getting burned on removal of conditions (some are waiting years for an interview as they are ineligible for an interview waiver), whereas lots of K1 visas who interviewed as part of AOS are getting the interview waived and approved quickly...

1 hour ago, RamonGomez said:

For the IR visa I agree. That's about as good as it gets IMO.

But nowadays CR1 visas are now getting burned on removal of conditions (some are waiting years for an interview as they are ineligible for an interview waiver), whereas lots of K1 visas who interviewed as part of AOS are getting the interview waived and approved quickly...

K1 would still get burned at ROC if not more than a CR1 since many CR1 make it to IR1 prior to entering the country removing the need for ROC altogether 

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
3 hours ago, Cluck said:

The processing time is somewhat confusing it says 22 + months for anything received from 2018 my case wasn't received until October of 2020 does that mean I have a 22 month timeline that starts there?

In theory the 22 + months starts from the date you filed initially 

For example we filed June 5th 2019 and got transferred in oct 2019.  So as of the 5th march 2021 it will be 21 months for our petition 

4 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

Does the offense fall under the Adam Walsh Act/AWA?

THIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.