21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
10 hours ago, Lee C Rapsey said:

Ok thank you. I appreciate it. I am probably thinking to much of it.

Was your spouse with you?

"Life is a journey." At this moment, it's taking me to the USA to the woman I love.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had my interview August 20th and I feel it went exactly like yours. The interviewer was friendly

but stoic. Our interview only lasted around 20 minutes. It’s been about 3 weeks now and I still haven’t heard anything. It can be easy to think the worst in situations like this. Trust me I’ve had many a sleepless night since my interview. Hang in there and hopefully we both hear good news soon! 

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Countries, One Love

They haven't provided an I-551 stamp at/after the interview in a long time. Decisions often are not made immediately....typically some sort of final processing is necessary. This can take hours, days, weeks, or longer even without any apparent issues.

Our approval notice came days after the interview. My friend's took a few months. Neither of us had any issues with the interview.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
10 hours ago, sweethrtt said:

I had my interview August 20th and I feel it went exactly like yours. The interviewer was friendly

but stoic. Our interview only lasted around 20 minutes. It’s been about 3 weeks now and I still haven’t heard anything. It can be easy to think the worst in situations like this. Trust me I’ve had many a sleepless night since my interview. Hang in there and hopefully we both hear good news soon! 

Did you check status of your case online? We had our interview yesterday and today the status has changed to New Card is Being Produced.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

From my experience, I asked for the stamp just incase the GC took forever to be produced. The IO gladly stamped my PP. I think you have to ask for it. This was 2017 September.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It will have been 4 weeks today since our interview and I also have heard nothing.  We thought it went well but I guess just have to be patient which is hard lol.  He told me I would have a decision within 30 days. Is that just 30 regular days or business days?  And is it worth calling next week or pointless?

I just read last night there were 800 layoffs at NBC so that can't help things. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.