Carlos&Gen

Phased Resumption of Routine Visa Services UPDATED

56 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Tracer6158 said:

So this is the 2nd time today I've read of someone on VJ reporting exciting news...the other news today was a non-plantiff getting a non-expedited interview for K1...one can only hope that the DOS sent out a little email saying let's get these stacks of applications moving.

Yes, many K1s in India had their files moved to embassy. 😃

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [M])

Sent packet: October 21, 2019

USCIS Received package: October 22, 2019
Notification in text/email: October 30, 2019
Mail received from USCIS: November 09, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: May 06, 2020

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Tracer6158 said:

When did this happen?

Today. None of them were plaintiffs.

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [M])

Sent packet: October 21, 2019

USCIS Received package: October 22, 2019
Notification in text/email: October 30, 2019
Mail received from USCIS: November 09, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: May 06, 2020

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
9 hours ago, Tracer6158 said:

So this is the 2nd time today I've read of someone on VJ reporting exciting news...the other news today was a non-plantiff getting a non-expedited interview for K1...one can only hope that the DOS sent out a little email saying let's get these stacks of applications moving.

Do you remember what country they were from? Was it a travel banned country? 👀

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Armenia and Madrid....and after some further exploring, Vietnam and Ireland....all folks that have been waiting a long time...no plaintiffs and no expedited interviews...as you know, if DOS sends an order to begin, even if they don't announce it, we should start seeing more and more stories here on VJ of folks suddenly getting interviews and visa's.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
18 hours ago, NatMar said:

Hey guys,

This is very exciting!! We just received an email from the NVC that our case is in transit to the embassy in Madrid. This is the first movement we've seen since getting our NOA2 back in June. 

Has anyone else seen movement on their cases from Madrid? Any actual k1 issued?

I'm still in awe but very happy!!! (Btw we are not plaintiffs of the lawsuit.)

We got the same yesterday for Madrid's Embassy too!

(not plaintiffs) 

Timeline
22 hours ago, NatMar said:

Hey guys,

This is very exciting!! We just received an email from the NVC that our case is in transit to the embassy in Madrid. This is the first movement we've seen since getting our NOA2 back in June. 

Has anyone else seen movement on their cases from Madrid? Any actual k1 issued?

I'm still in awe but very happy!!! (Btw we are not plaintiffs of the lawsuit.)

Hi!! Really?? That are great news!! Would you please let us know when you are schedule or info requested on your interview?? I am in Madrid too and just wanted to know how much delay or backlog they have!! We filled our case in July 20, will be approved in March 2021!! Hope goes great for you!

Timeline
9 hours ago, lasseventies said:

Hi!! Really?? That are great news!! Would you please let us know when you are schedule or info requested on your interview?? I am in Madrid too and just wanted to know how much delay or backlog they have!! We filled our case in July 20, will be approved in March 2021!! Hope goes great for you!

Of course! Not a problem! We hope that they are scheduling interviews but ill let you know every step. I'm actually going to contact them today to ask for a change of address and see what they say. 

Good luck to you too! It seems that there's light at the end of the tunnel...,😁

Timeline
On 12/9/2020 at 11:49 PM, lasseventies said:

Hi, I am k1 and my case is also in Madrid,  I'm still waiting them to reschedule my interview. (cancelled in March). 

Timeline
1 hour ago, H8393 said:

Hi, I am k1 and my case is also in Madrid,  I'm still waiting them to reschedule my interview. (cancelled in March). 

Wow... would you please post whenever you get reschedule?? It looks like there will be a year of backlog whenever they resume visa operations... thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.