785 posts in this topic

On 2/22/2022 at 9:34 AM, Spikee said:

I don't want to put anyone down, but my friend and I has been DQ'd for EB3 since June and July 2021 respectively and we still haven't got our IL, both of us are UAE residents. We only receive the every 60 days e-mail from NVC informing us that no appointments are available and that they will let us know once one is available. Also, on this group there are some IR1s and EB2s who's been DQ'd since 2020 ☹️

Nevertheless, I'm noticing that the interviews are starting to progress faster than 2021 but apparently Abu Dhabi embassy's backlog and queue is a long one that I'm starting to realize that a 24 months ID is becoming the norm for immigrant visas. I've also filed for expedite request since December,2021 with no response so far.

I hope it progresses much faster for everyone here & please keep updating us on DQ times, ILs & IDs for different visa categories whenever possible.

Hi Spikee

How to file for expedite request for interview in Abu Dhabi. I go DQed in Nov 2021 for EB1A and still waiting :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

two posts removed for links outside of vj.
do not repost those links again.

charles
vj moderation

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2023 at 7:07 PM, mikey_ said:

F4 Visa from Iran, non-resident, finally got our interview date.

Priority Date: August 2006

Documentarily Qualified: January 2021

Interview Letter Received: April 2023

Interview Date: June 2023

That's a wait of over 2 years and 3 months for our interview date.

In case anyone was wondering, F4 Visas are low priority visas, maybe the lowest? And this low priority does definitely affect getting an interview date as well.

Other higher priority visas that were DQ'd much later than us got interview dates much earlier due to their higher priority.

you are absolutely right I am DQ Nov 2020 and still waiting for IL..F4 priority date July 2007...they should take atleast few cases of F4 also.

6 hours ago, Shah1969 said:

I am DQ Nov 2020 and still waiting for IL..F4 priority date July 2007

Your PD is not current.  F4 PD on the June 2023 visa bulletin is April 2007.  You won't get an IL until after your PD becomes current on the visa bulletin.  It doesn't matter even if your case is already DQ.

• 2 weeks later...

Our DQ is September 2022. we are still waiting for the visa interview to be scheduled by abu dhabi embassy. (8 months now ) 

Anyone has updates to share on expected wait times for F2A? (Spouse of resident) 

37 minutes ago, Farah E.H said:

Our DQ is September 2022. we are still waiting for the visa interview to be scheduled by abu dhabi embassy. (8 months now ) 

Anyone has updates to share on expected wait times for F2A? (Spouse of resident) 

What is your Priority Date? It doesn’t look as though it’s current from your timeline? 

8 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

What is your Priority Date? It doesn’t look as though it’s current from your timeline? 

If it's the one on the i130 form it was 11 November 2021. What does that mean though? 

14 minutes ago, Farah E.H said:

If it's the one on the i130 form it was 11 November 2021. What does that mean though? 

See the post above your first one, same situation for you unfortunately. It means you can’t have an interview scheduled yet as there is no visa available for you. The current date in this months Visa Bulletin for F2A is 08 Sept 2020.

Good luck, hope it doesn’t take too long for your date to become current.  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2023/visa-bulletin-for-june-2023.html

Edited by appleblossom

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, does anyone here interviewed in Abu Dhabi last year 2022 who got 'Refused' status because of Administrative Processing and after 1 year, the status changed to 'Expiring Soon'.

I am really worried now because I have been waiting for any email instruction but I haven't received anything. I even tried to send an email to AD US embassy but only an auto-reply email has been received. 

I am hoping that someone will advise me on what to do and share their experience. Really much appreciated.

image.png.77018540ee113dd6f574881e1dba8264.png

1 hour ago, joyc13 said:

Hi, does anyone here interviewed in Abu Dhabi last year 2022 who got 'Refused' status because of Administrative Processing and after 1 year, the status changed to 'Expiring Soon'.

I am really worried now because I have been waiting for any email instruction but I haven't received anything. I even tried to send an email to AD US embassy but only an auto-reply email has been received. 

I am hoping that someone will advise me on what to do and share their experience. Really much appreciated.

Edited by joyc13

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, omur said:

Hi I am from Afghanistan but i am UAE resident DQ i-130 I am waiting for my interview for 4 months and 15 days I want to know how long more dose it takes for NVC to schedule my interview for Abu Dhabi embassy 

As you can see from the previous responses in this thread, people have been waiting a lot longer. But you've not said who is sponsoring you? If you can fill your timeline then it will help people give you more accurate answers when you ask questions.

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.