Greenbaum

NOVEMBER 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

254 posts in this topic

The P3 for our embassy says they will contact when they receive the case from NVC. See: https://kh.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/packet-3-forms-instruction-k-visa/

I'm not sure how they could do since there's no regular mail service in Cambodia. It also hints at waiting until the embassy receives the mail from NVC to even file the DS-180. At least as I how read it.

Is that right?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have had my NVC case number for a few weeks. My CEAC tracker says "AT NVC" and there is no case created or case updated date. Will this stay at "AT NVC" until they eventually (probably not for a long time 😔) send it to the consulate and then the status will change to "Ready"?

NOA1- March 27th

💕

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, SydneyfMaghrib said:

I have had my NVC case number for a few weeks. My CEAC tracker says "AT NVC" and there is no case created or case updated date. Will this stay at "AT NVC" until they eventually (probably not for a long time 😔) send it to the consulate and then the status will change to "Ready"?

That is correct. You can call and get your NVC and Invoice number. Once the the NVC sends your case to the consulate it will say "In Transit". Once the consulate receives its then it changes to "Ready". 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Our case is now finally at the consulate. We've paid the fees and are just waiting for the consulate to give us the green light to schedule our interview. There are a lot of cases before us since our consulate stopped processing K1s in March. So they are working on those first. I think the first set of interviews are in January. In the meantime we are gathering our documents and my fiancé is preparing for the interview. I pray its within the next couple of months

3 hours ago, SydneyfMaghrib said:

I invite you to download the PDF on the first page first post of this thread. All the instructions and "next steps" are outlined with links to forms, embassies and other whatnot.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello All!

I'm looking to see if anyone can provide a bit of clarification on the order of things. We received our NOA2 dated Nov 25 and I was able to contact the NVC to get my case and invoice number on Dec 28th. I was looking through the tip sheet at the beginning of the forum and it looks like the next step is the DS160 and gathering the necessary documents for the P3. I was able to locate the P3 online for the Montreal Embassy which gives us the list of things to do, and from what I can tell, by clicking around on the CAEC website, we could submit the DS160 as we have our NVC case number. However, currently the case is reading "At NVC" I know that some patience is going to be necessary for the case to get forwarded to Montreal as many people are sitting at the "At NVC" stage for months. I'd like to see if while we wait, we can submit the DS160 and get the other documents in order, or, do we need to wait for it to show as "Ready" on the CAEC status.

All the best!

Michael (Patiently in love :rolleyes:)

9 hours ago, MG & DC said:

Hello All!

I'm looking to see if anyone can provide a bit of clarification on the order of things. We received our NOA2 dated Nov 25 and I was able to contact the NVC to get my case and invoice number on Dec 28th. I was looking through the tip sheet at the beginning of the forum and it looks like the next step is the DS160 and gathering the necessary documents for the P3. I was able to locate the P3 online for the Montreal Embassy which gives us the list of things to do, and from what I can tell, by clicking around on the CAEC website, we could submit the DS160 as we have our NVC case number. However, currently the case is reading "At NVC" I know that some patience is going to be necessary for the case to get forwarded to Montreal as many people are sitting at the "At NVC" stage for months. I'd like to see if while we wait, we can submit the DS160 and get the other documents in order, or, do we need to wait for it to show as "Ready" on the CAEC status.

All the best!

Michael (Patiently in love :rolleyes:)

Yes, you can complete the DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application just as the PDF states. NVC does not display a "Ready" condition only the embassy can do that. When your file is received at the embassy, they will trip the "Ready" condition at CEAC. Read the P3 carefully for Montreal as they do things differently from other embassies. They work off a P3 and P4 system. Follow that closely so you avoid any delays.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, Silwal said:

@Greenbaum just curious, do you have a P3 for Nepal?  Thank you for all your help

I don't have the letter but I do have the link to their information. Apply for a U.S. Visa | Schedule My Appointment - Nepal (English) (ustraveldocs.com)

If you find anything not up to date or the information is wrong, please share your findings. Please compare the date of the P3 of mine with the date from your copy, once you receive yours from your embassy. Keep in mind that I try and be factual with my information, but I can't do it on my own and that's where you come in and can give back to the community those who come behind you. Without others ahead of you I would not be able to provide this to you.  I can only share factual information if folks like you continue to be my eyes and ears for your embassy. I wish you much success in your visa journey. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I don't have the letter but I do have the link to their information. Apply for a U.S. Visa | Schedule My Appointment - Nepal (English) (ustraveldocs.com)

If you find anything not up to date or the information is wrong, please share your findings. Please compare the date of the P3 of mine with the date from your copy, once you receive yours from your embassy. Keep in mind that I try and be factual with my information, but I can't do it on my own and that's where you come in and can give back to the community those who come behind you. Without others ahead of you I would not be able to provide this to you.  I can only share factual information if folks like you continue to be my eyes and ears for your embassy. I wish you much success in your visa journey. 

Thank you very much. I will make sure to update once I have my P3. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Any updates on NVC?

Mine still at NVC... :(

K1/K2

March 16, 2020 - sent I-129f to Dallas Lockbox via USPS

March 19, 2020 - USCIS received I-129f application

March 25, 2020 - got sms text from USCIS receipt notice NOA1

March 30, 2020 - received NOA1 hard copy

November 5, 2020NOA2 from USCIS Case Status Site

November 9, 2020 - received NOA2 hard copy

December 1, 2020 - got Case Number by calling NVC

March 18, 2022 - Case IN-TRANSIT

March 22, 2022 - Case READY

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

We called NVC right after christmas to see if they had our case number, and they told us while they received our case, they were still working on it. 

Today we got an email with our case number and an in transit to consulate notice. 

Super excited. Would it be okay to fill out DS160 and pay the fee now?

129-F During COVID Times

March 7, 2020: 129F packet sent from Seattle, WA to Texas

March 10, 2020: USCIS receives packet (Receipt Date)

March 13, 2020: Received NOA1 hardcopy from USCIS (Notice Date)

November 24, 2020: Case approved (online tracker and USCIS website)

December 4, 2020: Received NOA2 hardcopy from USCIS

December 16, 2020: NVC receives our case

January 5, 2021: Case "In-Transit" to Taipei, Taiwan embassy/consulate

January 8, 2021: Arrived at American Institute in Taiwan

January 11, 2021: Received call from AIT and received E-Packet 3

February 18, 2021: Interview (Approved)

February 18 - March 3, 2021: CEAC "Administrative Processing"

March 3, 2021: Case "Issued"

March 6, 2021: Visa On Hand, but petitioner name misspelled on K1 visa, sent back for reissue

March 11, 2021: "Issued" and received passport with correct K1 visa

March 17, 2021: Enter the US via Seattle, WA

April 11, 2021: Got married!

AOS During COVID Times

April 30, 2021: AOS/EAD/AP packet sent to Chicago Lockbox

May 3, 2021: Received 3 separate NOA1s via text

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 minutes ago, jess.y said:

We called NVC right after christmas to see if they had our case number, and they told us while they received our case, they were still working on it. 

Today we got an email with our case number and an in transit to consulate notice. 

Super excited. Would it be okay to fill out DS160 and pay the fee now?

Congratulations! 

8 hours ago, jess.y said:

We called NVC right after Christmas to see if they had our case number, and they told us while they received our case, they were still working on it. Today we got an email with our case number and an in transit to consulate notice. Super excited. Would it be okay to fill out DS160 and pay the fee now?

Yes, you can begin to complete the DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. This is a question that always gets asked once the petitioner gets the case number and so I have answered it in the PDF from the first page. Please refer to it for any additional questions as I authored the PDF to help you to save time and to also answer the "what's next" question.

Congratulations! Your well on your way to your visa. Good luck and stay engaged in the process. 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.