Gamisha

Updated I-693 for AoS interview

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Gamisha said:

By instructions you mean the Chapter 3, B, 4 of the policy manual?

This: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-3#S-B

Yes. It's also on the 693 instructions. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

Yes. It's also on the 693 instructions. 

Thank you.

I just find it odd that the medical examination done in the US has a limited validity, the one done abroad doesn't. 🤷‍♀️

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Gamisha said:

Thank you.

I just find it odd that the medical examination done in the US has a limited validity, the one done abroad doesn't. 🤷‍♀️

I would say it's because if you do your medical in the US, you have the option to take it straight to the interview. So if you chose to do it too early, it's your fault if it's take too long to get the interview scheduled. 

For K1s, AOS is a continuation of the process started in the embassy, so it doesn't make sense to require a new medical, therefore it doesn't make sense to blame us for the long wait to get the interview scheduled.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

I would say it's because if you do your medical in the US, you have the option to take it straight to the interview. So if you chose to do it too early, it's your fault if it's take too long to get the interview scheduled. 

For K1s, AOS is a continuation of the process started in the embassy, so it doesn't make sense to require a new medical, therefore it doesn't make sense to blame us for the long wait to get the interview scheduled.

It makes total sense! :) Thank you again!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just use your DS 3025. I have my interview in 3 days - I am going to be using it. You just need to have sent with your original I-485 package within 90 days of entering the US the DS-3025 to be valid, there is no "expiration" for it I believe.

Timeline
37 minutes ago, purem4g1c said:

Just use your DS 3025. I have my interview in 3 days - I am going to be using it. You just need to have sent with your original I-485 package within 90 days of entering the US the DS-3025 to be valid, there is no "expiration" for it I believe.

There's no such thing as send within 90 days for the DS3025 to be valid. 

The AOS package has to be sent within 1 year of the date of the medical for the whole medical to remain valid. DS3025 is just one form of the medical.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ayrton said:

There's no such thing as send within 90 days for the DS3025 to be valid. 

The AOS package has to be sent within 1 year of the date of the medical for the whole medical to remain valid. DS3025 is just one form of the medical.

Ah I must be thinking of the I-94... But you should be able to still use DS-3025 if that's what you sent in the original petition within the 1 year time frame for your interview.

17 minutes ago, purem4g1c said:

Ah I must be thinking of the I-94...

Nope. K-1 AOS filers can also apply after I-94 expires.

The important part is getting married within the 90 days of US entry. If that isn't done, then the petitioner will also have to submit I-130.

Edited by HRQX

Timeline

4 hours ago, purem4g1c said:

Ah I must be thinking of the I-94... But you should be able to still use DS-3025 if that's what you sent in the original petition within the 1 year time frame for your interview.

I never had the original of the DS3025, I had a copy that was given to me at the medical place. And I sent the copy of the copy I have with the I-485 package.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Gamisha said:

I never had the original of the DS3025, I had a copy that was given to me at the medical place. And I sent the copy of the copy I have with the I-485 package.

Yeah but surely you made a photocopy of it while you had it ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

A friend received that same letter a few days ago (also Seattle office—they must be sending out blanket notifications), without enough time to even book a medical appointment before their interview today.

But thanks to this thread, we realized that there had been a DS3025 done abroad (K-1) and an I-693 shouldn't be needed after all, and sure enough, the case has already been updated to "approved."

Thanks for the clarifications here!

Edited by AK_2014

Timeline
On 12/15/2020 at 6:30 PM, AK_2014 said:

A friend received that same letter a few days ago (also Seattle office—they must be sending out blanket notifications), without enough time to even book a medical appointment before their interview today.

But thanks to this thread, we realized that there had been a DS3025 done abroad (K-1) and an I-693 shouldn't be needed after all, and sure enough, the case has already been updated to "approved."

Thanks for the clarifications here!

Let me see if I understood correctly. Your friend didn't end up doing the I-693, had the interview and they didn't even ask them the I-693? 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Just following up. I had my interview on Tuesday and the medical didn't even came up!

Thank you again for the clarification. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.