Kuneesa

I-751 January 2021 Filers

1,019 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Simple_Guy said:

I dropped it off at my local post office 2 hours ago. Priority Mail. Expected to arrive February 20, 2021 by 9:00 PM. So yeah, they definitely haven't received it yet lol.

I'm hoping I can stop it in transit and just cancel shipping so I can get the packet back and fix my mistakes.

Hope this helps!

AB2AE2B5-D6F4-4C66-A5B1-B43F14900664.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I sent my file on 01/11/21 and just today USCIS cashed the check for the fee but I haven't gotten the NOA yet. It's taking long and I don't even know what center I was assigned to

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Simple_Guy said:

Thank you! But I sent it through USPS, not FedEx, so I'm going to have to try their website or go back to the post office first thing tomorrow morning.

Am in the same mess, mailed mine Jan 18, lost my credit card that i submitted to USCIS and  unfortunately, i forgot about USCIS and cancel the card, so am 100% sure they will reject my petition because they will not be able to get their money.

1 days after mailing the package, i went to the post office to see if they can intercept and return the package, unfortunately, i was told my package was not eligible for that.

Am still waiting for they to reject my petition before i send in a new one.

Just give it a try and visit the post office tomorrow morning. The good news is, if you forget to sign the credit card authorization form, and the person processing your form is flexible, the card will still work. I have seen few post regarding that.

The copy of the green card is a requirement, however, if you lucky,  they can accept the petition and send you a REF .

Good luck

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, ricardofsaavedra said:

I sent my file on 01/11/21 and just today USCIS cashed the check for the fee but I haven't gotten the NOA yet. It's taking long and I don't even know what center I was assigned to

Call this number 800-375-5283 

and say technical support twice and it will direct you to a live agent. 

I just saw this number also from a previous post here, and it worked for me. I was able to get my receipt number yesterday. The agent was very nice, only asked my A#, Address and date of birth. 

Hi all, me again.

I’m getting more anxious because I stupidly forgot to sign up for texts and I lost the receipt with tracking when I submitted my petition. The package was mailed 1-3 priority mail with USPS on 01/04, the first day I was able to file, (and was probably received if all went well between 01/06 and 01/08). Now it’s 2/18 and I’ve yet to hear anything. My cheques haven’t been cashed, and I just got off the phone with an agent who said there has been no receipt number uploaded yet and gave me the usual shtick about needing 90 days. 

I can’t confirm that it made it there properly, though another package I sent that day made it to its destination. I have a couple of questions because I’m seeing folks with received dates after mine are starting to receive their NOAs.

1. Do you think it’s worth refilling, since I can’t confirm either way? I need to get an NOA before my 90 days is up, as my employment depends on it. If I do, any ideas whether it will hurt my application process if they both wound up there somehow?

2. I’m noticing a lot of folks who sent via UPS have received Receipt #/NOAs. I sent mine via USPS to the PO Box in Phoenix—do we think the PO Box location might be taking longer simply because it probably receives more applications? 

any advice or insight is greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, hollyeliz said:

Hi all, me again.

I’m getting more anxious because I stupidly forgot to sign up for texts and I lost the receipt with tracking when I submitted my petition. The package was mailed 1-3 priority mail with USPS on 01/04, the first day I was able to file, (and was probably received if all went well between 01/06 and 01/08). Now it’s 2/18 and I’ve yet to hear anything. My cheques haven’t been cashed, and I just got off the phone with an agent who said there has been no receipt number uploaded yet and gave me the usual shtick about needing 90 days. 

I can’t confirm that it made it there properly, though another package I sent that day made it to its destination. I have a couple of questions because I’m seeing folks with received dates after mine are starting to receive their NOAs.

1. Do you think it’s worth refilling, since I can’t confirm either way? I need to get an NOA before my 90 days is up, as my employment depends on it. If I do, any ideas whether it will hurt my application process if they both wound up there somehow?

2. I’m noticing a lot of folks who sent via UPS have received Receipt #/NOAs. I sent mine via USPS to the PO Box in Phoenix—do we think the PO Box location might be taking longer simply because it probably receives more applications? 

Hi,

In looking at the numbers, it seems the average is about a month and a week to get a check cashed/card charged after the package is delivered.  Since you used USPS and it should have been delivered by 1/08, I'd honestly go with a delivery on/around 1/11, which would put a check getting cashed roughly today/tomorrow.  I'd look for an update by Monday.  (Just my opinion though.)  

Spoiler

Petitioner: USC | Applicant: B2 | (c)9 AOS (Marriage)

07/31/18: Filed I-130, I-130A

08/01/18: Delivered Potomac Processing Center

08/07/18: Text/Mail Notifications (for I-130)

08/14/18: Hard Copy NOA (for I-130)

08/24/18: Mailed I-485, I-765, I-864

08/27/18: Delivered

08/31/18: Filed

09/04/18: Text Notifications (for I-485, I-765, I-864)

09/06/18: Hard Copy NOA (for I-485, I-765, I-864)

09/14/18: Biometrics letter rec'd

09/26/18: Biometrics appt completed

10/02/18: Ready for interview to be scheduled.

12/18/18: Form I-130 APPROVED!

01/27/19: EAD Approved and card being printed!

02/02/19: Combo card and SSN card arrived!

03/08/19: Text and online notification that interview has been scheduled.

04/16/19: Interview.  AOS approval text rec'd.  Card in production!

04/24/19: GC in hand! 

Removal of Conditions

Here we go!

02/10/21: I-751 package sent

02/12/21: Delivered to Phoenix, AZ

03/22/21: Money order cashed

03/24/21: Text notification rec'd

03/25/21: NOA rec'd

04/30/21: Case updated: Fingerprints taken

06/27/22: Approved!  Card being produced!

07/05/22: 10-year GC in hand!

4vrsm5.pngN3Zem6.png

7 hours ago, hollyeliz said:

Hi all, me again.

same here. my application was received 01/08 and have not heard anything back until today. check not cashed yet either :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone. 

My husband and I sent his I-751 application off 1 week earlier than the 90 period. After about 2 months we received it back as declined because it was sent too early. This left us a very short time period to fix the mistake. We re-sent the application and it was received on January 22.   We have not received a receipt yet and his Green Card is due to expire on Feb 25th.

The guy at the local USCIS told us that he would not be deported but he could not work. My husband has worked hard to get where he is at in his job. Is company said that they would take him back on, but his time with the company starts over again...he is close to getting his 2 year pin but will lose this and go back to having to wait for vacation, sick leave, insurance...does anyone know a work around on this or who we can speak too? 

It’s not fair because they had our application so long that we are going through this. if we received it back in a reasonable time, I would understand. I actually thought sending it early would be a benefit to them with all the Covid delay but no..all it has done is screw us over. We could really use some help or advice here. 

Thank you. I appreciate your input. 

Edited by Cruzincrystal

46 minutes ago, Cruzincrystal said:

Hi everyone. 

My husband and I sent his I-751 application off 1 week earlier than the 90 period. After about 2 months we received it back as declined because it was sent too early. This left us a very short time period to fix the mistake. We re-sent the application and it was received on January 22.   We have not received a receipt yet and his Green Card is due to expire on Feb 25th.

The guy at the local USCIS told us that he would not be deported but he could not work. My husband has worked hard to get where he is at in his job. Is company said that they would take him back on, but his time with the company starts over again...he is close to getting his 2 year pin but will lose this and go back to having to wait for vacation, sick leave, insurance...does anyone know a work around on this or who we can speak too? 

It’s not fair because they had our application so long that we are going through this. if we received it back in a reasonable time, I would understand. I actually thought sending it early would be a benefit to them with all the Covid delay but no..all it has done is screw us over. We could really use some help or advice here. 

Thank you. I appreciate your input. 

If you showed your company your green card when you did I-9 when you were hired, they should not revalidate, and you can continue to work even if your green card expires. (this is different from an expired EAD). I am not sure if the USCIS officer is correct. Look at the USCIS document here: the second paragraph from the bottom.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/handbook-for-employers-m-274/50-completing-section-3-of-form-i-9/51-reverifying-employment-authorization-for-current-employees

image.png.a7d1fcb4d67922dd123313d8b66d04ef.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 minutes ago, JoJoJoJo said:

If you showed your company your green card when you did I-9 when you were hired, they should not revalidate, and you can continue to work even if your green card expires. (this is different from an expired EAD). I am not sure if the USCIS officer is correct. Look at the USCIS document here: the second paragraph from the bottom.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/handbook-for-employers-m-274/50-completing-section-3-of-form-i-9/51-reverifying-employment-authorization-for-current-employees

image.png.a7d1fcb4d67922dd123313d8b66d04ef.png

I actually found this after I posted the question. He sent this to his HR manager. I guess we will find out what they say tomorrow. It’s aggrevating...while we did send it a week early....holding it for 2 months is insane especially since it’s only a 3 month time frame. 

2 minutes ago, Cruzincrystal said:

I actually found this after I posted the question. He sent this to his HR manager. I guess we will find out what they say tomorrow. It’s aggrevating...while we did send it a week early....holding it for 2 months is insane especially since it’s only a 3 month time frame. 

It may require some persuasion. Someone started one day before their card expired. In that case, some argument was needed for their HR to accept. Good luck!!

4 minutes ago, Cruzincrystal said:

I’d be interested to hear what his HR manager says, so if you are comfortable sharing, please let us know how it goes! It would make a difference if I’m without my Green Card before I get my receipt number.

Hi all,

For anyone who's in Texas, I hope you guys are safe and warm. 

I am pretty sure conditions in Texas are going to delay the delivery of the mail but I'm here to give you a little update.

I've been dreading for 2 weeks because I haven't heard anything back for 7 weeks and my new job was asking me to provide the letter so I was pretty concerned.

I finally got a receipt number through USCIS live chat this evening. My money order still hasn't been cashed out and I didn't file G-1145 so I didn't get any texts/emails.

Here's my timeline. The agent I talked to said my notice got mailed out yesterday.

Application sent through USPS: 12/30/2020

Application arrived in Phoenix Lockbox: 01/04/2021

Receipt Number Received: 02/17/2021

I hope this gives some of ya'll hope if you filed early like me too.

Edited by Gleeson

9 minutes ago, Gleeson said:

Hi all,

For anyone who's in Texas, I hope you guys are safe and warm. 

I am pretty sure conditions in Texas are going to delay the delivery of the mail but I'm here to give you a little update.

I've been dreading for 2 weeks because I haven't heard anything back for 7 weeks and my new job was asking me to provide the letter so I was pretty concerned.

I finally got a receipt number through USCIS live chat this evening. My money order still hasn't been cashed out and I didn't file G-1145 so I didn't get any texts/emails.

Here's my timeline. The agent I talked to said my notice got mailed out yesterday.

Application sent through USPS: 12/30/2020

Application arrived in Phoenix Lockbox: 01/04/2021

Receipt Number Received: 02/17/2021

I hope this gives some of ya'll hope if you filed early like me too.

Congratulations! This is such a great update to see considering I also applied via USPS PO Box. I hope mine is coming soon! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.