thine

N-400 April 2021 Filers (edited title)

407 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello All,

So today is my turn  to give an update on both of my cases, I751 and N400

We had an interview yesterday at the Atlanta field office, and it was really smooth and easy. We have waited 2 hours passed the original interview time, was at 9:55 AM and we were called in around 12:00 pm  

The officer was professional and efficient, yet very nice and pleasant, she said she has to go through the I751 first to see if it is approvable, and then we will be able to go through the N400 interview.

I gave her a big file with old and updated evidences, that she did appreciate, saying some folks just come to the interview with minimum to no evidences an expect that they will be approved!

We were asked few questions about our marriage (nothing really tricky or out of the norm) then she said she is approving our I751 and excused my husband so I can be tested and interviewed fo the N400

we started with the civic questions:

1-what is economic system in the US?

2-what is the current president political party?

3-what is one power of the federal government?

4-What Ocean on the west coast?

5-When do we celebrate Independence Day?

6-What are the major political parties in the US?

I was asked to read  "who is Abraham Lincoln?" and write " Lincoln was the president during the civil war"

She asked a lot of the yes and No questions, signed 3 documents on the tablet and that was it.

She gave me the form N652 and marked that I passed the test and a decision can't be made yet.

She explained that she has to first approve my I751 in the system and she will do it by the end of the day, and the next day only the system will accept the N400 approval. so I was kind of disappointed that I didn't get a solid approval on the spot, but guess what today I got all the updates one after another that I 751 is approved

N400 is approved and placed inline for oath

Oath Ceremony notice was mailed, so I checked online and I am scheduled fo the oath Ceremony on 09/10 

Feedback from my experience:

I would recommend filing N400 while I751 is still pending

I did case enquiry about my I751 and requested a call back from a tier 2 officer and I strongly believe that this what it triggered I751 interview scheduling on the same day of my N400 interview (N400 interview was scheduled first and was worried that they will not conduct both together, thus my N400 can not be approved)

I must say I am grateful for the quick N400 process didn't expect it that fast:

Filed online 04/26/2021

Interview scheduled  07/13/2021

interview date 08/18/2021

Oath 09/10/2021

Thank you all for the experiences shared it made the waiting less painful.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Good Luck to everybody 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, manoni said:

Hello All,

So today is my turn  to give an update on both of my cases, I751 and N400

We had an interview yesterday at the Atlanta field office, and it was really smooth and easy. We have waited 2 hours passed the original interview time, was at 9:55 AM and we were called in around 12:00 pm  

The officer was professional and efficient, yet very nice and pleasant, she said she has to go through the I751 first to see if it is approvable, and then we will be able to go through the N400 interview.

I gave her a big file with old and updated evidences, that she did appreciate, saying some folks just come to the interview with minimum to no evidences an expect that they will be approved!

We were asked few questions about our marriage (nothing really tricky or out of the norm) then she said she is approving our I751 and excused my husband so I can be tested and interviewed fo the N400

we started with the civic questions:

1-what is economic system in the US?

2-what is the current president political party?

3-what is one power of the federal government?

4-What Ocean on the west coast?

5-When do we celebrate Independence Day?

6-What are the major political parties in the US?

I was asked to read  "who is Abraham Lincoln?" and write " Lincoln was the president during the civil war"

She asked a lot of the yes and No questions, signed 3 documents on the tablet and that was it.

She gave me the form N652 and marked that I passed the test and a decision can't be made yet.

She explained that she has to first approve my I751 in the system and she will do it by the end of the day, and the next day only the system will accept the N400 approval. so I was kind of disappointed that I didn't get a solid approval on the spot, but guess what today I got all the updates one after another that I 751 is approved

N400 is approved and placed inline for oath

Oath Ceremony notice was mailed, so I checked online and I am scheduled fo the oath Ceremony on 09/10 

Feedback from my experience:

I would recommend filing N400 while I751 is still pending

I did case enquiry about my I751 and requested a call back from a tier 2 officer and I strongly believe that this what it triggered I751 interview scheduling on the same day of my N400 interview (N400 interview was scheduled first and was worried that they will not conduct both together, thus my N400 can not be approved)

I must say I am grateful for the quick N400 process didn't expect it that fast:

Filed online 04/26/2021

Interview scheduled  07/13/2021

interview date 08/18/2021

Oath 09/10/2021

Thank you all for the experiences shared it made the waiting less painful.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Good Luck to everybody 

Congrats!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
On 8/18/2021 at 9:07 PM, Joe1313 said:

Waiting is hard!

On 8/20/2021 at 5:08 PM, Sarah_k92 said:

Yeeeeeeep!!! 
So depressing!

But in the end of the day it's soooo worth it, I don't want to tell you how depressed I was, but then you see your certificate in the officer's hands you say yourself "THAT WAS WORTH IT" just wait guys, your turn will come, and you definitely will be there! My fingers crossed for all of you!!!!!

43 minutes ago, Sharknado said:

Question for those who changed their addresses after filing, do you go back to the end of the line at your new address?

I was told that I will not be bumped from the queue, but on the other hand I see so many people getting prioritised over me that's honestly not funny anymore. Hopefully you will get lucky and it will actually speed up your process! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
8 hours ago, Sharknado said:

Question for those who changed their addresses after filing, do you go back to the end of the line at your new address?

7 hours ago, LiRo said:

I was told that I will not be bumped from the queue, but on the other hand I see so many people getting prioritised over me that's honestly not funny anymore. Hopefully you will get lucky and it will actually speed up your process! 

Change of address does not speed up the process, they check on your background within the state, not within your home address

13 minutes ago, Savva said:

Change of address does not speed up the process, they check on your background within the state, not within your home address

Well... change of address may hopefully trigger picking up your file from behind the desk, or wherever they piled it up when they left for Covid break/hibernation😉 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

We called USCIS on Monday August 30th and after only 56min (was supposed to be 77, so not complaining), a super helpful guy came on the line, he said:

For the I-751 10 yr greencard I see an officer has opened it and looked at it on August 26, beyond that I don't know

For the N-400 citizenship I see an officer has opened it and looked at it on August 26 and .......(dramatic pause)...... requested an interview!!!!! 

Woohoo he said we won't be notified for another 2-3wks and that the interview would most likely be in 2-3 months and he has no idea if it will be both or just one. 

We had planned for one of us to fly to Macedonia to bring his mom back for a visit, but since we don't when the interview is we don't want to risk buying tickets.... we will wait till next year. 

Finally some sort of movement!!! Hope everyone else gets movement soon too

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 9/2/2021 at 10:36 AM, Daneandkathy said:

We called USCIS on Monday August 30th and after only 56min (was supposed to be 77, so not complaining), a super helpful guy came on the line, he said:

For the I-751 10 yr greencard I see an officer has opened it and looked at it on August 26, beyond that I don't know

For the N-400 citizenship I see an officer has opened it and looked at it on August 26 and .......(dramatic pause)...... requested an interview!!!!! 

Woohoo he said we won't be notified for another 2-3wks and that the interview would most likely be in 2-3 months and he has no idea if it will be both or just one. 

We had planned for one of us to fly to Macedonia to bring his mom back for a visit, but since we don't when the interview is we don't want to risk buying tickets.... we will wait till next year. 

Finally some sort of movement!!! Hope everyone else gets movement soon too

Advanced congrats. What is your NOA date?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.