Regdkp

Questions about the Interview

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

We got the letter for the interview. It's in the last week of January. 

No where in the letter, it says that we should not bring cellphone/laptop inside the interview office. Has anyone carried at least the cellphones? I was hoping that carrying the cellphone is probably Okay. But, again, due to security reasons, it might not be allowed. In case they need to check for any kind of proof for good relationship. Thanks a lot for any input.

Timeline
1 minute ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Look at the embassy website to see what is allowed and what is not allowed.  

I am doing the Adjustment of Status, I am already in US. I will be going to the USCIS office in Charleston, SC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Every time we have been to our local USCIS office for biometrics, interview, etc. It was a strict no phones or electronic devices allowed. We left them in the car. Follow the rules posted, or already sent to you. Why risk something over a cellphone. I never saw storage lockers or anything, so it's probably the same at most Field offices.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

Every time we have been to our local USCIS office for biometrics, interview, etc. It was a strict no phones or electronic devices allowed. We left them in the car. Follow the rules posted, or already sent to you. Why risk something over a cellphone. I never saw storage lockers or anything, so it's probably the same at most Field offices.

Thanks a lot! I did the same for the biometrics, left the phone in the car. I was wondering if they wanted to check our phones. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think the IO knows phones aren't allowed, they never asked about our phones. If you have any photos you want to show, bring hard copies. When we went for our AOS interview I took a messenger style bag with paperwork and some photos. They took some paperwork I had to add to the other stuff I sent with the application, but they seem to have a good idea of if you are approved before you get there. We had a nice IO, and it went really smooth. Maybe 30 minutes total and most of that was taking a photo and fingerprints for the green card. Maybe 20 minutes of actual questions.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, Regdkp said:

We got the letter for the interview. It's in the last week of January. 

No where in the letter, it says that we should not bring cellphone/laptop inside the interview office. Has anyone carried at least the cellphones? I was hoping that carrying the cellphone is probably Okay. But, again, due to security reasons, it might not be allowed. In case they need to check for any kind of proof for good relationship. Thanks a lot for any input.

We've always read from previous posts about not having any cell phone inside USCIS office, so we always went that route and decided not to bring them on.  Yet at the same time, I did see some people waiting on their phones.  Maybe each place is different?  I like to avoid drama and not have electronics on me like that. 

20 hours ago, Ed&Midori1031 said:

We've always read from previous posts about not having any cell phone inside USCIS office, so we always went that route and decided not to bring them on.  Yet at the same time, I did see some people waiting on their phones.  Maybe each place is different?  I like to avoid drama and not have electronics on me like that. 

When I went to Brooklyn ASC for fingerprints, I had my cellphone with me. I just had it on silent mode and never took it out of my bag. There were posters everywhere in the office saying cellphones are not allowed to be used inside but I guess you can bring it with you. But if you have a car, just leave it there, it's just going to be a few minutes anyway. I can't leave my phone at home as I needed Google maps to get home since I am not familiar with that area of Brooklyn yet :)  

I-751

July 25, 2023 - Submitted ROC via USPS 

July 31, 2023 - Credit card charged

Aug 1, 2023 - Text confirmation with IOE number received

Aug 14, 2023 - 48-month extension letter received

Aug 23, 2023 - Biometrics appointment at Brooklyn ASC

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

July 27, 2020 - USCIS online status: Case received

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Mar 3, 2021 - Combo card received | Mar. 5, 2021 - SSN card received

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

Oct 5, 2021 - Scheduled interview | Oct 6, 2021 - Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Celebi said:

When I went to Brooklyn ASC for fingerprints, I had my cellphone with me. I just had it on silent mode and never took it out of my bag. There were posters everywhere in the office saying cellphones are not allowed to be used inside but I guess you can bring it with you. But if you have a car, just leave it there, it's just going to be a few minutes anyway. I can't leave my phone at home as I needed Google maps to get home since I am not familiar with that area of Brooklyn yet :)  

I was going to do the same thing.  Just have my phone on silent mode, but I was just too nervous getting yelled at.  

We had our cellphones in Cincinnati office for ROC / N400 interview.  Didn’t play with them but other than the the main security for the whole federal building there was no additional screening or check. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.