Egonzalez

February 2021 N-400 filers (edited title)

1,132 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
42 minutes ago, jalem33 said:

I randomly decided to check the uscis account today. It says as of today:

March 9, 2021

Interview Was Scheduled

On March 9, 2021, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number

I never expected this to be so fast! Now to keep an eye on the mail to find out when this is, no document uploaded yet with the date.

Hey! Congratulations!!! Did you get any notification? And did you apply 90 days window or after your 3/5 years anniversary?

Edited by Savva
Spl

Timeline

I guess I can not be scheduled for my interview now because my 5 years residency is on May 11th, so if I understood right they schedule interviews not more than 60 days ahead of the interview itself, so maybe I'm wrong...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, jalem33 said:

March 9, 2021

Interview Was Scheduled

On March 9, 2021, we scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number

I never expected this to be so fast! Now to keep an eye on the mail to find out when this is, no document uploaded yet with the date.

Awesome Congratulations!

J-1 Au Pair Visa :

09/29/2012 : Met with USC
01/14/2013 : Married with USC

AOS Timeline :

06/09/2016 : AOS package sent

07/04/2016 : AOS package received (finally I was dying over here)

07/08/2016 : AOS package accepted !

07/28/2016 : NOA1 for I-130 was returned to the USCIS. The post office did not deliver it to me !

08/07/2016 : Card/Document Production ( no NOAS, no biometrics...nothing ??? )

03/26/2018 : Green card received!

02/12/2021: Filed for N-400  online

mzMOm5.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, jalem33 said:

March 9, 2021

Interview Was Scheduled

Congratulations!!

Please update is when you find out the date 😊

My 2cents advice to my Visa Journey Community. Please make sure to calculate your N400 eligibility dates correctly. I recently refiled my N400 in February 2021 after receiving a denial on my Jan 2021 interview. The officer cited that I was about 11days early. After a consultation with a lawyer, he advised refiling rather than appealing.

My previous case timeline
February 18, 2021 Case Was Denied
December 18, 2020 We scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
December 15, 2020 We cancelled the scheduled interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
December 18, 2020 We scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
December 10, 2020 We are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. Our records showed nothing is outstanding at this time.
November 14, 2020 We scheduled you for a biometrics appointment
March 26, 2020 We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and mailed you a receipt notice.

My current case timeline
February 27, 2021 Biometrics Appointment Was Scheduled
February 21, 2021 We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and mailed you a receipt notice.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Sudan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, TrueBlack said:

My 2cents advice to my Visa Journey Community. Please make sure to calculate your N400 eligibility dates correctly. I recently refiled my N400 in February 2021 after receiving a denial on my Jan 2021 interview. The officer cited that I was about 11days early. After a consultation with a lawyer, he advised refiling rather than appealing.

December 15, 2020 We cancelled the scheduled interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
December 10, 2020 We are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. Our records showed nothing is outstanding at this time.
March 26, 2020 We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and mailed you a receipt notice.

My current case timeline
February 21, 2021 We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and mailed you a receipt notice.

Sorry to hear! Did you apply online? There is a tool that calculate it for you. 

5 minutes ago, TrueBlack said:

My current case timeline

If you file online, unless you're eligible, it won't let you. Also there is a calculator on the USCIS webpage which shows you the earliest possible time when you can apply. Not sure, what happened in your first filing, but still quite a bummer to wait this much and go through all the process and only at the interview they bring that up. If someone not eligible they can easily tell them in the first round of screening and save their and applicants time.

Edited by AlexUSA

Timeline
13 minutes ago, TrueBlack said:

My current case timeline

My 5 years residency on my GC is May 11th, so I use the calculator on the USCIS website, it said February 10th is my 90 days, I counted it on the regular calendar and it was 90 days, so I tried to apply on the 9th of February (on purpose, to see if that tool works) and the website clearly said (in the red color) that I'm not eligible, and that my eligibility is coming up on the 10th, so when I applied on the 10th, I did not see that red window anymore and the system suggested that I'm good to continue to the payment, and then 2 hours later after applying I got a receipt into my document tab with a PD date and a day of acceptance of February 10th, hope it helps

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
9 minutes ago, TrueBlack said:

That is not the official uscis calculator.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-early-filing-calculator

If google "early filing calculator USCIS" then USCIS link is the first search result.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, AlexUSA said:

If you file online, unless you're eligible, it won't let you. Also there is a calculator on the USCIS webpage which shows you the earliest possible time when you can apply. Not sure, what happened in your first filing, but still quite a bummer to wait this much and go through all the process and only at the interview they bring that up. If someone not eligible they can easily tell them in the first round of screening and save their and applicants time.

Totally Agreed! If filing online then system won't allow to file early more than 90 days. They set up a good system not allow people make silly mistake.

Month/Day/Year

F2A

Married on 10/08/2012

I-130 sent on 09/15/2013

Priority day is 09/16/2013

I-130 was approved on 11/15/2013

I did wait almost 2 years for my visa available to be able to send I-485.

AOS

I-485 and I-765 were sent on 05/29/2015

USCIS Received Date June 02, 2015 

A check of $1070 was cashed by USCIS Chicago on 06/08/2015

Biometrics Appointment on July 1st, 2015

EAD is approved on August 10th 2015 (73 days)

Received EAD card on August 19th 2015

Sent renew EAD on April 9th 2016

Got interview notice on March 30th 2016

USCIS received on April 11th 2016

Interview Scheduled on May 3rd 2016

Approved on the spot - Handed print out approval notice.

Received 10 years GC in hand on May 7th 2016

N-400 

Filed online on 02/02/2021

NOA online on 02/02/2021

Received NOA in mail on 02/10/2021

Reuse Biometrics NOA online 02/19/2021

Received  in mail Reuse Biometrics NOA on  03/01/2021

Interview Scheduled on 02/17/2022

Interviewed on 03/16/2022

Oath scheduled on 03/22/2022

Took Oath on 04/02/2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.