Greenbaum

JANUARY 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS (merged)

1,019 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Also, I will post.  So I sent off my I-129F on 14 January FEDEX overnight and it was delivered 15 January sometime in the early afternoon.  I know everything is delayed but I will continue to update.  In the meantime, we are keeping busy and I plan to fly to Ukraine in April for another visit.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 1/31/2021 at 8:23 AM, Keithn85 said:

Also, I will post.  So I sent off my I-129F on 14 January FEDEX overnight and it was delivered 15 January sometime in the early afternoon.  I know everything is delayed but I will continue to update.  In the meantime, we are keeping busy and I plan to fly to Ukraine in April for another visit.

Ours was received at the Lewisville centre on the exact same date as yours. I’m expecting a receipt sometime around March so not thinking about it too much now. 

And my fiancé and I are gonna start staying in countries that are open at the moment for as long as tourist visas allow us to stay there while waiting for the K1 to process- we’re looking into Dubai and Turkey and hopefully by the middle of this year more countries start opening up too. It’ll be good to stay together or we would have to wait it out for a year or more apart

Edited by Esth3r

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 1/31/2021 at 8:48 PM, Esth3r said:

Ours was received at the Lewisville centre on the exact same date as yours. I’m expecting a receipt sometime around March so not thinking about it too much now. 

And my fiancé and I are gonna start staying in countries that are open at the moment for as long as tourist visas allow us to stay there while waiting for the K1 to process- we’re looking into Dubai and Turkey and hopefully by the middle of this year more countries start opening up too. It’ll be good to stay together or we would have to wait it out for a year or more apart

Hello sweetie, 

did you receive any receipt or anything yet? I

mine was delivered to the lockbox on January 11 and since then nothing. I also filled out the forms that your ask them to text/

email you when they receive your application but i have heard nothing so far! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Sepi said:

Hello sweetie, 

did you receive any receipt or anything yet? I

mine was delivered to the lockbox on January 11 and since then nothing. I also filled out the forms that your ask them to text/

email you when they receive your application but i have heard nothing so far! 

Hi sepi, 

there is a 6-8 week delay in receiving NOA1. You should read the November filers. Many of them are just starting to receive there first notice. We most likely won’t receive our notice until March/April 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, J&D1008 said:

Hi sepi, 

there is a 6-8 week delay in receiving NOA1. You should read the November filers. Many of them are just starting to receive there first notice. We most likely won’t receive our notice until March/April 

Thank you so much. Please keep me updated as soon as you got anything. ❤️

On 1/12/2021 at 2:01 PM, Greenbaum said:

Yup. :pop:  Sit back and relax. Even after receiving your NOA1 there is another 7-9 month wait currently. "your mileage may vary" 

Still waiting on notice that Dallas lockbox has received our application packet. Confirmed delivery on Nov 27th getting close to 10 weeks at what point would you guys start asking if they lost it? Thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Azgrado said:

Still waiting on notice that Dallas lockbox has received our application packet. Confirmed delivery on Nov 27th getting close to 10 weeks at what point would you guys start asking if they lost it? Thanks 

Keep an eye on the November filers thread. We just got the notice on ours (Nov 12) yesterday. You'll be soon.

K-1 Process                                                                                            AOS Process

11/06/20: I-129F packet shipped via UPS                                         05/23/22: I-485, I-765, I-131 packet shipped via UPS

11/11/20: I-129F delivered to Dallas Lockbox (Lewisville)             05/26/22: AOS packet delivered to Chicago lockbox

11/12/20: Backdated I-129F "received date" (NOA1)                      05/31/22: NOA "notice date" (x3)

02/09/21: I-129F fee charged to bank account                                06/01/22: Text alert with receipt #s received (x3)

02/10/21: Text alert with receipt # received                                     06/02/22: AOS fees charged to bank account

02/16/21: Mailed I-797C Notice of Action(1) received                   06/06/22: Mailed I-797C Notice(s) of Action received (x3)

03/30/21: I-129F petition approved (NOA2)                                     06/13/22: RFE received

04/04/21: Mailed I-797C Notice of Action(2) received                   06/27/22: Biometrics appointment

04/28/21: NVC case # assigned                                                         08/24/22: RFE response shipped

10/29/21: Case sent to Montreal consulate                                     08/31/22: RFE response delivered

11/02/21: Consulate received (first ready)                                       03/11/23: 2nd RFE received

11/15/21: Packet 3 mailed (second ready)                                      03/23/23: AP & EAD approved

11/20/21: Packet 3 received (by U.S. petitioner via mail)              04/28/23: AOS APPROVED!

11/20/21: Packet 3 submitted                                                            05/08/23: Green Card received

11/24/21: Packet 4 received (interview date assigned)

12/10/21: Medical exam (Dr. Cheema in Surrey)

12/14/21: Medical results emailed to the consulate

01/11/22: K-1 interview: APPROVED!

01/14/22: Visa in hand (received via Purolator)

03/29/22: US entry (YYZ Toronto)!

04/04/22: Marriage!

I'm also an early Jan filer, not expecting an receipt till at least mid March. Given Nov filers are now receiving their receipts and backlog is starting to be cleared, let's hope it will come earlier than expected. I have a paranoia that my credit card will be cancelled for some reason and I'll have to start this over again, so I'm a bit on pins and needles till they charge my CC successfully. 

Removal of Conditions (I-751)
2/17/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/20/24: I-751 packet delivered

2/22/24: Receipt Number available on USCIS Portal

2/27/24: Extension Letter Available Online, Biometric Re-use letter, "Case is being actively reviewed"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 1/12/2021 at 12:23 AM, Caboose29 said:

I’ll be filing mine by the end of the month. If I finish by the end of the year, I’ll be ecstatic, but I’m not holding my breath. 

Well I finally got mine finished and delivered, on 2/11/21.  Looks like I'll be in the February group/thread whenever it gets created.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 1/31/2021 at 10:48 PM, Esth3r said:

I don't know anything about Dubai, but I met my fiancee in Istanbul in December.  It was relatively painless, and fun, even with the curfews. I easily recommend meeting in a 3rd country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Caboose29 said:

I don't know anything about Dubai, but I met my fiancee in Istanbul in December.  It was relatively painless, and fun, even with the curfews. I easily recommend meeting in a 3rd country.

We went to Dubai in December last year for almost a month and spent Christmas and new years there. It was super convenient getting into the country and the pretty easy going once in.

And yeah if more people can make meeting in a 3rd country work, definitely do it! It’s worth it and keeps your mind off of the wait. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Caboose29 said:

Well I finally got mine finished and delivered, on 2/11/21.  Looks like I'll be in the February group/thread whenever it gets created.

I would ask @Greenbaum he creates the threads. 

Timeline

Hi fellow January filers, 

Just did some querying of case status on USCIS. It looks like they are up to December. I found December 1,3 and 8 doing the random search. Of course this still may be some November filers who filed the end of November and was received early December. 

let’s keep our hopes up! This may mean we will receive our NOA-1 by early to mid March! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, J&D1008 said:

Just did some querying of case status on USCIS. It looks like they are up to December. I found December 1,3 and 8 doing the random search. Of course this still may be some November filers who filed the end of November and was received early December. 

let’s keep our hopes up! This may mean we will receive our NOA-1 by early to mid March! 

Thankkk you for keeping us updated. 

14 hours ago, J&D1008 said:

Wow that's great, seems they have really sped up processing then!

Removal of Conditions (I-751)
2/17/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/20/24: I-751 packet delivered

2/22/24: Receipt Number available on USCIS Portal

2/27/24: Extension Letter Available Online, Biometric Re-use letter, "Case is being actively reviewed"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.