2,962 posts in this topic

Timeline
10 minutes ago, oam said:

Thank you so much! 

Will I be penalized for requesting for postponement of my marriage interview? The interview was rescheduled in January. Though it was not on my request. I heard that there is an increase in outright denial of I-485 applications requesting for interview to be reschedule a second time.

If that be the case, I will suggest you follow Engineering-rocks advice.good luck 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
12 hours ago, sheima said:

Uscis received my package on 

July 11 2019 

july 23 Uscis waived my package fee

August 6 2019 is the date on the receipt the priority date (PD) 

Uscis work with your priority date not the date you sent your package or they received your package, that’s why I always say am August filer, the PD, guys correct me if am wrong 

If I'm not mistaken, Sandra mentioned here that PD is only relevant if you were married to a GC holder. If your (ex)spouse is a citizen it's irrelevant.

3 minutes ago, trishytrish said:

Omg guys! This means my case was approved right?!! As you can see my case has been pending for 3 years! My daughters and I are crying right now! When will it actually say approved? 

82ECA3B9-9F71-4325-88C5-C784E8418591.jpeg

Sweet Lord! Yes congrats! Approved update maybe in 3-4weeks!🎉🎊🍻😊🙏 

Timeline
46 minutes ago, trishytrish said:

Omg guys! This means my case was approved right?!! As you can see my case has been pending for 3 years! My daughters and I are crying right now! When will it actually say approved? 

Congratulations 🗽🇺🇸

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
1 hour ago, trishytrish said:

Ooh my God yes it's approved , it's well am glad you two can enjoy your next meal today, not worried,  it's a beautiful feeling

1 hour ago, trishytrish said:

Yes It looks like it is C31 :)  Congratulations! You waited so long you deserve it !

09/2017 - Married US.C

02/2018 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

X?/2018 - Interview, went BAD! 

01/2019 - lawyer withdraw my GC-marriage case

01/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

03/2019 - EAD, AP approval

02/2021 - EAD C31 received

02/2021 - I-360 VAWA approved

Hello VAWA family ,

I hope everyone is having a great day so far. Does anyone have a recommendation for a psychologist or counselor with a proven track record with vawa cases in Texas ( hopefully Dallas area ) ? While back @sandranj had mentioned that she is using an amazing counselor here in Texas that does a great job with the evaluations and I hope I can get her info or anyone else that does a great job. Also can I attend those sessions remotely or they need to be in person ?Thank you in advance for all of your help.

HELP!!! I’m a Sept 2018 filer and still nothing. I asked help from Senator, Congressman, Ombudsman. Today I emailed my attorney’s office if they could inquire for me. They said I should pay my remaining balance first before they do an inquiry. I was furious!!! First of all, they have changed my lawyer twice already and the lawyer that’s handing my case is not with the firm anymore. They never told me until I emailed them for an update a month ago and now they want me to pay the remaining balance just for an inquiry!!! Absurd!!! There’s just so much incompetence on their part and I dont think im getting the quality of service that I paid for. 

How do I get them out of my case? What should I do? The lawyer that filed my case is not their anymore and I dont think it makes sense for them to put my case on a new lawyer since we’re just waiting for a decision. Pls help!!! Any suggestions 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
45 minutes ago, MGJ_NY said:

HELP!!! I’m a Sept 2018 filer and still nothing. I asked help from Senator, Congressman, Ombudsman. Today I emailed my attorney’s office if they could inquire for me. They said I should pay my remaining balance first before they do an inquiry. I was furious!!! First of all, they have changed my lawyer twice already and the lawyer that’s handing my case is not with the firm anymore. They never told me until I emailed them for an update a month ago and now they want me to pay the remaining balance just for an inquiry!!! Absurd!!! There’s just so much incompetence on their part and I dont think im getting the quality of service that I paid for. 

How do I get them out of my case? What should I do? The lawyer that filed my case is not their anymore and I dont think it makes sense for them to put my case on a new lawyer since we’re just waiting for a decision. Pls help!!! Any suggestions 

Am sure you can contact the above mentioned offices without their help! 

About getting them out of your case I do not know about the procedure.  Wishing you all the best

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
52 minutes ago, MGJ_NY said:

You need to look at your contract you signed with the law firm.  Even if you terminate their services, you may still be required to pay the balance.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Hello Wonderful people.

I picked up i-693 medical in the mail today dated Feb 9. and it was sent to my old address again but forwarded by usps.

I am glad that there is progress but also concerned about delay in my mails, it took over almost a month before I received this, I have also seen cases where interview notice was sent 3 weeks after medicals. 

Lastly i did the medical back in 2017, do i still need to et everything done again or just flu shot?

And please can recommend any affordable doctor in NJ for the medicals.

Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.