Chelleyandaaron

i-751 October 2020 filers

1,291 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
42 minutes ago, mcfarljw said:

Not yet and I hope that doesn't become an issue. I somehow dismissed and therefore missed my calendar reminder back in August so we are filing a bit later than intended. The current card doesn't expire until 11/5/2020 so there'd still be some time to try once more (though still less than I'd like) if absolutely needed to submit again if they flat out reject it. Hopefully they just accept it and everything goes smoothly or at the very least get an RFE for something as that's at least timestamped in the system within the 90 day window.

Our earliest file date was 08/20/2020.  The Green card expires 11/20/2020. But we missed our calendar event reminder too..so it just got mailed today..10/19.    Sent usps overnight for 48$ today but not cause I wanted to... Iol .post office out of flat rate envelopes...shake my head! Good luck to you guys.. I think the postmark is the date they go by right? Not the day they finally decided to mark it received.?

Edited by WanderingSouls

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
29 minutes ago, WanderingSouls said:

Sent our packet today. They were "OUT" of flat rate legal envelopes at my USPS..had to use the $26 envelope which when I got to counter was actually 48$ OMG..How is the post office out of their own envelopes? I'm so stressed about having enough evidence I didn't wanna not mail it..so like a sucker paid the 48.90 for 24hr delivery..smh! out of envelopes......SMH!

I ordered my Legal Flat Rate Envelope online and got it a couple of weeks before today...

Hope these $48 will be the biggest lost of your life )) Good luck!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13RCTakDzgWAidVNgroLIjgVsgg4RpMhvHo531eS0S0M/edit#gid=0

Edited by Natalia & Igor

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
11 minutes ago, WanderingSouls said:

Sent usps overnight for 48$ today but not cause I wanted to... Iol .post office out of flat rate envelopes

Well on the plus side them getting it earlier this week will just decrease the amount of time you have to wait for some kind of response which probably means less prolonged stress. I mailed it standard priority both times but from where I live it takes 3-4 days and it always arrived at like 9pm on Friday.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, philipsTD said:

Hello, quick question,

if you are sending in joint tax returns, are you sending in the whole return? (sometimes 100+pages per one?)

thanks

I'm fairly sure USCIS says  "complete" tax reutrn. We sent full returns minus all the receipts....just the completed irs tax forms .  If I'm wrong someone will let us know shortly.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, philipsTD said:

if you are sending in joint tax returns, are you sending in the whole return?

We just sent the shorter several paged transcript that included both of our names and other details.

Just now, mcfarljw said:

We just sent the shorter several paged transcript that included both of our names and other details.

I did the same, it was about 4 pages each transcript

Removal of Conditions

CIS Office : Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 2020-10-16

NOA Date : 2020-10-30

New Card Ordered: 2021-06-15

Fingerprints Taken (reused) Date: 2021-06-15

Approval / Denial Date : 2021-06-15

Approved : Yes

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

Date Filed : 2017-11-11

NOA Date : 2017-11-18

RFE(s) : 2018-01-05

Bio. Appt. : 2017-11-29

Interview Date : 2019-01-02

Approval / Denial Date : 2019-01-05

Approved : Yes

GC Received: 2019-01-11

Timeline
8 minutes ago, mcfarljw said:

Well on the plus side them getting it earlier this week will just decrease the amount of time you have to wait for some kind of response which probably means less prolonged stress. I mailed it standard priority both times but from where I live it takes 3-4 days and it always arrived at like 9pm on Friday.

Yeah the extra cash was worth ending the waiting soner..rather pay extra than wait at that point.

Edited by WanderingSouls

Timeline
17 minutes ago, WanderingSouls said:

I'm fairly sure USCIS says  "complete" tax reutrn. We sent full returns minus all the receipts....just the completed irs tax forms .  If I'm wrong someone will let us know shortly.

They do say "complete" in the i-751 instructions. A quick Google search links back to VJ which seems to suggest that just the tax return transcripts are enough unless there might be some special circumstances. When I logged into the IRS website to download them it asked for a reason and I chose immigration which recommended the return transcripts if that helps.

Edited by mcfarljw

7 hours ago, KimchiLumpia said:

Below is the link to the Visa Journey guide for I-751 removal of conditions:
https://www.visajourney.com/guides/removing-conditions-permanent-residency/

Below is the USCIS link on information regarding how to file your I-751, instructions, forms, fee info, etc:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-751

Reference both, and you'll have everything covered.  Its pretty straight forward.

Good luck on your removal of conditions petition!

We were from the same Aug 2017 of AOS and Seattle filler! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I am frustrated and worried now. I have mailed out my packages of I-751 on September 28, 2020 by USPS priority mail and it was delivered on October 3, 2020 with signature confirmation upon delivery. However, so far I still haven't heard anything from USCIS, no text message, no receipt, no extension letter and my check was not cashed either. I have called USCIS customer service twice, but each time the agent told me that my application was not in the system yet and there is nothing they can do to help me. I am wondering what is going on with my application package and why it takes so long to get back to me. I have another concern: my conditional green card is going to expire on November 6, 2020. If I still do not receive the receipt or the extension letter by that time, will I be out of status? I think I should not be responsible for this bad thing if this really happens. Because this is not my fault since I mailed out my package and was delivered within the 90 days window. Fortunately I obtained the proof of delivery from USPS. The proof of delivery shows clearly that my package was delivered to P.O. Box 21200 Phoenix, AZ 85036 on October 3, which is the correct filing address and someone also signed when my package was delivered. 

8 hours ago, debbietvxq said:

I am frustrated and worried now. I have mailed out my packages of I-751 on September 28, 2020 by USPS priority mail and it was delivered on October 3, 2020 with signature confirmation upon delivery. However, so far I still haven't heard anything from USCIS, no text message, no receipt, no extension letter and my check was not cashed either. I have called USCIS customer service twice, but each time the agent told me that my application was not in the system yet and there is nothing they can do to help me. I am wondering what is going on with my application package and why it takes so long to get back to me. I have another concern: my conditional green card is going to expire on November 6, 2020. If I still do not receive the receipt or the extension letter by that time, will I be out of status? I think I should not be responsible for this bad thing if this really happens. Because this is not my fault since I mailed out my package and was delivered within the 90 days window. Fortunately I obtained the proof of delivery from USPS. The proof of delivery shows clearly that my package was delivered to P.O. Box 21200 Phoenix, AZ 85036 on October 3, which is the correct filing address and someone also signed when my package was delivered. 

Possible rejection?  When did you download the Form I-751?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
9 hours ago, debbietvxq said:

17 days in not time to panic. Just wait a little longer. Not uncommon for people to wait a month. Just how it is sometimes. 

11 hours ago, debbietvxq said:

Ours was recieved on 10-2 and finally today 10- 20 they charged the CC. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

17 days in not time to panic. Just wait a little longer. Not uncommon for people to wait a month. Just how it is sometimes. 

Your words make me feel less nervous. Thank you for your kind reply!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.