Boiler

Black Lives Matter has increased racial tension, 55%

142 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Chauvin charged with murder. What was the point again?

That his behavior is systemic, and that he acted in this way shows his belief, and the belief of thousands of other LEOs, that they can get away with it. He did not get away with it because of BLM, not because the justice system was going to work on its own. There are many, many other cases that show in the general case, Chauvin is right. If they're black, you can get away with it. It runs the spectrum, from driving while black, to outright being murdered because of skin pigment. But I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

1 minute ago, moxy said:

That his behavior is systemic, and that he acted in this way shows his belief, and the belief of thousands of other LEOs, that they can get away with it. He did not get away with it because of BLM, not because the justice system was going to work on its own. There are many, many other cases that show in the general case, Chauvin is right. If they're black, you can get away with it. It runs the spectrum, from driving while black, to outright being murdered because of skin pigment. But I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

He was charged with murder, not by BLM but by the same system you're saying is white privilege. Kinda makes that knee symbolism back there a mighty joke.

3 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

He was charged with murder, not by BLM but by the same system you're saying is white privilege. Kinda makes that knee symbolism back there a mighty joke.

Of course I don't mean BLM arrested him. Nobody has ever said BLM arrested him. Are you really that incapable of critical reading? No, BLM didn't arrest him. He was charged because BLM brought it to light. BLM ensured that his behavior couldn't just be buried in the same way that civil rights protesters have always had to do. And again, you know this already.

13 minutes ago, moxy said:

Of course I don't mean BLM arrested him. Nobody has ever said BLM arrested him. Are you really that incapable of critical reading? No, BLM didn't arrest him. He was charged because BLM brought it to light. BLM ensured that his behavior couldn't just be buried in the same way that civil rights protesters have always had to do. And again, you know this already.

Their behavior (not just Chauvin but the other cops) was caught on cameras of several people and body cam footage was publicly released. You showed an image of a cop with his knee on a guy's head as symbolism of systemic white privilege but apparently can't see how him being arrested and charged contradicts that? If anything America taught you that intolerance to racism or police brutality is systemic. Might want to critically look at other elements in your equation. 

Just now, Burnt Reynolds said:

Their behavior (not just Chauvin but the other cops) was caught on cameras of several people and body cam footage was publicly released. You showed an image of a cop with his knee on a guy's head as symbolism of systemic white privilege but apparently can't see how him being arrested and charged contradicts that? If anything America taught you that intolerance to racism or police brutality is systemic. Might want to critically look at other elements in your equation. 

Yes, their behavior was caught on camera. Just like hundreds or thousands of other incidents like this, where police are often never charged and at worse fired. Time and time again there is overwhelming video evidence of police treating people of color as sub-humans, and time and time again they are let off, despite the evidence. The reason we see these high profile cases result in charges and ultimately sentences is because of protests. Saying systemic racism doesn't exist because you can point to one or two times a cop was actually held accountable is right out of the white privilege deniers handbook. But you know that already.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Who is laughing?

28 minutes ago, moxy said:

Yes, their behavior was caught on camera. Just like hundreds or thousands of other incidents like this, where police are often never charged and at worse fired. Time and time again there is overwhelming video evidence of police treating people of color as sub-humans, and time and time again they are let off, despite the evidence. The reason we see these high profile cases result in charges and ultimately sentences is because of protests. Saying systemic racism doesn't exist because you can point to one or two times a cop was actually held accountable is right out of the white privilege deniers handbook. But you know that already.

If hyperbole and a "denier" label slapped on an opposing viewpoint is the best I get, I'm more than confident I'm on the right track. Right now you've given one example, and that one case clearly isn't "systemic", when that person gets arrested+charged, and when incidents like this happen to people of other races as well. You'd have a better case in general concerning police accountability and use of force, the "systemic racism" one doesn't hold water, but it makes for a good cudgel against weak people. Why this is high profile and those are not? Well, "you know that already".. race bait gets attention. So many blacks wind up having negative interactions with police overwhelmingly because of the way they're taught to behave in those interactions. If black lives mattered, blacks would be taught to be more self preserving in these interactions, instead, they're told to behave in ways that are far more likely to end in arrest/physical force, including their own deaths. This, is what's systemic.

I agree that BLM is there to show white privilege.. they demonstrate it regularly with all these white people in it that are shown on video being abusive racists toward black officers, and you almost never see the few blacks, and especially none of the woke whites, around them intervening. Racism is definitely systemic in the "anti-racism" segments of the population.

43 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

If hyperbole and a "denier" label slapped on an opposing viewpoint is the best I get, I'm more than confident I'm on the right track. Right now you've given one example

I gave you literally hundreds if not thousands of examples of police brutality against people of color going unchecked. I'm not here to do the research case-by-case for you. If you're concerned enough about the topic to have an opinion on it, then the research is your job. And if you've concluded that systemic racism doesn't exist, then nothing I say will change your mind.

23 minutes ago, moxy said:

I gave you literally hundreds if not thousands of examples of police brutality against people of color going unchecked. I'm not here to do the research case-by-case for you. If you're concerned enough about the topic to have an opinion on it, then the research is your job. And if you've concluded that systemic racism doesn't exist, then nothing I say will change your mind.

A cute lie, but you literally gave nothing. You just said you weren't going to tell people, that you're not their Wikipedia, and showed a picture of Chauvin/Floyd and said "you don't want to go down that route".. well, I did, and it turns out its you who doesn't. Well there's a shock. 

I've concluded that those saying systemic racism is suddenly a thing haven't demonstrated it at all, and are using every negative interaction between people of two differing races as propaganda because race is a sudden cudgel for them to try and beat others into submission with to advance their own ideas in lieu of convincing others rationally. I've seen evidence that police are far too quick to act aggressively (but not toward any specific race, in fact, studies show police these days are far more likely to avoid confrontation with black people specifically, an irrational reaction that can have ramifications for those who actually need the police), and I've seen evidence that blind subservience to police (or any authority for that matter) unequivocally leads to abuse as no authority can handle unchecked power. That's why you don't see me with ridiculous slogans like "blue lives matter". If the idea was to promote people of color being more successful, unequivocally, attacking police forces in urban regions that have a higher ratio of minorities as some sort of systemic racism, by whites no less, makes no sense whatsoever. They've caused several non-white police chiefs of major cities to quit because of this stupidity -- try to actually read their resignation letters. They try and extend olive branches but get ignored because they're not fodder for destructive movements. Furthermore, the incidents we've seen of racism against minority officers, particularly black officers, by "BLM", is further proof of things we already knew, not only that this movement isn't about helping blacks, but that they are a movement of racism and destruction themselves. 

People knew this several years ago which is why they wanted nothing to do with BLM (the people involved in its inception were involved in domestic terrorism decades ago), but because of political maliciousness becoming normative, especially in the pixel environment, but also the real world, they are now mainstreamed. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

I'm sorry I can't make my position clearer for you. It's probably a failure on my part that I'm not able to simplify my argument further to help you understand.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed for

last_post.png Post Content intended to degrade, intimidate, or incite violence or prejudicial action against a broad demographic or group of people identified by a unifying trait or characteristic (discrimination). For instance, racist or sexist content may be considered hate speech.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I always wonder how this WP/BLM thingy works in places like Chicago and Detroit, and of course there was the issues in Nigeria.

All very confusing

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

18 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I always wonder how this WP/BLM thingy works in places like Chicago and Detroit, and of course there was the issues in Nigeria.

All very confusing

It's not confusing for those of us who actually grew up in ethnically/racially diverse families/cities and so grew up with a cultural colorblindness that this ridiculous left are undermining. Conservatives are probably feeling more swindled because it took a lot of convincing and fighting for them to adopt more of this liberal viewpoint and when they do, the left go unhinged and start doing all this "we love racism, white man bad!" stuff completely (and rapidly) reversing that progress.

Its copy/paste, so, they say the same things there too. There's no originality to it and they hardly have anything in terms of examples, nothing to actually cite to make something seem systemic in a way that befits the white privilege narrative. Between the bored people, the ill-intending ones, and the problem solvers who need to create a problem to (not) solve, there's way too much sudden momentum for this destabilizing stuff.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds