stech786

Submit 2019 taxes days before interview

21 posts in this topic

I submitted my docs on Nov 2019, DQ in Feb 2020, interview cancelled in Mar.  all the taxes and W2 were up to 2018. 

now I got reschudule of interview next week. Should I submit my 2019 taxes to CEAC which I filed today & W2 now? Or wait?

someone told me to add to additional docs as it will not trigger another review.

as soon as I uploaded, the status said uploaded. I know when I submit, it will change to Submitted. While all other docs says Accepted. This is scary as I don’t want another review as it may take 2 wks or so. Our medical expire next month. Any delay would be devastating.

Kindly advice. 

2 hours ago, stech786 said:

I submitted my docs on Nov 2019, DQ in Feb 2020, interview cancelled in Mar.  all the taxes and W2 were up to 2018. 

now I got reschudule of interview next week. Should I submit my 2019 taxes to CEAC which I filed today & W2 now? Or wait?

someone told me to add to additional docs as it will not trigger another review.

as soon as I uploaded, the status said uploaded. I know when I submit, it will change to Submitted. While all other docs says Accepted. This is scary as I don’t want another review as it may take 2 wks or so. Our medical expire next month. Any delay would be devastating.

Kindly advice. 

Do not upload anything until they say so. Bring the additional documents to your interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, stech786 said:

Kindly advice. 

Bring docs to interview. 

@Raza329

@Wasim abbas

@Troy B

you all know they don’t accept anything in person. I only heard Only wedding photos are accepted. 

everyone on FB group says I should upload it. I’m confuse now

in the NVC letter for interview it does say bring most recent taxes in person or upload it. But it was back in Mar 2020. At that time 2028 taxes would be good. Now it’s just frustrating that they can ask for 2019. I do have them. Same job, income level is good enough etc

@pushbrk what do you advice?

Edited by stech786

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, stech786 said:

@Raza329

@Wasim abbas

@Troy B

you all know they don’t accept anything in person. I only heard Only wedding photos are accepted. 

You all know that it is a consulate specific situation and since you failed to identify your consulate 

YMMV

Just now, payxibka said:

You all know that it is a consulate specific situation and since you failed to identify your consulate 

I didn't know it was consulate specific situation. Isn't all rules apply to everyone rule for all? Its about Pakistan Islamabad embassy. I know some officers at different embassy are picky

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, stech786 said:

I didn't know it was consulate specific situation. Isn't all rules apply to everyone rule for all? Its about Pakistan Islamabad embassy. I know some officers at different embassy are picky

one would think that there would be consistency, but actual experience indicates far from it

YMMV

Timeline
8 hours ago, stech786 said:

Kindly advice. 

From what I have read, many people upload documents after receiving the interview letter. It does not trigger a review, so I think you’ll be fine.

i plan to do the same once I have my interview letter.

Do you mind telling, if your interview was regular rescheduled or expedited re-scheduled? 

4 minutes ago, 2019 said:

From what I have read, many people upload documents after receiving the interview letter. It does not trigger a review, so I think you’ll be fine.

i plan to do the same once I have my interview letter.

Do you mind telling, if your interview was regular rescheduled or expedited re-scheduled? 

yes & no. I sent expedite request in June & it was denied. so I don't know if this is a result of that or not. my interview was cancelled in Mar so I think I was priority 

33 minutes ago, payxibka said:

one would think that there would be consistency, but actual experience indicates far from it

can you answer the original post?

@Raza329

@Wasim abbas

@Troy B

as I agree that don't upload or unless bring something that isn't asked. In the NVC letter, it says to bring/upload most recent taxes. so originally Mar 2020, my 2018 would be sufficient and now we are in Sept. it would be 2019 taxes. I don;t know if embassy staff know of additional 6 month tax extension ppl apply for. which makes Oct 15. 

thanks 

Edited by stech786

Timeline
1 hour ago, stech786 said:

yes & no. I sent expedite request in June & it was denied. so I don't know if this is a result of that or not. my interview was cancelled in Mar so I think I was priority 

@Raza329

@Wasim abbas

@Troy B

as I agree that don't upload or unless bring something that isn't asked. In the NVC letter, it says to bring/upload most recent taxes. so originally Mar 2020, my 2018 would be sufficient and now we are in Sept. it would be 2019 taxes. I don;t know if embassy staff know of additional 6 month tax extension ppl apply for. which makes Oct 15. 

thanks 

@stech786 that means the Islamabad embassy has started rescheduling cancelled interviews.

Thankyou and good luck for the interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, stech786 said:

@Raza329

@Wasim abbas

@Troy B

thanks 

Since the NVC letter said "bring/upload" I would upload the most recent taxes.   This allows the interviewer the chance to go over the docs before they see you.  And the more reading of quality data they have done, the more likely they will want to approve you.

2 minutes ago, Troy B said:

Since the NVC letter said "bring/upload" I would upload the most recent taxes.   This allows the interviewer the chance to go over the docs before they see you.  And the more reading of quality data they have done, the more likely they will want to approve you.

Thanks make sense

Timeline
13 hours ago, stech786 said:

Kindly advice. 

Congrats, but did you expedite the case or filed WOM or is it normal processing?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.