2,962 posts in this topic

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kely said:

Hi everyone ! I received my green card yesterday. Thank you all for your immense support. This forum has helped a lot.  I still can't believe it's over ,after all I went through. God is good. For all those still waiting, hang in there, patience is key and it should always be accompanied with prayers. 🙏🏾

Congrats 🗽🇺🇸

7 hours ago, Engineering-rocks said:

GUYSSSSS I485 status updated to card being produced!!!!!!! Thank you all so so much!!! I will chill in a few and write more details for timeline and interview.

1 hour ago, Kely said:

Hi everyone ! I received my green card yesterday. Thank you all for your immense support. This forum has helped a lot.  I still can't believe it's over ,after all I went through. God is good. For all those still waiting, hang in there, patience is key and it should always be accompanied with prayers. 🙏🏾

rich kids dancing GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Congrats loves

Hi 

i need help to track my I360, please advise is this a right site to track update

[link removed]

please reply, if anybody know better tracking site

thanks

Edited by TBoneTX
removed link showing case number

35 minutes ago, asimove said:

Hi 

i need help to track my I360, please advise is this a right site to track update

[removed link]

please reply, if anybody know better tracking site

thanks

Hey love, delete that link it has your receipt number pls. But that is the correct site, you can also use he uscis account but that takes longer to update.

Edited by TBoneTX
removed link from quote

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 minutes ago, luminarc said:

delete that link it has your receipt number

Got it, from original post and :bonk: from the quote.  Thanks for pointing it out.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

10 hours ago, aquila said:

Hello everyone my rfe to my 485 after my interview was received December 28. Should I be worried or how do I follow up? My actual combo card is set to expire Jan 30 and I only have the 797C from the renewal paperwork with the 180 day extension till July and by Jan 30 I'll be back to 180 days again. What do I do now?

Send in new forms to renew the pending combo card or let it ride out?

Or

Wait and hope for approval or any new request as there's no way to get info after interview from the GC which only God knows how long that's going to take?

Thanks and congratulations to everyone with recent approvals for either C31 and 485. I share your joy and happiness 😊😊😊😊🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻.

God bless you all.

Since you already have the I-797C letter for the renewal, you're set for an extra 180 days and sending the forms again isn't going to do you much good. USCIS will most likely approve the I-485 or I-765 by then.

Also, what did they RFE you for at the interview?

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Other Timeline
1 minute ago, Demise said:

Since you already have the I-797C letter for the renewal, you're set for an extra 180 days and sending the forms again isn't going to do you much good. USCIS will most likely approve the I-485 or I-765 by then.

Also, what did they RFE you for at the interview?

Thank you for your response. The rfe was letter of employment with 2 recent paystubs and the divorce decree(I did give a copy but they asked for it again in the rfe)

Just now, aquila said:

Thank you for your response. The rfe was letter of employment with 2 recent paystubs and the divorce decree(I did give a copy but they asked for it again in the rfe)

Then you should be fine.

I'm actually wondering why they even asked for proof of employment. VAWA applicants are exempt from public charge ground of inadmissibility.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Other Timeline
11 minutes ago, Demise said:

Then you should be fine.

I'm actually wondering why they even asked for proof of employment. VAWA applicants are exempt from public charge ground of inadmissibility.

I have no idea my dear. Maybe the IO just felt like requesting it but I'm just praying all goes well. I have never asked for any assistance as I work all the time and going to school out of pocket.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Demise said:

Then you should be fine.

1 hour ago, aquila said:

I have no idea my dear. Maybe the IO just felt like requesting it but I'm just praying all goes well. I have never asked for any assistance as I work all the time and going to school out of pocket.

During my interview the officer asked for last year's taxes, and I just offered him my employment verification and paystubs along with it lol, he gladly filed it with my case. Thanks again for sharing your info, so the rest of us could learn the process and try to avoid rfe.

33 minutes ago, June1888 said:

Hello fam and happy new year!

I hope everyone is healthy and positive. I wanted to share that after spending a good month abroad, I returned to the states with no issues, traveling with advance parole while waiting for green card adjudication. I did go through the "little room" where they verify the advance parole. I had a nice talk with the CBP officer, who even asked me why was my green card taking so long. He admitted that this status of pending/waiting for green card was kind of a limbo. The officer did warn me that even if we were able to travel anytime we wanted while our advance parole was valid, they were currently revoking the advance parole to any person traveling to the countries currently banned for travel due to covid 19. Example: Brasil. He said "wherever you go, do not travel to brasil, because when returning to the states, we will revoke your advance parole and send you back to your country". So I though of sharing this piece of information to whoever is having travel plans.

Welcome back! Valuable info right there and thanks for sharing!😊👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.