Greenbaum

OCTOBER 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

593 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Update to the October crowd, I'm a WAC219-er late Sept filer (Sep 28) and just got my RFE update on Friday. We'll see when I get the mail telling me what I need to do. Looks like y'all should be up soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

image.thumb.png.024d9445df1bb772a257b3d84c2c0114.png

Here's the round-up from the last week. I realized I missed 36 cases from the last manual data pull, and those have now been added. I also added a column to the far right to indicate how much change we've seen in Pending cases from the last time I pulled the data. Negative numbers are good because it means USICIS is working through that batch!

We're definitely seeing some movement now in the beginning of the month, but those are mostly RFEs. Let's hope we start to see some real progress this coming week! 

K-1 Timeline                                                                                                                                               AOS + EAD/AP Timeline

I-129F Sent: 2020-10-10                                                                                                                            I-485, I-765, and I-131 Sent: 2021-12-20

I-129F Delivered / NOA1: 2020-10-19 (9 days)                                                                                      I-485, I-765, and I-131 Delivered: 2021-12-22 (2 days)

I-129F Payment Processed: 2020-11-11 (23 days)                                                                               I-485, I-765, and I-131 Payment Processed: 2021-12-23 (1 day)

I-129F Text Received : 2020-11-12 (1 day)                                                                                             I-485, I-765, and I-131 NOA1: 2021-12-24 (1 day)

I-129F NOA2: 2021-05-21 (6 months and 9 days)                                                                                I-485, I-765, and I-131 Text Received: 2021-12-26 (2 days)

NVC Received & Case # Assigned: 2021-06-11 (21 days)                                                                  I-485 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled: 2021-12-29 (3 days)

NVC Left: 2021-08-31 (2 months and 20 days)                                                                                     I-485 RFE Received (I-864 proof of income): 2022-01-04 (6 days)

London Consulate Received: 2021-09-03 (3 days)                                                                               I-485 RFE Response Sent/Received (online): 2022-01-11 (7 days)

London Medical: 2021-09-30 (27 days) / Results Sent: 2021-10-06 (6 days post-medical)         I-485 Biometrics Appointment: 2022-01-25 (14 days)

London Interview (approved pending medical results): 2021-10-08 (8 days)                                  I-485 2nd Biometrics Appointment Scheduled: 2022-02-26 (32 days)

K1 Visa Received: 2021-10-18 (10 days)                                                                                               I-485 2nd Biometrics Appointment Re-Scheduled: 2022-03-05 (7 days)

Entered US at LAX: 2021-10-31 (13 days)                                                                                              I-485 2nd Biometrics Appointment: 2022-03-28 (23 days)

Married in CA: 2021-12-09 (39 days)                                                                                                      I-765 Approved: 2022-06-10 (74 days)

I-765 Received: 2022-06-17 (7 days)

I-485 Interview Waived: 2022-07-13 [according to USCIS Live Agent]

I-485 RFE Received (I-693 new medical): 2022-12-15

I-485 RFE Response Sent/Received (in person): 2023-01-18

I-485 Approved: 2023-01-27

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
10 hours ago, JL & JT said:

image.thumb.png.024d9445df1bb772a257b3d84c2c0114.png

Here's the round-up from the last week. I realized I missed 36 cases from the last manual data pull, and those have now been added. I also added a column to the far right to indicate how much change we've seen in Pending cases from the last time I pulled the data. Negative numbers are good because it means USICIS is working through that batch!

We're definitely seeing some movement now in the beginning of the month, but those are mostly RFEs. Let's hope we start to see some real progress this coming week! 

thank you so much for taking time. could you please tell me what the 2 coloum means on the left side on the title it says ''earliest date received '' and last date received '' which one consider the notice date for applicants

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all are doing good and at least coping better than me in regards with waiting for an update from the USCIS.

I am new to this group and reading the comments on here made me feel a little bit hopeful.

Do you guys think that the October filers have a good chance to receive feedback during May 2021?

I also have a question regarding the receipt date. Our application was filed on the 30th of October 2020 but and received an online reciept notice with our case number, but the USCIS only received our documents physically on 25 January 2021.

I am however confused as to which date the USCIS will honor in order for us to know if we are 6 months into the process or only 3 months. I hope that someone would be able to put my mind at ease on this situation.

Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, macorbin said:

thank you so much for taking time. could you please tell me what the 2 coloum means on the left side on the title it says ''earliest date received '' and last date received '' which one consider the notice date for applicants

Of course! Together, the columns represent the range of NOA1 dates from that batch of 500. For example, from 2500-2999, the receipt dates are between Sep 30-Oct 1. Normally, the range is quite small, but as you get later in the month, you can see a big variety. This is when the lockbox NOA1 delays really began, and the data begins to look weird.

K-1 Timeline                                                                                                                                               AOS + EAD/AP Timeline

I-129F Sent: 2020-10-10                                                                                                                            I-485, I-765, and I-131 Sent: 2021-12-20

I-129F Delivered / NOA1: 2020-10-19 (9 days)                                                                                      I-485, I-765, and I-131 Delivered: 2021-12-22 (2 days)

I-129F Payment Processed: 2020-11-11 (23 days)                                                                               I-485, I-765, and I-131 Payment Processed: 2021-12-23 (1 day)

I-129F Text Received : 2020-11-12 (1 day)                                                                                             I-485, I-765, and I-131 NOA1: 2021-12-24 (1 day)

I-129F NOA2: 2021-05-21 (6 months and 9 days)                                                                                I-485, I-765, and I-131 Text Received: 2021-12-26 (2 days)

NVC Received & Case # Assigned: 2021-06-11 (21 days)                                                                  I-485 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled: 2021-12-29 (3 days)

NVC Left: 2021-08-31 (2 months and 20 days)                                                                                     I-485 RFE Received (I-864 proof of income): 2022-01-04 (6 days)

London Consulate Received: 2021-09-03 (3 days)                                                                               I-485 RFE Response Sent/Received (online): 2022-01-11 (7 days)

London Medical: 2021-09-30 (27 days) / Results Sent: 2021-10-06 (6 days post-medical)         I-485 Biometrics Appointment: 2022-01-25 (14 days)

London Interview (approved pending medical results): 2021-10-08 (8 days)                                  I-485 2nd Biometrics Appointment Scheduled: 2022-02-26 (32 days)

K1 Visa Received: 2021-10-18 (10 days)                                                                                               I-485 2nd Biometrics Appointment Re-Scheduled: 2022-03-05 (7 days)

Entered US at LAX: 2021-10-31 (13 days)                                                                                              I-485 2nd Biometrics Appointment: 2022-03-28 (23 days)

Married in CA: 2021-12-09 (39 days)                                                                                                      I-765 Approved: 2022-06-10 (74 days)

I-765 Received: 2022-06-17 (7 days)

I-485 Interview Waived: 2022-07-13 [according to USCIS Live Agent]

I-485 RFE Received (I-693 new medical): 2022-12-15

I-485 RFE Response Sent/Received (in person): 2023-01-18

I-485 Approved: 2023-01-27

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Melissa_M said:

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all are doing good and at least coping better than me in regards with waiting for an update from the USCIS.

I am new to this group and reading the comments on here made me feel a little bit hopeful.

Do you guys think that the October filers have a good chance to receive feedback during May 2021?

I also have a question regarding the receipt date. Our application was filed on the 30th of October 2020 but and received an online reciept notice with our case number, but the USCIS only received our documents physically on 25 January 2021.

I am however confused as to which date the USCIS will honor in order for us to know if we are 6 months into the process or only 3 months. I hope that someone would be able to put my mind at ease on this situation.

Thank you.

What date did they put on your NOA-1? It should have been backdated to when they received the case...probably sometime in November? Also you are 6 months into the process. 

Edited by J&D1008

Timeline
6 hours ago, J&D1008 said:

What date did they put on your NOA-1? It should have been backdated to when they received the case...probably sometime in November? Also you are 6 months into the process. 

I am not sure :(as I am the beneficiary and our Attorney does not respond to my emails only that he will get back to me when the time comes, very frustrating situation, because I would like to get as much paperwork ready on my side except for the medical exam and police clearance, but hearing that we are 6 months in the process feels like a relief, thank you very much. 

I will try and find out what the backdated date is on our NOA1, since we are 6 months in would we be able to follow up on our case once the 10/30/2020 is before the receipt date for case inquiry or will that be where the date comes to play on our NOA1? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, Melissa_M said:

I am not sure :(as I am the beneficiary and our Attorney does not respond to my emails only that he will get back to me when the time comes, very frustrating situation, because I would like to get as much paperwork ready on my side except for the medical exam and police clearance, but hearing that we are 6 months in the process feels like a relief, thank you very much. 

I will try and find out what the backdated date is on our NOA1, since we are 6 months in would we be able to follow up on our case once the 10/30/2020 is before the receipt date for case inquiry or will that be where the date comes to play on our NOA1? 

Just small advice, you need to remind the attorney that they work for you, not the other way around. I don't mean to sound harsh, it's only that I've seen this situation before. Main thing is to be on top them. Best of luck to you and your fiance 🙌

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, Melissa_M said:

I am not sure if you have access to the receipt # that USCIS issued but you can always query that receipt # on the USCIS website under "case status."  See my below screenshot of my case status online (date and case # erased)  Red = where the case # is, Green = where the receipt date and where the clock starts is.  So even if you do not have the form I-797, you can at least see your true receipt date, rather than the date they created the case. (at that time a few months later than receipt)  You all also get to see why I am in IT rather than a mouse drawing artist.

image.thumb.png.d1ad44e52671592f45a03f0b228de6c9.png

Timeline
14 hours ago, Lu & Ni said:

Just small advice, you need to remind the attorney that they work for you, not the other way around. I don't mean to sound harsh, it's only that I've seen this situation before. Main thing is to be on top them. Best of luck to you and your fiance 🙌

Thank you, my fiance is also struggling to ge feedback from the Attorney since the beggining even, but my fiance has other stress related issues happening right now so I am trying to have direct contact with the Attorney instead of constantly via my fiance. I am trying to stay on it. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Keithn85 said:

I am not sure if you have access to the receipt # that USCIS issued but you can always query that receipt # on the USCIS website under "case status."  See my below screenshot of my case status online (date and case # erased)  Red = where the case # is, Green = where the receipt date and where the clock starts is.  So even if you do not have the form I-797, you can at least see your true receipt date, rather than the date they created the case. (at that time a few months later than receipt)  You all also get to see why I am in IT rather than a mouse drawing artist.

image.thumb.png.d1ad44e52671592f45a03f0b228de6c9.png

Screenshot_20210504-165854_Gallery.jpg

Timeline
Just now, Melissa_M said:

Screenshot_20210504-165854_Gallery.jpg

I have access to the online updates (see screenshot), but that is where the dates got me confused and I hope the I-797 also says 30 October 2020.

Don't stress my mouse drawing skills is not on point either lol 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Melissa_M said:

I have access to the online updates (see screenshot), but that is where the dates got me confused and I hope the I-797 also says 30 October 2020.

Don't stress my mouse drawing skills is not on point either lol 

Your NOA-1 is October 30th. Forget about the January date! Your NOA-2 should be coming within the next month!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.