SJordanS

Can USCIS expedite EAD card THAT fast???

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

My husband and I filed his AOS from K1 category. Tracking shows the package was received January 13 however I have not received a receipt notice yet. I’m sure it’s coming soon. My question is my husband got a job offer and the owner of that company is going to be generating a letter. Assuming I get the receipt number shortly here, what do you think the chances are of us getting an expedite on EAD right after filing with a letter? :energy:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

It's going to take several weeks to several months for you to get the NOA1.  It has been less than 10 days since USCIS received your AOS package.

After requesting an expedite, it can take several more weeks to get approved.

This is the big downside of choosing the K-1 path.  

36 minutes ago, SJordanS said:

My husband and I filed his AOS from K1 category. Tracking shows the package was received January 13 however I have not received a receipt notice yet. I’m sure it’s coming soon. My question is my husband got a job offer and the owner of that company is going to be generating a letter. Assuming I get the receipt number shortly here, what do you think the chances are of us getting an expedite on EAD right after filing with a letter? :energy:

Chances are 0.00 % that miracles like that happen.  

duh

Timeline
39 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

It's going to take several weeks to several months for you to get the NOA1.  It has been less than 10 days since USCIS received your AOS package.

After requesting an expedite, it can take several more weeks to get approved.

This is the big downside of choosing the K-1 path.  

Boy you said it. K1 is not the way for anyone reading out there. TRUST ME. Get married! 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
59 minutes ago, SJordanS said:

He won't get his EAD until biometrics are done, and he can't expedite biometrics.

Biometrics are currently taking 3-6 months to get scheduled because of covid.

Edited by Ayrton

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline
On 1/22/2021 at 12:55 PM, Ayrton said:

He won't get his EAD until biometrics are done, and he can't expedite biometrics.

Biometrics are currently taking 3-6 months to get scheduled because of covid.

Actually we filed on January 20, 2021 and received NOA1 on January 27th. Last Friday, February 20th, I received a notification that the Biometrics appt was scheduled and on its way to my mailbox. Less than 1 month. Could we have just gotten lucky? I know the wait time is AFTER the bio. Hoping for a smooth process for us. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Timeline
3 hours ago, SJordanS said:

Actually we filed on January 20, 2021 and received NOA1 on January 27th. Last Friday, February 20th, I received a notification that the Biometrics appt was scheduled and on its way to my mailbox. Less than 1 month. Could we have just gotten lucky? I know the wait time is AFTER the bio. Hoping for a smooth process for us. 

Consider yourself super lucky. I haven't seen a NOA in 1 week and biometrics in 1 month since before pandemic.

The waiting time is from filing date. Biometrics can come at any time. Before pandemic it was usual to see biometrics after 1 month, but not necessarily.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Ayrton said:

Consider yourself super lucky. I haven't seen a NOA in 1 week and biometrics in 1 month since before pandemic.

The waiting time is from filing date. Biometrics can come at any time. Before pandemic it was usual to see biometrics after 1 month, but not necessarily.

Im hoping the new administration has got a better process for us all. Since I started in January, im going to continually post so others can see how the time line is going POST new administration/new year/etc. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Timeline
5 hours ago, SJordanS said:

Im hoping the new administration has got a better process for us all. Since I started in January, im going to continually post so others can see how the time line is going POST new administration/new year/etc. 

The new administration has no immediate impact on timelines.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.