Burnt Reynolds

2020 Election Thread

762 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Susan Collins is actually going to hold her seat in Maine. It's looking much more likely that Republicans maintain the Senate. If Biden wins this, it's going to be interesting what happens on judges, and legislation.

There will be no packing the SCOTUS with additional justices.

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Hissy fit, what are you talking about? The media has been in the bag for Biden the whole dang time and they are still censoring him. They kept calling some states even though the final vote hasn't come in yet, while other states like my own NC haven't been called yet

He is basically completely distorting reality. He is saying they are stealing the election with some fraud with no evidence. Everyone knew it was going to take time to count the absentee ballots especially in PA, MI and WI.

Its funny that he wants them to stop counting in those states where he was "ahead" but not in Arizona where he said there was lots of life.

At the end of the day the votes are going to be counted and who ever wins will win but for him to suggest he has already won and they are taking it away from him is a joke.

18 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

Well, at least there will be no packing the SCOTUS..........

I figured of the three most likely GOP seats that could be flipped, Collins had the best shot of holding it. Both Senate elections in Georgia are probably going to be decided in January, I'd expect Republicans to win one or both. The possibility of losing both and having the Senate be Democrat (via Kamala) is there but odds are ridiculously small.

Of course, getting ahead of myself as Trump can still win here. 

10 minutes ago, designguy said:

He is basically completely distorting reality. He is saying they are stealing the election with some fraud with no evidence. Everyone knew it was going to take time to count the absentee ballots especially in PA, MI and WI.

Its funny that he wants them to stop counting in those states where he was "ahead" but not in Arizona where he said there was lots of life.

At the end of the day the votes are going to be counted and who ever wins will win but for him to suggest he has already won and they are taking it away from him is a joke.

There's already been proof of fraud, particularly in states like PA in numerous counties. The only thing is "how much" fraud? Can't be proven it's enough to be meaningful (yet) in any race, but really everyone was expecting Trump would say what he said. Calling it a hissy fit implies you were't expecting it.

On the note of that, of all the things to say about wacky Florida, it's how impressive their elections went, very robust (quick counts, quick results, of a state much larger than these other ones).. especially in contrast to the states we see that have (whether deliberate or not) made their elections a complete mess (looking at you WI, PA, GA, AZ). Aside of a few bumps (that are going to be dealt with in court still) I think Texas went well too. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

was expecting Trump would say what he said. Calling it a hissy fit implies you were't expecting it.

On the note of that, of all the things to say about wacky Florida, it's how impressive their elections went.. especially in light of the states we see that have (whether deliberate or not) made their elections a complete mess (looking at you WI, PA, GA).

Oh I expected it haha. In regards to states with the late counts would you agree that they should have allowed the states to start processing the absentee ballots prior to election day?

Edited by designguy

5 minutes ago, designguy said:

Oh I expected it haha. In regards to states with the late counts would you agree that they should have allowed the states to start processing the absentee ballots prior to election day?

With the right safeguards, absolutely. We saw that benefit last night. Many of these problems could've been overcome by better rules, not having state courts make last minute rulings changing things, or by people electing those that don't seem to have a vested interest in election fraud or voter suppression. To me they are the causes of messes like this. 2000 comes to mind as well (my first election). 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Timeline
1 minute ago, Cheburashka34 said:

When are we to expect the states to ever be called? It's exasperating

MI, NV, and WI. possibly today. PA probably not till friday. But we should hopefully have someone with 270 by today. The way things are looking its highly likely Biden will take MI, NV, and WI which would give him enough

23 minutes ago, designguy said:

I am not distorting reality at all. I am simply looking at the numbers especially with the state I live in. 

Just now, designguy said:

MI, NV, and WI. possibly today. PA probably not till friday. But we should hopefully have someone with 270 by today. The way things are looking its highly likely Biden will take MI, NV, and WI which would give him enough

NV said tomorrow according to MSNBC

Timeline
Just now, Cyberfx1024 said:

I am not distorting reality at all. I am simply looking at the numbers especially with the state I live in. 

Sorry I was saying Trump (not you) was distorting reality by claiming he already won :)

6 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

I was flipping network channels all eve and didn't hear what Townhall reported:  Arizona Gov. Ducey is quite displeased that his state was called when not all the votes were counted.

Regarding my earlier prediction of a Trumpslide, I was wrong, and NB might be most accurate with his pessimistic forecast.

I'm going to drop everything on Wed. to listen to Rush.

So what do you make of Trump winning Zapata county? 

1 minute ago, designguy said:

Sorry I was saying Trump (not you) was distorting reality by claiming he already won :)

I think he is just trying to have some optimism and that's why he did it. He got censored on Twitter for saying that 

Timeline
Just now, Cyberfx1024 said:

I think he is just trying to have some optimism and that's why he did it. He got censored on Twitter for saying that 

Optimism would be to say they have a path to victory (which they do and is what Pence said). To say they already won and that its going to be taken away from them is just a lie and there are a lot of people who are going to believe him. It doest help anyone to do that

11 minutes ago, designguy said:

Optimism would be to say they have a path to victory (which they do and is what Pence said). To say they already won and that its going to be taken away from them is just a lie and there are a lot of people who are going to believe him. It doest help anyone to do that

You just put more thought into what Trump said than Trump did before he said it.

That is probably the most frustrating thing about him.

7 minutes ago, designguy said:

Everyone says they're the best and they're going to win. This is just a persona driven issue.