Kuneesa

I-751 January 2021 Filers

1,019 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, MrsB2212 said:

My n400 interview was in sept  this year and they said  they could not make a decision  at that time  😩 but I did pass my civics and English and it was noted on my form. 

Today I got a notice that my Oath ceremony has been booked and ceremony notice  has sent in the mail.  

I heard absolutely nothing in between and nothing on the I-751 filed over a year ago. 

So guys , does this  mean n400 has been approved and I don’t need to worry about I- 751 process?

Please let me know if anyone you has any experience of this - Seattle office. 

thanks 

I got another email saying my N400 has been recommended for approval

and 

another email saying N400been approved!!

Still Absolutely NOTHING  on I-751 filed in January 2021.

The letter says to turn in my (expired) green card at the oath ceremony - as I will get my naturalisation certificate on that day.  

So I guess the gamble of filing the N400 concurrently with the I-751 paid off as N400 approval trumps the I-751 ?

3 minutes ago, Nyhearts said:

Hello all, 

Question for applicants in Houston, TX. 

Has anyone who was initially scheduled for an I-751 biometric appointment at the Houston ASC office  (on Highway 6 South, Sugarland TX ) had to reschedule their appointment? 

Missed the first biometric appointment and tried to walk in but they didn’t allow, so called USCIS on 11/25/2022 to reschedule. 

Received an email from USCIS on 12/5/2022 that request has been placed in rescheduling queue. 

I’m curious how long the wait is to get a new appointment date? 

What was the timeline from when they placed you back in the rescheduling queue to when you received the appointment letter in the mail to the new appointment date? 

Thank you.

Timeline: 

Receipt number: SRC**********

Priority date: 11/26/2021

Transferred to NBC: 2/17/2022

Biometrics appointment: 11/22/2022 (Missed the appointment)… waiting to be rescheduled.

I’m not in TX, but I too missed my biometrics in Sept  last year for my I-751.

My office is Seattle WA. 
I called them up , and was told I would get an email with a new appointment .
I got it 2-3 weeks later , about October. , and my appointment was for November.
So  I had my new biometrics appointment roughly 2 months after my  original missed appointment. 
I was  notified of my new appointment  about 3 weeks before hand.  

I hope that’s helps. 

8 minutes ago, MrsB2212 said:

I got another email saying my N400 has been recommended for approval

and 

another email saying N400been approved!!

Still Absolutely NOTHING  on I-751 filed in January 2021.

The letter says to turn in my (expired) green card at the oath ceremony - as I will get my naturalisation certificate on that day.  

So I guess the gamble of filing the N400 concurrently with the I-751 paid off as N400 approval trumps the I-751 ?

I think you should be all good! My understanding is that the N400 wouldn't get approved if they hadn't finished processing the I-751. So I think you should be all good! Congratulations!

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Case Approved - May 5, 2024

Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled - May 5, 2024

Oath Scheduled - May 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony - June 18, 2024

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

Case Approved - May 3, 2024

event.png

11 hours ago, Rearviewmirror said:

I think you should be all good! My understanding is that the N400 wouldn't get approved if they hadn't finished processing the I-751. So I think you should be all good! Congratulations!

Thank you so much! ❤️

Yes that makes sense re the I751, and maybe I won’t even get told they have finished processing it, but at this point that’s  ok !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 12/10/2022 at 6:55 AM, MrsB2212 said:

My office is Seattle WA. 
I got it 2-3 weeks later , about October. , and my appointment was for November.
So  I had my new biometrics appointment roughly 2 months after my  original missed appointment. 

I hope that’s helps. 

Thank you :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 12/10/2022 at 6:16 AM, MrsB2212 said:

My n400 interview was in sept  this year and they said  they could not make a decision  at that time  😩 but I did pass my civics and English and it was noted on my form. 

Today I got a notice that my Oath ceremony has been booked and ceremony notice  has sent in the mail.  

I heard absolutely nothing in between and nothing on the I-751 filed over a year ago. 

So guys , does this  mean n400 has been approved and I don’t need to worry about I- 751 process?

Please let me know if anyone you has any experience of this - Seattle office. 

thanks 

Yep scheduling oath ceremony means the I-751 is now irrelevant. Some people get an update on the I-751 but it's not unusual for it to not change since the N-400 approval takes precedence. Congrats!

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

3 hours ago, beloved_dingo said:

Yep scheduling oath ceremony means the I-751 is now irrelevant. Some people get an update on the I-751 but it's not unusual for it to not change since the N-400 approval takes precedence. Congrats!

Thank you 🙏🏾 ❤️❤️

Timeline
On 12/10/2022 at 6:55 AM, MrsB2212 said:

My office is Seattle WA. 

I hope that’s helps. 

Update: I received an email today, Dec 13th, stating that the new biometrics appointment letter was mailed on Dec 10th. Still waiting for the letter to arrive in the mail. 
I called USCIS and they told me the appointment is scheduled for Dec 30th. 😊

17 minutes ago, Nyhearts said:

Update: I received an email today, Dec 13th, stating that the new biometrics appointment letter was mailed on Dec 10th. Still waiting for the letter to arrive in the mail. 
I called USCIS and they told me the appointment is scheduled for Dec 30th. 😊

Yayyy 🎉🎉

all the best with it. 

also I’m trying to call uscis to check my oath ceremony date. All I get is a robot. How do I get a human ? 😂😩

Timeline
On 12/13/2022 at 9:25 AM, MrsB2212 said:

Yayyy 🎉🎉

all the best with it. 

also I’m trying to call uscis to check my oath ceremony date. All I get is a robot. How do I get a human ? 😂😩

Thanks, all the best in your journey as well. 

when I called and the robot asked “how can I help you”, I just said missed biometrics, so the call automatically got routed to speak with a representative. That’s how I got to speak with someone. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2022 at 6:54 AM, Nyhearts said:

Thanks, all the best in your journey as well. 

when I called and the robot asked “how can I help you”, I just said missed biometrics, so the call automatically got routed to speak with a representative. That’s how I got to speak with someone. 

Thank you so much ☺️ 

I751 

Filed 

-Jan 8th 2021

Biometrics 

-Nov 22nd 2021

Interview

-None

Approval Notice

-Dec 10th 2022

N400 

Filed 

-Feb 17th 2022

Biometrics 

-18th March 2022

Interview 

-Sept 22nd 2022

Approval Oath ceremony Notice 

- Dec 10th 2022

Oath ceremony -January 3rd 2023

Dear all 

I just wanted to take the time to thank each and everyone of you for all your help during this long journey. 

I finally became a US citizen on January 3rd, at 2 pm in Seattle Washington. 

The process was very smooth and quick check in to turn in your green card and oath notice invitation questionnaire page

It took about five minutes to say that oath, and that was it !!

I got my naturalisation certificate shortly after.
I spent about 20 mins in totals from entry to exit of the building. 

Next step is to apply for a passport. 

I just want to courage anyone that’s waiting not to lose hope, yes it’s a slow process , but it works.  The end is near,  just keep waiting patiently. 

I also think filing N400 concurrently worked for me as I never had an I 751 interview. I hope this helps anyone who has doubts about it. 

Happy New Year to everybody ,  God love bless , and best of luck ❤️❤️

6AC94809-676F-48E2-AB4F-252E29251B3B.jpeg

Edited by MrsB2212

17 hours ago, MrsB2212 said:

I finally became a US citizen on January 3rd, at 2 pm in Seattle Washington. 

Congratulations! This is great news!

17 hours ago, MrsB2212 said:

I got my naturalisation certificate shortly after.

Naturalization in US English though 😃

On 1/4/2023 at 5:34 PM, OldUser said:

Congratulations! This is great news!

Naturalization in US English though 😃

😁 😁 I’m originally from the U.K. , that’s how we spell naturalisation. I’m not changing to American English 😂😂. I’m a dual citizen now 😍. I get best of both worlds. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Finally after 2 years of wait, the case was approved. Jan 2021 filer, CR-1, MSC service center.  It was stuck on "Ready to be scheduled for an Interview" for more than a year, but the case was approved without any interview. There's hope!

image.thumb.png.68780edc175510500dc1b874db7618f1.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.