2,966 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
10 hours ago, Demise said:

There's backlogs in printing the cards right now which is likely why it's taking so long.

Thank you.Β 
Β 

@Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj do you know what is the process and steps..do they send approval letter first and then send the actual card in separate mails?

Β 

appreciate all the help

So I'm sitting here cracking up with my love-hate relationship with uscis. Just got letters in the mail today. One from the ombudsman and one from my field office and all are dated same day from different parts of the country.

Β 

Ombudsman reads.....Β The ombudsman's office has determined that USCIS has taken action regarding the application / petition referenced. Correspondence will be sent directly to you at the address USCIS has on file. To obtain updated information, you may wish to contact USCIS directly through proper channels. Because USCIS has taken action, our office will be closing this request we hope that you find this information helpful and thank you for giving our office the opportunity to assist you.

Β 

Field office reads.....Β you are here by notified to appear for the interview appointment, as scheduled below, for the completion of your application to register permanent residence or adjust status from i-485 and any supporting applications or petitions........... With date as 12/16/2020.

And continues to list the documents I need to bring to the interview.

Β 

Long long story short, I already got my approval for 360 in June this year and prior to that already attended my 485 interview earlier in March this year. I then got an RFE for birth certificate which I submitted to NBC in August, so with this new request for interview could it be a mistake, or they did screw up something that they want me to be reinterviewed for the same case number?

Β 

My 485 interview was held at the Baltimore field office where I used to live in 4 years ago and now this second interview is coming from the Charlotte field office which is where I currently live.

Could this be a mix up as I assume it might be?

Edited by aquila
Edit

Filed: Timeline
On 11/11/2020 at 11:23 AM, Lish said:

Hello fam,

I hope your day is going on well. Pls I need your urgent helpΒ once again, I have my i485 interview in few days and I am exhausted because of the things they requested. I have been gathering the informationΒ they asked for but unfortunately I cannot get hold of my children ( who areΒ still in my home counttry) birth certificate which was among the documents he destroyed during an heated arguments back then.

I have been trying to get copies from local government in my home country but all effort proved abortive due to the pandemic infact they can't even ascertain whenΒ they can send meΒ another copies exactly.

Please fam I need your urgent advice as it was specifically mentioned inΒ  interview notice to bring it along with me.

Any advice is welcome. ThanksπŸ™

Have you previously submitted their birth certificates? If so it probably wont be an issue. The notice you get about what to bring to the interview contains various things, some of which they already have. Its a standard notice. Keep trying to get the copies. If you do not have them you MUST still go to the interview. If the Officer asks for them you can explain why you do not have them. If they were previously submitted let them know that. You can also bring whatever proof you have of your attempts to get them (emails or letters from your country saying they can not do this right now due to the pandemic or whatever it said). The Officer will decide if they need the birth certificates from you or not. If they do require them they will give you an RFE for you to submit them after the interview. That will give you an additional 87 days to get them. If at that point you still dont have them the case will be denied.Β  You must respond to the RFE though even if you dont have them to submit. Explain in it what the situation is and request that if they deny you to not send you to removal proceedings because you are in the process still of trying to obtain them.

Β 

Once its deniedΒ you could either refile the 485 orΒ file a motion to reopen the denied 485 along with the birth certificates. Technically they can deny the motion because in reality you did fail to respond to the RFE with the documents they asked for, but from my observations and understanding of this they most likely would approve the motion. USCIS is not entirely heartless. They do not want you to have to go through the whole 485 process again. Its more stress for you and more work for them. They routinely approve motions to reopen when they dont technically have to. Your motion to reopen would go to the office that denied you and they will see in your file everything that happened. That you told them in the interview of your struggles to get the birth certificates, that you responded to the RFE again explaining the issue with getting the birth certificates due to the pandemic and now you have them so they will most likely approve your motion and reopen the case and process the approval.Β 

On 11/10/2020 at 8:58 PM, Ana FL said:

My EAD under my I-360 case is showing as delivered to my old address but the owner there says they didn’t receive anything. So I’m trying to set up an infopass to make sure they can update my address(already mailed the change of address 2 time to Vermont). But they called me back and said there are no infopasses available at my field office, told me to try calling again next week. :(Β 

So sorry to hear this!Β 

Β 

First, have you checked with the local post office? Attempt to speak to both the local post office at the old address and the one for your current address if they are different. They may be able to assist you in finding it. If they can not then you will have a much easier time using your congressman to verify your address has been updated and getting them to resend the card then you would at infopass. If you have copies of the AR11s you submitted bring that to your congressman or if you received mail at the new address from USCIS bring that as well to show it was their error mailing the card to the wrong location. When they send EADs they are suppose to check the system to see if your address was updated. Sometimes they fail to do so and it gets sent to the old address. Other times your AR11 is not processed correctly so their system is not updated causing the card to be mailed to the wrong place. Either way you are going to have a better experience dealing with the congressman then trying to resolve this with infopass. Its hard to get an infopass and often the appointment is a waste of time because the person you speak to at the infopass will just give you general information and does nothing more then send service requests, they dont usually follow up with you like the congressman will.Β 

Β 

Β 

19 hours ago, Six666 said:

Quick question

So When i submitted i-360 i485 together, i used to have long hairs(ponytail), Β i look very different in those pictures(passport size pic)Β  i cut my hairs and now i have short hairs, pretty descent look :)

, ANYONE KNOWS IF I WOULD BE ABLE TO SUBMIT MY NEW PIC AT INTERVIEW?Β 

Would officer be ableΒ to update my pics on greencard or they would useΒ the initially submiited pics?

Your hairstyle doesnt matter. You can change your hair color, cut your hair, shave your head, grow a beard, etc. It doesnt matter. My husband actually tattooed his face after we submitted his package and biometrics so his picture shows him with no face tattoos and its never been an issue besides when people look at his card or drivers license with his old pictures and comment on how he looks different now.Β 

Β 

USCIS is like the DMV. They dont care if you change your hair or if you think the picture they have of you is unflattering.Β 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Have you previously submitted their birth certificates? If so it probably wont be an issue. The notice you get about what to bring to the interview contains various things, some of which they already have. Its a standard notice. Keep trying to get the copies. If you do not have them you MUST still go to the interview. If the Officer asks for them you can explain why you do not have them. If they were previously submitted let them know that. You can also bring whatever proof you have of your attempts to get them (emails or letters from your country saying they can not do this right now due to the pandemic or whatever it said). The Officer will decide if they need the birth certificates from you or not. If they do require them they will give you an RFE for you to submit them after the interview. That will give you an additional 87 days to get them. If at that point you still dont have them the case will be denied.Β  You must respond to the RFE though even if you dont have them to submit. Explain in it what the situation is and request that if they deny you to not send you to removal proceedings because you are in the process still of trying to obtain them.

Β 

Once its deniedΒ you could either refile the 485 orΒ file a motion to reopen the denied 485 along with the birth certificates. Technically they can deny the motion because in reality you did fail to respond to the RFE with the documents they asked for, but from my observations and understanding of this they most likely would approve the motion. USCIS is not entirely heartless. They do not want you to have to go through the whole 485 process again. Its more stress for you and more work for them. They routinely approve motions to reopen when they dont technically have to. Your motion to reopen would go to the office that denied you and they will see in your file everything that happened. That you told them in the interview of your struggles to get the birth certificates, that you responded to the RFE again explaining the issue with getting the birth certificates due to the pandemic and now you have them so they will most likely approve your motion and reopen the case and process the approval.Β 

This is a second interview that you need to attend, it’s not a mistake, even if it’s a mistake, just go to make sure you don’t complicate anything.

1 hour ago, HolaBola31 said:

Hi guys!!! I can’t believe I’m posting this. But.Β 
My VAWA was approved todayπŸ₯°πŸ˜ŠπŸ₯°πŸ˜Š

I’m very happy!

Β 

I wish everyone will get approval very soon!

Thank you for your support guys!!!

Visajorney is the best place I could be in my immigration process!

A lot of you know even more that some lawyers!!!

Β 

Congratulations πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸΎ πŸ€—

Β 

15 hours ago, Chei-360 said:

I think they will advise your lawyer to call VT or write them directly, I guess the first level officer are not allowed to give any information regarding VAWA case.

No Officers are allowed to give VAWA case info over the phone. Not tier level one, not tier level 2. All correspondence needs to go to VSC in writing and you must sign and date your letter in ink. You can also speak to someone at infopass because they verify your identity. Or you can use your congressman because they also verify your identity. This is done for your protection. There is no way for them to verify your identity over the phone and its very easy for someone who has your information to call up pretending to be you.Β 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Gi Gi said:

@sandranjΒ hi Sandha I received my 130 approval in May and a letter that they cant proceed with my i-485Β  until they get my medical that was in May. I haven't heard from anyone since.Β 

You have to explain your case better. You said your I-130 was approved in May. Β You need theΒ Β I-360 to be approved, not I-130.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 hours ago, Apolo said:

Good evening VJ Family im sorry for posting this on here but i was trying to look it up and i didn't find an answer. My question is if i cash my stimulus check will that impact my AOS interview ?Β Β 

It won'tΒ Β impact your case at all.

24 minutes ago, aquila said:

So I'm sitting here cracking up with my love-hate relationship with uscis. Just got letters in the mail today. One from the ombudsman and one from my field office and all are dated same day from different parts of the country.

Β 

Ombudsman reads.....Β The ombudsman's office has determined that USCIS has taken action regarding the application / petition referenced. Correspondence will be sent directly to you at the address USCIS has on file. To obtain updated information, you may wish to contact USCIS directly through proper channels. Because USCIS has taken action, our office will be closing this request we hope that you find this information helpful and thank you for giving our office the opportunity to assist you.

Β 

Field office reads.....Β you are here by notified to appear for the interview appointment, as scheduled below, for the completion of your application to register permanent residence or adjust status from i-485 and any supporting applications or petitions........... With date as 12/16/2020.

And continues to list the documents I need to bring to the interview.

Β 

Long long story short, I already got my approval for 360 in June this year and prior to that already attended my 485 interview earlier in March this year. I then got an RFE for birth certificate which I submitted to NBC in August, so with this new request for interview could it be a mistake, or they did screw up something that they want me to be reinterviewed for the same case number?

Β 

My 485 interview was held at the Baltimore field office where I used to live in 4 years ago and now this second interview is coming from the Charlotte field office which is where I currently live.

Could this be a mix up as I assume it might be?

It doesnt seem to be a mix up.

Β 

The Ombudsman is telling you they looked into your case and theres no issue with it so they are closing your request for help.

Β 

The local office sent you an interview notice. You need to attend the interview.Β  It seems you previously sent a AOS package with your spouse (theΒ 130-485). And you had an interview for the 485 from that joint filing in March. Im assuming you went to that interview alone and advised them you were filing VAWA and asked them to hold your 485 right? Then your 360 was approved in June. When the 360 was approved your case got sent to NBC. They check it before sending it to the local office. NBC saw a birth certificate was missing and RFEd you for it. You submitted it and NBC then sent your case to the local office. Your local office (Charlotte) has decided that they are going to interview you again, most likely because your previous interview was at a different local office (Baltimore) and possibly because this 485 is based on an approved 360 where it was previously based on a 130. You are very lucky to have your interview set so quickly! Charlotte got your case in August apx so thats about 3 months ago. Some people wait 1 yr or more for interview slots.Β 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
20 minutes ago, sandranj said:

You have to explain your case better. You said your I-130 was approved in May. Β You need theΒ Β I-360 to be approved, not I-130.

They were both approved. My uscis officee I saw at my greencard I terrier he didn't cancel my application so it was still pending (i485) like I didn't show up which is what he said he would do for me. But since vawa approval I don't know where I am now with my case the last letter I got was regarding my i485 medical that they will request it so they could make a decision.it wasn't requested.

Β 

My c31will expire in a few weeks.Β 

1 hour ago, ponak98 said:

Thank you.Β 
Β 

@Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj do you know what is the process and steps..do they send approval letter first and then send the actual card in separate mails?

Β 

appreciate all the help

Hello there..with USCIS it can go any way with their messy selves! But usually after you get the card production notification, the card is sent to you, next.is the approval update after which the approval notice is sent..at least that's how mine and a host of other petitioners here went.πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘ congrats to all who got approved..just seeing a lot of approvals..looking good already!πŸ˜€β­βœ¨πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.