97 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, jamesbond123 said:

I searched the forum and didn't find anyone women getting 5535. most were male who had travel history. do you mind sharing those posts?

Not everyone is a member of VJ.  Might need to expand your search to Google for reports elsewhere.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
12 hours ago, jamesbond123 said:

I searched the forum and didn't find anyone women getting 5535. most were male who had travel history. do you mind sharing those 

This is the old thread you'll find more here.  You can also search through members as well.  In addition there are whstsapp groups for those who received ds5535.  I've left them but you may find members on here that can help get you in.

Timeline
On 9/22/2020 at 7:30 AM, Ahmed&Freda said:

This is the old thread you'll find more here.  You can also search through members as well.  In addition there are whstsapp groups for those who received ds5535.  I've left them but you may find members on here that can help get you in.

got passport back today. No visa

I have searched those topics. There is no way to search within a topic? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, jamesbond123 said:

got passport back today. No visa

I have searched those topics. There is no way to search within a topic? 

I don't know of a way to search within a topic.  There is an advanced search but I don't always have luck with it.  Sometimes I would spend hours reading through threads for information.  I don't think its that many pages from the beginning where you will see women who have received the questionnaire.  First few are from Morocco then you'll see from Pakistan.  You can try reaching out to them for the outcome.  I wish more people came back to update the status of their case.  It would help others going through the process.

Timeline
On 9/23/2020 at 10:42 AM, Ahmed&Freda said:

I don't know of a way to search within a topic.  There is an advanced search but I don't always have luck with it.  Sometimes I would spend hours reading through threads for information.  I don't think its that many pages from the beginning where you will see women who have received the questionnaire.  First few are from Morocco then you'll see from Pakistan.  You can try reaching out to them for the outcome.  I wish more people came back to update the status of their case.  It would help others going through the process.

I got reply back from congressman office that embassy said our case is undergoing necessary admin processing & don’t have time limit in when it will be done

What should we do now? Our medical expire soon & we have the passport. don’t know why we got DS5535. Only 3 days travel shouldn’t be a issue

Edited by jamesbond123

9 hours ago, jamesbond123 said:

I got reply back from congressman office that embassy said our case is undergoing necessary admin processing & don’t have time limit in when it will be done

What should we do now? Our medical expire soon & we have the passport. don’t know why we got DS5535. Only 3 days travel shouldn’t be a issue

All you can do is wait..you will continue to get the same generic response until it’s actually completed,  because there is NO way to expedite the process. 

we are in the same situation now...In contact with a senator and everything as well. They can’t do anything except for make inquiries that usually get them a little more detail on the process. Worst case is if you wait more than 6 months you can file a lawsuit against the agencies through an attorney called a Writ Of Mandamus to POSSIBLY help speed up the process (not guaranteed and very costly).

Even though you think that since your wife is a female or hasn’t traveled she won’t get one and just has a right to get one without any question. the US checks all their P’s and Q’s for anyone. The reason they ask for her relatives Names is also to do checks on them because in the future she will also be able to sponsor them to come to the US. Her brothers, father, etc...

Regardless of her getting a DS 5355 she still has to undergo a security check/back ground check like every other man and woman in every other country. Some places just take longer or DS 5355S are issued as an excuse just to give them more time to do more research on Arabs or Muslims or people who have traveled to or lived in predominantly Muslim countries...OR they want to do more research to ensure the authenticity of the marriage as some countries like Pakistan, India, Arab countries have HIGH rates of fraud (even if the age is close, religion is the same, family knows, they still want to make sure).

Since she is a female and hasn’t traveled, based on my research it should not take long. My estimate is less than 6 months. Possibly a lot less would say a few weeks but according to my senator COVID has slowed down the process for background checks as well, and any consulate in Pakistan or India doesn’t help either as they are backlogged with cases because they get thousands of applicants every year With many put on AP. But in the end, it’s all up to the CO. Just keep checking your CEAC and check for updates... this will help you to see if things are speeding along..Before you know it you’ll see her visa issued:)

this is my feedback after also researching obsessively day and night since my husband got put on AP..

7 minutes ago, jamesbond123 said:

@Ahmed&Freda

I searched the forum & couldn't find any woman who had DS5535.

You didn’t search enough. There are tons: 

Here is OnE if many examples ...

wife I assume a woman 

Dear all,

My wife recently completed her CR1 interview in Morocco. Her passport was returned to her and was given the DS5535 form. Can anyone share her/his experience with this form process. How long it takes to clear and to get the visa> Any inputs will be appreciate it!

Timeline
41 minutes ago, jamesbond123 said:

@Ahmed&Freda

I searched the forum & couldn't find any woman who had DS5535.

You'll have to read through the threads.  There are...even from Pakistan who are housewives.  I don't have the time to find them for you at the moment but I remember members on here referencing what happened in California being a possible reason that women from Pakistan were facing a hard time as well.

Timeline
2 hours ago, A Mo and L ma said:

You didn’t search enough. There are tons: 

Here is OnE if many examples ...

wife I assume a woman 

Dear all,

My wife recently completed her CR1 interview in Morocco. Her passport was returned to her and was given the DS5535 form. Can anyone share her/his experience with this form process. How long it takes to clear and to get the visa> Any inputs will be appreciate it!

I saw that post. its from 2017 and someone from Morocco who disappear. I am narrowing my search to woman from pakistan.

2 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

You'll have to read through the threads.  There are...even from Pakistan who are housewives.  I don't have the time to find them for you at the moment but I remember members on here referencing what happened in California being a possible reason that women from Pakistan were facing a hard time as well.

Whenever you get time. can you share those posts. I did read like 30 pages, none was helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/30/2020 at 1:53 PM, Ahmed&Freda said:

If a male applicant has a good interview done with no form being given to him . And as well as no form emailed . Is that good or are there chances of ap still ? 

29 minutes ago, Skull78000 said:

If a male applicant has a good interview done with no form being given to him . And as well as no form emailed . Is that good or are there chances of ap still ? 

My husband had a great interview. He was told he was approved. They took his passport and  No form was given.

later that day, he received an email with the DS 5535. A couple days later, he was told to pick up his passport with a 221g form. 

after the interview, routine administrative processing is done by the final officer to do a name search. This usually is resolved quickly and the visa is issued in a few days. If the name has a ‘hit’, it triggers an SAO for further review before a visa can be issued. Or, the adjudicating officer saw something that he or she decided needed further review

Timeline
7 minutes ago, A Mo and L ma said:

My husband had a great interview. He was told he was approved. They took his passport and  No form was given.

later that day, he received an email with the DS 5535. A couple days later, he was told to pick up his passport with a 221g form. 

after the interview, routine administrative processing is done by the final officer to do a name search. This usually is resolved quickly and the visa is issued in a few days. If the name has a ‘hit’, it triggers an SAO for further review before a visa can be issued. Or, the adjudicating officer saw something that he or she decided needed further review

So if u have none of the forms but my husbands name like you said has a hit or triggers an sao . Than how long would it take for the visa ?

30 minutes ago, Skull78000 said:

So if u have none of the forms but my husbands name like you said has a hit or triggers an sao . Than how long would it take for the visa ?

From what I have read, most cases are completed within 60 days. The rest are completed within 120 days. Then you have that 1% that for whatever reason takes MONTHS or even years...no said time for anyone. But it seems to be that the more travel history or being from a certain country, the longer the process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.