Crazy Cat

RIP Rush Limbaugh

103 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
18 minutes ago, moxy said:

You're kidding right? Did you see the quotes I posted? Go on Youtube, it's full of actual broadcasts. Do a Google search. If you can't find them, you're not looking.

And you're right, he did apologize for some of the things he said, but then he just kept on saying them in different ways. I'll take your apology at face value the first time. But when you just keep saying the same things different ways, then your apology is really just a means to keeping sponsors from pulling their ads.

This is really just proto-Trumpism. You bend over backwards to defend this guy and make excuses for his over 30 year record of racism and hatred, but never give someone on the other side of your beliefs that same overwhelming courtesy. The man literally told a black woman to "take that bone out of your nose and call me back." That's not out of context, that's not a joke, that's not sarcasm. And he didn't apologize for it, he just admitted to "feeling guilty" about it. Please.

I explained in my next post that I lined them out because I couldn't verify them. I kept them there instead of outright deleting them in order to avoid somebody calling foul on an edit. When I make a mistake, I own up to it and I don't try to cover it up. It was a dumb mistake, I'm usually better than that. It does not, however, invalidate the facts.

There are. Bill Maher comes to mind. I can't stand him. If some lefty shows up after he passes, defending him, you and I can stand shoulder to shoulder calling it out.

Whatever, your hatred of the man is clear.  

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

27 minutes ago, moxy said:

There are. Bill Maher comes to mind. I can't stand him. If some lefty shows up after he passes, defending him, you and I can stand shoulder to shoulder calling it out.

Bill Maher makes me sick. He's a sexist boor who thinks he's the cleverest thing in the universe. Nah. He's a snide, mediocre comedian who thinks having interesting guests will cover for his lack of talent. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Bill Maher makes me sick. He's a sexist boor who thinks he's the cleverest thing in the universe. Nah. He's a snide, mediocre comedian who thinks having interesting guests will cover for his lack of talent. 

Not a big fan a Maher, but apparently, like Limbaugh, he is successful enough to keep going.

He gets ratings because he has interesting guests talking about newsworthy topics, and he says outrageous things. Others do as well without all the vitriol and still manage to be funny. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I have always listened to Talk Radio, BBC Radio 5 Live is my normal go to.

When I came over I could not easily, now I have Alexa.

I have listened to Rush, not so much recently, for whatever reason I found him more interesting when he was in opposition.

He was undoubtedly at the top of his profession, not sure who would be No 2, but along way back. Certainly not the same when there was a stand in.

He rescued AM radio.

Definitely end of an era.

There was one guy I liked years ago who was like me pretty MoR, but he disappeared, sort of surprised there has not been anybody even close from the Progressive side.

If they are good I will and do listen to any view.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
16 minutes ago, laylalex said:

He gets ratings because he has interesting guests talking about newsworthy topics, and he says outrageous things. Others do as well without all the vitriol and still manage to be funny. 

Who?

I was a big Jon Stewart watcher, he went and seen nobody to replace him.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Several of the quotes attributed to Rush were fake as I suspected. Spread and generated by  hate filled leftist online . Of course I knew this without even checking. Oddly enough repeated in a hate filled post indicating they were glad Rush died, while at the same time saying the denounced hate. Ironic huh.

Wait. Maybe Rush Limbaugh Doesn't Like James Earl Ray.

https://reason.com/2009/10/15/wait-maybe-rush-limbaugh-doesn/

Maddow Finally Apologizes for Saying Limbaugh Wanted MLK's Assassin to Get Medal of Honor

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/weekly-standard/maddow-finally-apologizes-for-saying-limbaugh-wanted-mlks-assassin-to-get-medal-of-honor

1 hour ago, laylalex said:

I can actually watch Bill M. Reasonable at times.

Your thoughts on the actual things he said? Such as "take that bone out of your nose and call me back" to a black female call-in to his show?

It's interesting to me that nobody here has actually defended his racist vitriol. I'm curious to know if, when listening to Limbaugh, you just filtered out the racist and misogynistic stuff to focus on whatever the good stuff was. Like, "Yeah sure, Limbaugh's racist, but in between all that he's got some pretty good ideas." Truly want to know how that works.

There's a director/producer whose works I've loved for years, to the point that I will binge watch all his works every few years. Recently it came out that he'd harassed a female actor on two of his projects. It disgusted and angered me, and I probably won't ever be able to watch his works again. Not because I'm boycotting him, but because it's just hard for me to watch and not think about what he did. So I can't even fathom how a person could hang on to somebody who says racist and hate-filled things, but agree with the non-terrible things he says.

Also, I like it when journalists apologize and correct their misstatements. I wish more journalists would take that high road.

Did Rush Limbaugh Utter All These ‘Racist’ Statements?

A list purportedly documenting racially questionable statements made by the conservative radio talk show host is lacking in evidence.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/rush-limbaugh-racist-quotes/

Yeah, I removed the unverifiable ones from my list. I believe the following to be verifiable, but if you see any I missed, please let me know.

- Liberals (among other restrictions) should have their speech controlled.

- The NBA should be renamed the TBA for "Thug Basketball Association" and that they should be called gangs instead of teams.

- The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips.

- Unkskilled labor should be done by "stupid and unskilled Mexicans."

- Feminism was established so unattractive women could have access to mainstream society.

- When a gay person turns his back on you, it's not an insult, it's an invitation.
- He had a segment called "AIDS Update" where he mocked people who died or were dying of AIDS. It was accompanied by a celebratory jingle.

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Did Rush Limbaugh Utter All These ‘Racist’ Statements?

A list purportedly documenting racially questionable statements made by the conservative radio talk show host is lacking in evidence.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/rush-limbaugh-racist-quotes/

Rush has a rent free space in a lot of heads.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, moxy said:

A lot of people have rent-free space in a lot of peoples' heads.

Isn't that a whataboutism?

I would think you'd need to be a bit more specific than "a lot of people." I mean, "a lot of people" could easily include Limbaugh, in which case, it wouldn't be "whataboutism" at all, it would be about Limbaugh, at least in part.